General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-09-2010, 02:39 AM   #1  

Default Belly fat pain

Hello there

I've been having really sharp pains in my 'belly flab,' and am just wondering if this might be anythign to do with my weight loss? It's only in one place, and is definitley in the outer flab, and not in the muscles so I doubt it's from exercise. Anyone had any experience of this?
Btw, i've lost 18 pounds in 4 weeks.

Thanks in advance
onmyway1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:41 AM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Did they just start? Do you have a fever? Is the pain on one side or the other?

Any kind of sharp pain can be worrisome, and if it continues, you definitely want to get it looked at by a physician.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:49 AM   #3  

Thanks for your rapid reply!

The pain is on the right side, and in the roll around my tummy. It seems to get worse upon exertion. I guess i'll leave it for a day or 2, see how it goes...

Thankyou
Old 03-09-2010, 02:54 AM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Does it hurt more when you bounce?

Right side sharp stomach pain is a big ol' red flag for appendicitis. If you have any nausea, fever, etc, you might want to get evaluated soon.

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/a...citis-symptoms
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:07 AM   #5  

Thanks again for your reply.

No fever, nausea or tummy upset, just the sharp pain in the flab. I'll see how it goes for today, hopefully it's nothing to worry about...
Old 03-09-2010, 03:20 AM   #6  

Height: 5'4"

appendex :/
liver?
wannabesomebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:58 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 189

Height: 5'5

I just had hernia surgery......sounds like what my symptoms were. Not killer pain but after a workout or strain a strange pain. Sometimes dull and other sharp. Mine was just below the belly button. Get it checked. Hernia's can't heal themselves and can get serious. Once there is a little tear it just keeps getting bigger with every exertion. good luck!
getittogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:51 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 160/ticker/120

Height: 5'3

Hi -

Although it seems like it is in your "flab," it most likely is NOT. It's very important for you to get that checked out. It's called referred pain and happens because of where nocioceptors (pain receptors) synapse in the spinal cord. Although it seems like you skin, it is very likely that it is actually an underlying organ or muscle and the pain just seems to be on your skin.... This is very common in heart attacks - arm pain, back pain - these are referred pain. You should definitely go to the doctor.
petlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:03 PM   #9  

Hi

Thankyou ladies so much for your advice. I took it, and was told I have a lipoma! She noticed the lump before she even did an ultrasound. She said it's probably been there for a while, but has just become noticeable since losing some weight (about 20 lbs so far)
It's funny though as I can remember when I was pregnant, my belly always looked uneven when I looked at it when lying on my back.
She said that they are not cancerous, and doesn't need to be removed unless it causes any problems. What do you think?

Thanks so much for your help