Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 12:34 PM   #1  

Smile IP Chat - Week of March 8 - 14th

Here is the link to last weeks chat

Ideal Protein Weekly Chat March 1 - 7th
Old 03-08-2010, 12:49 PM   #2  

I'm trying out the cauliflower crusted pizza tonight - very excited!!

NSV's - today I felt my collarbone and I can't wear my wedding bands because they won't stay on my finger
Old 03-08-2010, 01:34 PM   #3  

Height: 5'10"

So...I was having a few "issues" shall we say and used a dose of Citrate of Magnesium or whatever that stuff is called. Whooooo Boy, won't be doing that again. Wowzers. I think I'm going to explore taking a daily fiber pill to try to ward off any "issues" again. It's been a rough 24 hours!
Old 03-08-2010, 01:42 PM   #4  
RJC

S/C/G: 250/235/225

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
NSV's - today I felt my collarbone and I can't wear my wedding bands because they won't stay on my finger
VERY NICE!

Week 6 for me.....time flies. Every time I hit the scale and its down, I'm surprised. Not sure what to expect for the next 5 weeks but anything around the 12 I've lost in the first 5 would be amazing. I'm expecting less.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:50 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC View Post
VERY NICE!

Week 6 for me.....time flies. Every time I hit the scale and its down, I'm surprised. Not sure what to expect for the next 5 weeks but anything around the 12 I've lost in the first 5 would be amazing. I'm expecting less.
I remember my first week feeling like it was a month long and now here I am two months into the program and the weeks are just flying by!!

Keep up with the positive outlook, 12 lbs is 12 lbs!!
Old 03-08-2010, 03:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Red face

So today will be the first real test to avoid cheating, our boss's daughter comes to the office after work, cute little 8-year-old on a regular basis, actually helps around the office a lot. Yesterday was her birthday, so we are celebrating with a cake for her. I don't eat many sweets, but can never resist birthday cake when it is for an actual birthday, not just cause. I resisted pizza the other night because my boyfriend got olives and pepperoni, neither of which I like. Cake I like so this will be tough. Just need to tell myself that it is not my dad's homemade icing, it is store bought, and nowhere near as good. Will keep everyone posted!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 03:02 PM   #7  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

I will want the details please on how that pizza tastes!!

Congratulations on your success.... can't wait to be there.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:09 PM   #8  

Jordanna - Congrats on your NSV and continued losses.

My weekend went better and now I am not as hungry as I was last week. I think I am in ketosis, as I do have a somewhat different taste and the reduced hunger. Yeah! I have been using BreathRx mouthwash and it seems to really help. My hubby can't stand that ketosis breath.

I have been having a few sugar free pickles in my salad and it is so good. I always have put these in my salad and am glad I can continue. They have
1g carb which so far hasn't hurt me.

Tomorrow is my first weighin. I am anxious to go as I feel "lighter". We email our food list to our coach and she has everything ready for us. So far I find I like all the food. I do like to make the puddings into a smoothie though with lots of ice.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:17 PM   #9  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Quote:

Thanks for starting our new thread. I also, can't wear my rings - i did find my pinkie ring from when i graduated from university (25 years ago) and it fits. i told my husband that i'm going to need some new rings - he got this confused look on his face - so funny - poor guy!
Old 03-08-2010, 03:17 PM   #10  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by babs181 View Post
So today will be the first real test to avoid cheating, our boss's daughter comes to the office after work, cute little 8-year-old on a regular basis, actually helps around the office a lot. Yesterday was her birthday, so we are celebrating with a cake for her. I don't eat many sweets, but can never resist birthday cake when it is for an actual birthday, not just cause. I resisted pizza the other night because my boyfriend got olives and pepperoni, neither of which I like. Cake I like so this will be tough. Just need to tell myself that it is not my dad's homemade icing, it is store bought, and nowhere near as good. Will keep everyone posted!!!
Store bought cake and icing are full of chemicals and they taste awful. Save your "slip" for something more worthwhile.

Eat one of your IP snacks or some protein (cheese, nuts) before the cake event.

Another tip is not to look directly at the cake and don't spend any time near it or talking about it. Ignore it like you would an enemy (which it is.)

Also, drink some extra water.

Come back and report your NSV (non-scale victory.)
Old 03-08-2010, 03:19 PM   #11  

My favorite thing to have on IP (I have it twice a day) is the vanilla pudding made into a shake with a couple tsp of instant decaf coffee in it and 2 ice cubes...mmmmmmmm, some days I have to convince myself not to have all three of my IP meals as this!
Old 03-08-2010, 03:28 PM   #12  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

thank you Jordanna... I was down 1.5 on the scale but 4 lbs. fat which is great! I knew that I slacked off this week on getting all my water in and my coach said that my retention was up so I am going to be chugging the water the next few days to see if I can have a few more lbs. come off like Libby* did a few weeks ago. I am officially at 145.2 and so today I went home and tried on all my old jeans and shirts that either haven't fit in a year or 2 or didn't "look right" on me. I feel like I went shopping! I like how all my old shirts look and I have finally managed to fit into my favorite pair of jeans (they are a little snug but 5 more lbs or so should do the trick) Needless to say I am in a great mood today. Congrats to everyone who is losing this week!

I am going to Texas on my spring break next week for a wedding. I plan to have 2 meals at a place called Cheddars.. by this time I will have been solid on IP for 5 weeks so I am going to have a few small portions of pasta on those to occasions and some wedding cake. I am going to enjoy the heck out of it too Have a nice Monday!!
Old 03-08-2010, 03:33 PM   #13  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Also, do any of you think that doing some intense leg workouts over the next few weeks will help with some of the loss in my legs? I have lost a few inches but the loss in my upper body is much more significant than the loss in my lower body. I also have cellulite on the insides of my thighs (my biggest insecurity). My beautiful, lovely, wonderful thighs (i'm trying to sweet talk them into going away this week) are my final stumbling block on this diet. Hopefully my last 26 lbs. come off of my thighs..HA!

I think we should all post our least favorite part of our body and say audios to it!
Old 03-08-2010, 03:49 PM   #14  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
thank you Jordanna... I was down 1.5 on the scale but 4 lbs. fat which is great! I knew that I slacked off this week on getting all my water in and my coach said that my retention was up so I am going to be chugging the water the next few days to see if I can have a few more lbs. come off like Libby* did a few weeks ago. I am officially at 145.2 and so today I went home and tried on all my old jeans and shirts that either haven't fit in a year or 2 or didn't "look right" on me. I feel like I went shopping! I like how all my old shirts look and I have finally managed to fit into my favorite pair of jeans (they are a little snug but 5 more lbs or so should do the trick) Needless to say I am in a great mood today. Congrats to everyone who is losing this week!

I am going to Texas on my spring break next week for a wedding. I plan to have 2 meals at a place called Cheddars.. by this time I will have been solid on IP for 5 weeks so I am going to have a few small portions of pasta on those to occasions and some wedding cake. I am going to enjoy the heck out of it too Have a nice Monday!!
Those are called "planned slips" and IP will be there for you when you get back. Eat a few bites of protein before the pasta so you don't get an "insulin surge" from the carb intake.

But most of all: Have fun and let us know how it went when you come back.

Oh, and what are you wearing to the wedding? I love fashion reports.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:05 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 191/IP185/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Jordanna,

I am eating the fritatta that you posted on the recipe page for lunch right now and it is wonderful!! I'm not a huge fan of the IP Omelet and this is actually really good. I did cheat with 1 tsp parm cheese though
Closed Thread