South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-07-2010, 10:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/158/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Lost

Hey everyone ! So, I'm kind of down because I have lost my way. I was doing so well for the past 5 weeks and this past 5 days have been a disaster. My partners sister has been visiting and being distracted from my daily routine has been terrible. I haven't gone CRAZY but I've def not been on my best behavior with my eating and I have not worked out once in the past few days. I'm so disappointed in myself. I feel sad and angry and just fed up. I do so well and then something distracts me and I stop progressing.
I plan on trying to start w my meals and workouts again tomorrow. I don't want want to let myself down. I really don't have any support, true support, from anyone in my life. It's hard because when I feel weak I really have no one to help and sometimes it would just be nice to have someone to talk to when I feel weak so they can help me put myself back in check.
Anyway, I just needed to vent. I hate feeling this way....and every time something like this happens I always ask myself "do I really wanna feel like this about myself" my answer is ALWAYS no but yet somehow I still fall back. Ughhhhh

Hope everyone is doing well.
PlatinumGi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:32 PM   #2  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Hey Platinum, consider us your support. That's why we have this forum. I've been having problems the last few days due to personal problems, but I always am inspired when I come to this site. It helps get me back on track and be accountable. Try posting here daily if you can. It really does help. You can do it! We've all been there. The fact that you posted means you want this to work. We're here for you!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 130/124/110

Height: 5'2

Sorry for the hard week! We are all here to support you, and I believe you will get back on track to reach your goals!
mizzmoe01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:20 PM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Platinum

Nice to meet you. I really need accountability and like minded thinking, so I start every single day here on this forum. In addition to helping with my motivation to stay OP, my getting here everyday means when I have an off day, it's only one.

I understand how hard it is when you get out of your routine. I'm that way, too. I just keep working on it.
Jump back on, and I hope to hear from you soon.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:10 AM   #5  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

We are here for you...you CAN do it!!
Every day is a new day to begin again.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

PlatinumGi, you will get plenty of encouragement and support here, as you've already noticed, so you came to the right place. We care, and are here to listen and help you stay motivated to keep on-track. You already discovered how bad you feel when you stray off-plan, so use that feeling as a tool to get you back on track with your eating, and soon you'll be feeling good about yourself again. Do this for you. You can do it!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:34 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

Do not look back and beat yourself up. This is a way of life, not a diet, and things will get in the way of perfection sometimes. See if there are any lessons you can learn from this (always have OP snacks available? develop fallback restaurant choices? etc.) and move right on. I also feel starting the day here, especially putting up my daily menus, keeps me very much on track. I went off plan this weekend too and it was not a day I visited here in the morning because we were traveling. I didn't have my reinforcement for the day. Lesson learned. Next week we are going on vacation, and I am going to have to come up with some guidelines for myself. A lot of it is about looking ahead and anticipating roadblocks. You will feel so much better after one on plan day.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:26 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

I agree with them all! I have done SB twice before but this is the first time I have joined the forum. It has made a huge difference in my motivation and all that emotional stuff you talk about... like support and venting. I come here often and it helps me a lot!

BTW - Food for thought (no pun intended), if the past days have been quite bad, you might consider going back on PH1 for a while.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:00 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The people who are most successful on SBD are those who post daily whether or not things are going well. There is lots of enthusiasm and support on The Beach.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:27 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 161.5/148.5/130

Height: 5'6"

just jump back on!!
We all have bad days, weeks, but as another poster stated, this is a way of life, and if you happen to stray off plan, it is okay, because you can hop right back on!

Major off plan weekend for me(second one in a row), but I am back on today, and sticking with phase 1 for a while.

I don't post much but do a lot of reading here, and everyone is so helpful and informative. It's a wonderful support system!
Best to you,
Deb
dwdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:54 AM   #11  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Stick around! We'll be here for ya!
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:02 AM   #12  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I echo all that was said. Just start back today!

Last edited by jenne1017; 03-08-2010 at 09:02 AM.
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:38 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I feel for you. U can do it!
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:56 AM   #14  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Jump back in!

Life is just that... life. Family obligations and celebrations come up. But this isn't about perfection. It's about balance. So when "life challenges" come up, do your best, learn what you can, jump back on, and know the next time a "life challege" rolls your way you will have experiences to fall back on to get you through.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:22 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 224/218/140

Height: 5'4

I'm right there with you. I was doing really well for the first two months. Then I cheated once. Then again..and this whole past week has been terrible. I feel the exact same way you do. I have decided to start back on phase one today. Hopefully I can keep up with the motivation now! I need to start checking in daily here, too, because I don't really have much support, either. Thank you ladies for being here!
lyssas is offline   Reply With Quote