WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 03-01-2010, 05:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

Default What meal do you eat the most points?

I'm wondering what time of day, or which meal you consume the majority of your points? I usually eat a small breakfast (3 or 4 Points) and then a slightly bigger lunch (5 or 6 points) and a huge dinner (10 - 11 points) with some 1 or 2 point snacks in between.

I've been losing about 1pound a week or less and I'm thinking that maybe I should be spreading my points out more evenly. I just get scared that I'll eat all of my points to early and it will backfire later on in the day if I get too hungry. I'm curious to know everyone's thoughts and experiences with points distribution! Thanks!
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 183/170/128

Height: 5'5

I currently do a different plan than WW, but when I did do it, I followed the same plan as you. I just couldn't handle not having a larger dinner.

I went through phases where I didn't lose very much, but then all of a sudden I would lose 4 pounds in one week.

For me, I couldn't have stayed on plan if I did not have a larger dinner. Maybe try that (spreading out the points) and see if it works with you. But if you think it will keep you from continuing your journey, don't risk it!

Good luck!
katybug12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 193/170/140

Height: 5'5"

I usually have 7 or 8 points for dinner. Some days I have less and some times more. It depends on the points I have already eaten that day and whether it is a high point day for me. I do eat some of my WPA a couple of days a week.
Sheena41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:28 PM   #4  
Life Time 2001

Dinner is my largest meal also.
It should not make any difference as long as you stay within your points.
LilyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:31 PM   #5  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

dinner, definitely. I have 29 points a day and probably 12 - 14 go for dinner. I do not snack ever afterwards but generally don't need to.
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:54 PM   #6  

You will actually control hunger better if you spread your points out a bit better during the day. My leader suggested taking our daily points, dividing by 2. The first half was for breakfast and lunch. The second half was for dinner and snacks. It works for me.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:33 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 92kg/85kg/65kg

I often find that I use the most number of points at lunchtime, and by default dinner has to be less- so I try to find filling foods with the lowest points possible. Also here in the Netherlands we are on the 'Pro Points' system so can basically eat a 'satisfying' amount of a number of foods (ie rice, potatoes, lean meat) for either 5 or 7 points total, so that makes it easier to find a lower point evening meal that still has a portion size larger than what a sparrow would eat...

I have the idea that its not good, at least for me, to eat most of my points in one meal. Also, by trying to spead it out more over the day, I am training myself to better recognise when I am full or at least satisfied. When I do eat too many points in one meal I feel yuk afterwards and its back to the old 'stuffed' feeling that I 'used to' consider was 'full'. I am trying to avoid that...
suzyjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:45 PM   #8  

I try to balance out my points however it really depends on the day.. like this morning i was starvting so had 7 points for breakfast/6 for lunch/the rest will be for snack and dinner
puglover82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 248.6/249/135

Height: 5'2"ish

I also have most of my points for dinner. It works best for me that way because then I can cook something instead of eating a piece of fruit or a frozen dinner. But I also don't usually eat anything after I eat dinner either. It works for me.
Chrissy1175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:16 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I get 18 pts/day, so I typically eat 3 for breakfast, 4 for lunch, 7-8 for dinner, and save at least 2 for a snack at night. I have been known to eat 2 pt breakfasts and 2 pt lunches - Such is my downfall and the reason why after two years my weight is just plateauing.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:49 AM   #11  
!

S/C/G: 225/tick tock tick tock/130

Height: 5'4"

I find that I lose more weight when I eat a light(er) dinner. All those carbs and calories at the end of the day don't get burned off if I just hit the sack after eating.

Breakfast is 5-6 points. Morning snack is 3-4 points. Lunch is 6-7 points. Dinner is 6-7 points. That usually leaves a few points leeway here and there if I'm especially hungry, or want a quick snack before bed.

If you're worried about needing points later in the day, that's what flex points are for!
theresac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:45 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 212/198.4/160

Height: 5'6"

My breakfasts tend to be somewhat small in terms of points (usually 5 or less) so I tend to have larger lunches and dinners but recently lunch has been big--around 8-12 points. Trying to get the hang of eating smaller things (like fruit) in between meals but timing has been weird.

Today was another day where lunch dominated. Big lunch and dinner was a 3 point soup.

This is my first week so I guess I'll find out how effective this all is.
rayosun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:40 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 246/ticker/145

I usually eat most of mine for lunch. I stop eating 2 hours before bed (just water after my last snack), and don't want something really heavy for dinner. I once read somewhere that you should eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper. I say whoever can do that while feeding a family of four deserves my utmost respect lol
Mum2Monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 04:17 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 185/151/135

I usually eat more at dinner so I can have a meal with my (non WW family) and eat the same things they eat. I am on a meal plan service that gives me great ideas for meals that are "moderate" for me as far as points, but still super delicious for them too. I feel it sends them a message that I'm not dieting, but eating healthy.

So I will usually eat 8-9 points for dinner. I just never have dessert or snack after dinner.
jillfiredup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:16 PM   #15  

since i'm just starting i'm eating small at breakfast, a snack, a small lunch, a snack a higher point dinner, a snack. i'm also doing some power walking and walking up stairs on my lunch hour. once i see what kind weight i'm losing i can switch up my points in the day if i need too...and depending on how hungry i am in the early day. for the start i plan to use flex only on weekends (and definately not many of them...just a few extra for that treat from being good during the week)
jesi74 is offline   Reply With Quote