Old 03-01-2010, 12:09 PM   #1  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Default Friends and Losers- March 1-7

Hey All

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Did some clothes shopping after a long time...a real long time !!! I lost inches so quickly that it was almost a waste of money to keep buying clothes!So I hid under thick jackets over the winter....but come spring I desperately need a wardrobe make over....otherwise ppl might just start donating me clothes

I bought a cute pair of jeans...a low rise skinny at a very decent price...a size 27, whatever that means...( i usually understand 10-12-14....better)

So how is everyone else?
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 247

Height: 5' 5"

Default Help Starting Over

Hi All,

Lurking for a while, but I finally decided to post. I am trying to start LAWL all over again. Have been trying to piece together the program together by way of the internet and ordered a copy a couple of years ago that was e-mailed to me so just need to update. Lost tons 10 years ago at a center, and of course gained it all back again as soon as my husband lost his job and the stress started to build. Fourth pregnancy in between certainly didn't help. Anyway, this was the only program that worked for me, and I am desperate to lose the weight now. I have determined that I would be on Plan 4. Got the new protein portion sizes, but I really need is, what constitutes a starch portion (the program print out I have says that 1/2 small bagel or 1 Wasa cracker is 1 starch. Does this sound like the right amounts to be considered a starch? If it does then I know that the rest of starches listed with their amounts must be correct. Also, as far as the dairy, I have milk (8 oz.) cheese (part skim 2 oz.) Does this sound right? Other items are listed I just wanted to give a few examples to get a feel for correct portion sizes in the categories. Looking forward to any help or support I can get.
dizneemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:12 AM   #3  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

wow, where the heck is everyone? busy working out or planning meals i hope! ha!

anyways, we had a nice bday weekend for my DH, we were gonna go bowling, but DD got sick on sunday, so we've postponed it until next weekend for my bday.

anyway, lots of stuff going on in our lives right now, so i may become quite scarce around here, but i'll try to check in every now and again.
i'm still working out 5 days a week and eating well..because no matter what's going on in my life, i REFUSE to let that slide.

hope everyone is well! check in you lurkers!! everyone can use the support and comments!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:36 PM   #4  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Sorry I havent checked in. I went to Vegas for a few days and have been swamped at work since I have returned. I only ate two meals a day while I was away. Although I did have a few liquid meals....I know its bad but I was in Vegas!!! Since I have been home, its been back to chicken, salads, fruit and all that healthy stuff. I actually missed it. I am still trying to walk 5 days a week. My target is not far away. I told my son I would be down 10 pounds for his grad in May. I want to look fantastic! Anyways have a great week everyone. keep your head up high. Eat good, exercise and put a smile on your face!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:52 PM   #5  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Tons of folks chimed in last week and now it's quiet...I've been swamped at work. I can try and answer the starch question from my old material....
Yes, 1/2 small bagel = a starch; 1 Wasa = 1 starch....
the milk items you listed are correct too...Sounds like you are on the right track.

Since we don't have LAWL in the Atlanta area, I'm now doing QWLC (quick weight loss center)...very familiar to LAWL, but the counselors are a whole lot better. I am hopeful!!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:59 AM   #6  

Default Thanks

Hi Joni,

Thank you so much for your reply. I feel like I am doing this in the dark a little. It has been so long since I have done this. Tried WW in between, for some reason it just didn't do the trick. Like I said at this point I am really desperate to get this weight off. More than how I look, I hate the way I feel. Kind of scared that I will fail again. Maybe I will see if they have that program here in New Jersey. Thanks again. Have a great day
Old 03-03-2010, 08:47 AM   #7  
WonderWoman

morning all.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:47 AM   #8  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been around lately, the past 2 weeks have sucked. DH has a herniated disk, so he has been home for 2 weeks, and yesterday I got a frantic call from him that the dog was having some sort of attack. I rushed home and we got Dodger to the vet, but his heart gave out before they could get him stabilized. I am heartbroken.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:24 AM   #9  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Kim - oh no, I'm so sorry about Dodger...
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:46 AM   #10  
Arkantana

S/C/G: 169/151.6/130

Height: 5'7

Good morning all,

Kim I'm so sorry about Dodger. I know it's tough. About your husband's back, I'm not sure he could use one right away but man the inversion table I bought a month ago has helped my back so much. Just a few min a day and my lower back pain is pretty much gone. I just bought a cheap one $100 and it works great.

Ok so today is it...finally my last day at this stinkin job!!!! I made the decision a month ago that the stress and despair that goes with this job was not something I would waste my life on anymore. Life is short and we gotta do what makes us happy. I went back to school a few years ago to get my degree so I could really help people and what I found is that with most jobs in my field, your hands are tied when it comes to really doing some good. So, I'm outta here and on to my next adventure, although not really sure what it is yet, since there are many things I really would love to try. Besides there are so many opportunities to make a difference outside of work every day. Wish me luck ladies
Arkantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:30 PM   #11  
WonderWoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimphin View Post
Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been around lately, the past 2 weeks have sucked. DH has a herniated disk, so he has been home for 2 weeks, and yesterday I got a frantic call from him that the dog was having some sort of attack. I rushed home and we got Dodger to the vet, but his heart gave out before they could get him stabilized. I am heartbroken.
oh kim, i'm so sorry. big huge hugs to you.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:29 PM   #12  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Hey all

Diznee- the portions are correct. But be careful about the limits. Like- 1/2 bagel, 1/3 cup white rice,baked potato - 1/2 are all 1 starch...but should be limited to no more than 3 times a week.... etc

Kim- Sorry to hear about your dog,it is hard coping with loss of a pet...thatz the sad part about having a pet,we always get soo attached, sometimes we even forget they have a limited life span... hope your DH is up and running soon!

Arkantana- Good luck with whatever you so girl!

I am doing okay...1st week of stabilization- unlimited veggies. I still hope to lose a couple of pounds.When I was in weight loss phase I did light exercising 2-3 times a week. So now I hope that increasing level of exercise and amount of food would balance out.Next few weeks I decided to do something physically challenging...like 30-day-shred. i got the DVD and liked it...I'll start tomorrow.
If someone already gone through the whole loss-stability-maintain stages I would really like to get some tips and strategies...
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:09 PM   #13  
DCB
Dee, LAWL

S/C/G: 193/185/140

Height: 5'3'

Hi Everyone-

Swamped! I am packing for a temporary move to Chicago by month's end. The job market has been stagnate here in ATL for the last year...so I decided to move my cheese temporarily, cast a wide net and while I'm there take some professional courses at DePaul U. I grew up in Chicago so its familiar, and quite frankly I like the south and my home here..... hopefully the big snow blast for the midwest has passed. Fingers crossed.

As for the weightloss...I whined last week about the 1.5lb pendulum; finally I broke the spell. YEAH! I feel recharged and praying the lbs keep disappearing.

Diznee-Welcome! I like you was on LAWL; lost weight, gained the weight back (++ some) and now back on the beaten path. Aren't you happy you found this forum, I just joined two weeks ago and everyone has been so supportive.

Kim: So sorry to hear of your loss. You will never replace the love Dodger brought to your life but time and memories heal all things.

Arkantana- Good luck with your job endeavors. That's a tough decision but you sound so sure. When its time it's simply just that TIME.

Ok, gotta go make some calls.
DCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:09 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi all! Been really busy at work, and today is stressfull because my dad is having triple bipass surgery and I won't relax until I am sure he came through OK, which hopefully I will know here soon... It is a pretty routine thing until they are doing it to you or a loved one. My sister is down with him in Arizona, if I was closer I'm sure I would be sitting in a hospital now instead of trying to concentrate on work.

It is just one more thing that makes me want to be sure that I have the healthiest habits that I can manage to live with. We all want to avoid getting that kind of a surgery, and they say there are half a million a year done in the USA.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:11 AM   #15  

Hi MJ,

It has been so long that really I didn't remember all the little rules. If you don't mind, if you could fill me in on the "etc's" of the program I would really really appreciate it! I hope everyone doensn't mind me barging in on the group I just need some help getting started again. I am excited that I finished my take off and it seems that I am down 2.5 pounds Moving in the right direction. DCB - Thanks for the welcome and the words of encouragement. Off to get the kids on the bus. Have a great day everyone