South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 04:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default Wicked Wednesday

It's off to the bank and the store for me this morning! I have to get some fruits, plain yogurt and 1 percent milk. I slept later than I should have, considering that I went to sleep at 6:32pm and just got up 3 minutes ago. I don't know why I've been feeling sooooooo tired! I'm holding my own on the Beach and I'm grateful for all of you!
Old 03-03-2010, 05:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Okie! Thanks for getting us started. Hope today is NOT wicked! ALthough it is snowing a bunch out there, and I didn't expect that...

It's kinda odd not having a bunch of personals! Today is same ole, same ole for me...work, then tote the kids around for gymnastics (they both go, but their classes are staggered), and the DH is out for a bible study, so I have the kids tonight. BUT...two days down for work, and two to go until vacation!!

Have a wonderfully wicked wednesday!
Old 03-03-2010, 06:01 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning "Wicked" is a very popular adjective around here and we use it for all kinds of things, often paired with good, as in Wicked Good Pizza which was wicked evil

Okie - I think sometimes our bodies just need to catch-up on sleep.

Twynn - Sounds like a good day to have a few minutes of extra quiet time in the morning. Can't remember if you told us about your vacation plans?

Well the retreat wasn't too bad. I think personality typing is a lazy man's way to run a retreat and do team building but it did get the conversation going. I think choosing the color that best described your personality would have the same effect but as long as people were talking and laughing. The last half hour we really got down to the impending changes and communication and it was good. Now I hope that feeling of being on the same team holds. If there is no legislative intervention and our agency wraps up its work we really need to support each other and work together to keep our focus on doing our best for our clients more than ever.

I've got an appointment this morning than office work this afternoon. Should be a quiet day.

It looks like DD is going to Haiti in mid-April. She has decided to travel with Partners in Health instead of the smaller organization. They are all training together which has been a really good experience for her. I'm happy to know she will have a support network when she gets home. I'm not worried about her physically but think it will be emotionally draining for her. The private hospitals are giving their staffs paid time off to travel there but the state hospital staff, who are already paid less, need to use their vacation time. She is more annoyed for friends of hers who have children who want to go but need that time off. She is talking a lot about going every year and working with a couple of others to do fund raising and education and recruitment to help that happen. Some days I'm just in awe and am not sure how that obnoxious, demanding teen turned into this amazing human being

Have a good hump day Chicks
Old 03-03-2010, 06:04 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Okie and Twinn. I am hoping it's not too wicked today as I have stuff that needs doing. The meds for the bronchitis are working slowly and I could use more rest but I have two appointments this morning so....

No gym today because of coughing but I hope to take a wee stroll around the back garden. There are bare patches and the ground is thawing so I may see something peeking up. I shouldn't get my hopes up as we almost always have a big dump of snow in March. The guys have started to tap the maple trees though so spring IS coming.

Happy Hump Day!

ETA: at Cyndi. Good for your DD. I have nieces like that and claim it's genetic!
Old 03-03-2010, 06:10 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Okie, have fun at the bank and the store! I always dread going to the bank and I don't know why. Probably because their hours are so restrictive and I have to interrupt my day to go, when it would be more convenient to go in the late afternoon or evening. Well, that turned into a big rant.

Tammy, have fun being a taxi driver today!

Cyndi, I'm glad the retreat turned out to be OK. Great news about your daughter and her trip! I hope she is able to do everything she wants to do.

Ruth, I hope you see some fun in your garden. I need to really work on our little front garden but I don't know what to do.

I am in the middle of cleaning. I finished the kitchen and folded the laundry (which should have been folded and put away yesterday...) and now I need to dust and sweep and vacuum the first and second floors. I've got fifty minutes before Connor gets home from school so I think I'll just about make it. I also have to practice my music for the Lenten service, which is tonight. Eek! I was going to try to squeeze in a Wii workout but that may have to be put on hold.

My scale is stuck again. I have been noticing some huge changes in my body, though. I can make out some upper abs, which is amazing, and the bumpies on the side of my thighs are almost completely gone. I realized this morning I put too much stock in the scale, but I don't know how to adjust that mindset. I've been 100% perfectly on plan since Tom left (and was doing great before that, too), and I am very proud of myself for that.

We have NOTHING scheduled for this Saturday and I am REALLY looking forward to sleeping in!

Last edited by tomandkara; 03-03-2010 at 06:12 AM.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/136/125

Height: 4"11'

Morning,
I love the name of this post, it reminds me of the musical which I adored and own the soundtrack.
Hi Okie, hope the trip to the store is successful.

Twynn, I bet your kids love the gymnastics, I always wanted to do it as a child, it never happened. I can't even cartwheel properly...lol

Wow Cyndi, your daughter really sounds like quite a woman. I really respect what she is planning on doing.

Ruth, sorry about the cough, feel better. Glad it looks like spring around someone, I've yet to see it yet, but i keep checking!

Kara, congratulations on less bumpies. I know what you mean about needing a day to do nothing, i think that might be my sunday. Not sure yet.

I'm still in a sleeping rut. Talked to bf for way too long last night and didn't get to sleep til 12:30 or 1 and up at 6. I was afraid to step on the scale but made myself do it, and it is moving in a lovely downward direction! yay! So my motivation is up this morning. No afterschool today, maybe i'll come home and read, haven't done that in a while and i miss it. Have a great day all!
Old 03-03-2010, 06:44 AM   #7  
Be happy.

Good morning ladies!
"Wicked" often means "extreme" around my neck of the woods, and this is going to be one of those days for me. Meetings before and after school, a quick stop at the store after that and then back to town for youth group after supper. Nothing difficult or unpleasant, just busier than I like. lol It was so nice to walk/run outside in the warm sunshine yesterday but there will be no time to squeeze an outdoor walk in today. *sigh*

Kara, I'm sorry to read that you're scale is stuck again... I was thinking mine was stuck too, but then I realized that I'm just impatient. LOL

Good morning Ruth, I hope you'll be able to get a nap in this afternoon. It takes a while for the meds to do their stuff. Enjoy your walk - I hope you see a few signs of spring!

Cyndi, I'm glad the retreat went better than expected yesterday! I'm also hoping that the good attitudes continue back at the office. Enjoy your Wednesday!

Twynn, that vacation sure is getting close!

Hi Okie, your shopping list sounds yummy! Have you started dancing yet? I usually have more energy and sleep better when I'm exercising regularly. I hope you enjoy your day!

I wonder who else might have popped in while I've been typing? I'm running late and can't edit this morning, so please know I didn't "skip" you on purpose! Enjoy your Wednesday friends!
Old 03-03-2010, 06:52 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! It got off to a rather Wicked start for me, as I'd planned to get up early to start the laundry, and overslept instead. But the first laundry of laundry is in the washer, a pot of chili is simmering on the stove, and I took another bag of trash to the curb that Jake forgot to do last night. We're having trouble with our sump pump, too, so I had to play with that before I could finally sit down with you and my coffee. I hope the rest of the day is calmer! At least it ended up too warm for snow, so we're only getting light rain this morning.

Okie, I hope you can fit some time in for dancing between your errands today! I'm glad your sister is doing ok, and hope she continues to do well.

Twynn, corral that snow so it doesn't head further east. Be careful out on the roads, no slipping and sliding!

Cyndi, I'm glad your retreat wasn't too awful, and that some good actually came out of it. God bless your DD for going to Haiti to help out, and I hope she has a safe trip.

Ruth, I'm glad your meds are starting to work their magic, but make sure you don't overdo it today. We're seeing lots of bare patches around here, finally, and are supposed to have mild temps the rest of the week, so that should help accelerate the snow melt! I can't wait to get out and take a look around the yard to see what's poking up through the ground.

Kara, I'm glad all your dedication to working out is having great results! Have a great afternoon!

I'll probably end up staying late at Cindy's today, as she's away at a veterinarian conference. I'm going through the girls' clothes and starting to pack for their trip to Tasmania and Australia, but it looks like we're going to have to plan a shopping trip! Both girls have had growing spurts since last summer, and it will be late summer/early fall down under.

Well, this has taken me forever to write this post, so I'd better get going and finish my chores.

Good morning to everyone I've missed, and I hope you all have a Wicked Wednesday! (In the good way, of course!)
Old 03-03-2010, 07:00 AM   #9  

Cyndi, you are too young to be mother to an adult! How old is she? I'm not gonna weigh myself again till 3/15.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:03 AM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

Upstairs done! On to the first floor!

Lauren, so glad the scale moved for you today! Yay!

Heidi, I always know when it's stuck because it goes up a couple pounds and then down one and then up one and then down one and then up two more and then down a couple... Argh.

Linda, I bet it's fun to shop for little girl clothes on somebody else's budget! Good luck working late today!

Connor just came home with a SUPER SMILEY FACE! I am SO HAPPY! (A super smiley face is when his teacher draws extra stuff on a regular smile face - hair, teeth, hats, etc. - because he was extra good.) YAY CONNOR!
Old 03-03-2010, 07:03 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

FoodO - Maybe it is time to shift your hours to match the sun?

Twynn - Do you have exciting plans for vacation?

Cyndi - I had forgotten that use. I grew up outside Boston and used wicked a lot growing up. I'm glad your retreat ended finished well. DD sounds amazing... a credit to her mom

Ruth - Maybe it is time for a more thawed avatar? Glad the drugs are kicking in.

Kara - Awesome job. Or should I say "wicked good job." I think the body changes are more important, rationally, but also get caught up in the darn number.

MJ - I like the musical too and my mind went there first as well. Reading sounds good. Glad you are motivated and the scale is cooperating.

Heidi - Hope your day goes well and that tomorrow brings more sunshine with time for a walk.

Cottage - I didn't even know what a sump pump was until we built this house 18 years ago! We've since added a backup to ours. Tasmania and Australia! Lucky young ladies. I don't suppose they are taking you along.

I think I will exercise at home early in case my mom calls and I can't get to the gym. Gotta admit I miss my workout routine.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:43 AM   #12  

Congrats to Connor, Kara. I wish my little sister was more focused on school!
Old 03-03-2010, 08:17 AM   #13  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Good Morning, Everyone!

I just have a minute this morning. It was raining and snowing when I left work yesterday, so I skipped the gas pump. This morning, I have no choice but to stop. I'd hate to have to hitch-hike to work!

I have an office funny from yesterday.... Use your best back-woods, redneck imagination for the man in this conversation.

Me: This is Michelle, may I help you?
Man: DHR said you could help me. They said my daughter needs psychic therapy!
Me: <long pause> Please hold.

I couldn't even talk to him any more! We offer lots of services, but psychic therapy isn't one of them!
Old 03-03-2010, 08:21 AM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning! Where does the morning go!?!? Sigh....

Surprised Chris with a bag full of medicinal goodies last night (no, not THAT kind. ) Dayquil, Nyquil, Tylenol Cold Severe Congestion, strawberry Halls, Halls Vitamin C drops, and Vics Vapo Rub. I got a text at 4:12 this morning saying that the Nyquil worked for 6 hours on the dot, then he was up with a low-grade fever again. Dang. I do hope he took daytime stuff when he woke up at least....

Forced myself to eat breakfast this morning even though that Taco Bake stuffed me last night. After you cook it all, you forget all the mushrooms you put in it until they hit your stomach and your brain goes "I feel like I just ate 15 mushrooms! Wonder why....." Still a favorite dish of mine!

Well, I'd better go dry my hair. Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Lisa
Old 03-03-2010, 08:48 AM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

It looks to be a nice day here! I finally get to check in! Today is Kirks BD, so we got up together early to enjoy his favorite coffee, Kona. He's back enjoying some beauty rest so I tiptoed back upstairs with another . Then off to a busy day; I have one pumpkin left from the garden and a premade whole wheat crust so it looks like a BD Pumpkin Pie is in order; roast chix, cauliflower smashed potatoes, green beens and salad. Yum!

Okie, thanks for starting us up! You and I are on similar schedules, and I like mine alright. I think losing weight takes alot of energy from the body and you might just need a little extra rest sometimes.

Twynn, countdown!!!!

Cyndi, thanks for sharing DD's plans. I'm sure it will be emotional, but she will know in her heart that she has truely helped. Thanks for the reminder it's Wednesday.

Ruth, tapping the Maple trees sounds like spring to me! Keep getting better!

Kara, I was thinking of you yesterday....Kirk used to fish and would be gone most of the summer...nights were the hardest. Good news for Conner today!

Lauren, I hope you get your reading in! Congrats on the scale moving!

Heidi, sounds super busy! Glad to hear you got a walk in yesterday!

Linda, sorry on the oversleep, but it sounds like you're back on track. Have a great hump day and get home ASAP!

Karen, good idea working out early. I'm seeing some trees starting to green in Denver. I hope it's nice when you're here.

Chelby, funny story-perhaps a mispronounciation?? Kirk calls Alzheimers-oldhimers and it drives me nuts!

Lisa, have a great day! I always wonder where the morning goes, which is why I enjoy getting up early-OOPs it's almost 7-I'd better get my quiet time in.

On our yuck list today, is cleaning out our junk truck so it can be hauled away. I decided not to $$ license it again which means it has to go. PITA!

Have a great day everyone! See ya'll later!
Closed Thread