South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 04:21 AM   #1  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Default March Monday Chat

Good morning everyone! It's March already! How did that happen??? It's certainly coming in like a lion here, with winds blowing like crazy and things flying everywhere.

I beat my February goal by two pounds, which makes me very, very happy! Here's to more success in March!

We've got nothing big on the schedule today. The kids are all at school and will be home in a couple hours, so I am going to get the third floor cleaned now and then work on cleaning out the computer desk up there. I did not finish my February decluttering and I still have the whole third floor to do - computer desk and several bookshelves basically. Maybe I'll be finished by the end of March.

Tom is off to Korea for the next couple weeks, so it's just the kids and me holding down the fort. We're going to make our paper chain after they finish their homeschool, and hopefully he'll be on-line this afternoon so we can Skype.

What's going on in your neck of the woods today?

Last edited by tomandkara; 03-01-2010 at 06:11 AM.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:17 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi, Kara. Thanks for getting us started. I just peeked outside-looks like lambs here. Congrats! on surpassing your Feb goal.

I've got a busy day ahead. I've got to get the house organized for a 3am blast off tomorrow(over to the other house).We have dinner and a concert tonight so any thoughts of evening preparation are nix.

First things first, I'll head to the pool for yoga and of course, this AM will be the elusive paperwork. But #1 right now is my first cup of March coffee! Bing and I are heading outside-BBL.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:40 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning A little snow, a little rain and a lot of wind, typical March day around here. It doesn't know what it wants to do.

Kara- Wow, congratulations!

Debbie - Hope you and Bing are enjoying your outside time A concert sounds like fun.

It's a weird work week here. Today I'm in the office half day then WFH half day. I offered to make some food for the staff retreat and will use work time to do that. Then tomorrow is the dreaded retreat. I hope it can really help us prepare for the next 6 months because it will be very challenging.

Hope your Monday is starting quietly with no unpleasant surprises. Take a minute and grab a cup of coffee or tea and say hello before the work week takes over
Old 03-01-2010, 05:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/170/128

Height: 5'5

Yay for March! That's when it finally gets pleasant here in Kentucky.

I'm feeling very optimistic this month. I know I will be able to lose those last 7 pounds to reach my first mini goal!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!
Old 03-01-2010, 05:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Kara - congrats on the two pounds!! You've worked so hard for it, you definately deserve it!

Debbie - Good luck with the busy day. Your pool sounds fabulous...

Cyndi - At least you'll have good food at the retreat?

Me - I haven't looked outside yet. I am finally able to wake up without coughing, so off to the dreadmill. It's tough when you haven't done it in over a week!! I'm sure I'll appreciate it later though!

I made some fabulous black bean soup last night, and am looking forward to that at lunch today. This week is good for me....Friday is the first day of my vacation! WOOT WOOT! Not a very relaxing one though, since we're going to my parents, and that can be a *bit* stressful.

Have a great day!
Old 03-01-2010, 06:01 AM   #6  
Be happy.

Good morning! March is coming in like a lion here in Maine, too. There's snowy mix beating against my window. We're heading into school on time today though, so I'm thankful for that!

Kara, congratulations on exceeding your February goal!
February was a good month for me, too. I also exceeded my goal. But there's not time to rest on our laurels, gotta get to work on our March goals now.

How great it must be for you and the kids to be able to Skype with Tom when he's away. Back in the dark ages when Fergie was still active duty and our kids were young we didn't even have email. I don't always remember to pray for you and your family Kara, but I'll be more faithful about praying for you these next couple of weeks.

Another busy day for your Debbie, eh? How are you feeling today?

Ruth, I hope you slept well and are able to get right in to the doctor this morning.

Cyndi, I hope the retreat goes really well. I know you haven't exactly been looking forward to it...

I've got a long day today, with a meeting after school and a quick meeting at the church after that. At least I had a 4 day weekend to rest up for it all. Have a great Monday friends!

ETA: Hi Katybug and Twynn! Mmmmm, black bean soup. We haven't had that for a while, I should put that on the menu for this week.

Last edited by Heidi58; 03-01-2010 at 06:03 AM.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy first day of March! 19 days til Spring!

I have my extra large mug of latte beside me and am revving my engines for the work week. It's always especially hard to get back in the groove after having a few days off, but I'm eager to see my girlies again and hear all about their ski trip.

Kara, congratulations for exceeding your February goal! I hope the time flies until Tom gets back from Korea, but I hope you and the kids have some special things planned to go while he's away to keep you occupied.

Debbie, how are you feeling today? It sounds like you have an action-packed day ahead of you and hope it goes well. Enjoy the concert tonight!

Cyndi, I hope that retreat isn't as ominous as it sounds. What kind of foods are you taking? Here's to a good day!

Katybug, keep up those positive thoughts, and you WILL reach your goal!

Twynn, I'm glad your cough is better for your first day of vacation! I have 3 more weeks until my vacation. Black bean sounds good, I think I'll work that into my menu for the week. Have a good workout on the dreadmill!

It's still too dark to see what's happening outside, but I think it's supposed to be a dry day, and I can hear the wind a'blowing. I just hope it's a tame month, leading us into a pleasant Spring.

ETA -

Good morning, Heidi! Your weather sounds awful, and I hope it's not too bad getting to work. Drive carefully!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 03-01-2010 at 06:10 AM.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:17 AM   #8  
Visualizing the Goal

Debbie, I bet you find the traffic very easy when you travel in the middle of the night! We used to do that for long trips when the kids were teeny. It made driving easier when we didn't have to worry about them getting bored. Now that they're all old enough to watch movies and play Leapsters, they keep themselves occupied.

Cyndi, what a fabulous idea, volunteering to make food for the retreat! What are you planning?

Katy, good luck with those seven pounds! They'll be gone in no time flat!

Tammy, I'm glad you're feeling better. I hope the treadmill isn't grumpy at you for not being around.

Heidi, thanks for the prayers. I have thought several times about how lucky we are that we have the modern communication options. I don't know how my grandparents survived during WWII. That would have been ridiculously hard!

Linda, have fun with the girls today! I bet they'll be all tuckered out after their trip!
Old 03-01-2010, 06:20 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8"

Hi all! I'm happy to welcome March. February is always a kind of neither here nor there month for me. March will be great because we have a vacation to Florida, but also because I'm DETERMINED to make firmly into the 150s.

Kara, I admire military families who have to be separated at times. It must be difficult. But how exciting when they come home! I'll be thinking of you. And congrats on the weight loss, that is amazing!

Debbie, Cyndi, Heidi, Katybug, Cottage - good morning!

Twynn, I made some black bean and pumpkin soup last week. I used fat free half and half and it was really ok. I had never used it before (didn't even know it existed quite frankly) but it was good. I added quinoa and chick peas to the leftovers and made a sort of a stew. It was a Rachel Ray recipe.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 03-01-2010, 06:21 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Dragging a bit this morning. Back later.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:45 AM   #11  
Visualizing the Goal

Mmckellen, do you have a link to the Rachel Ray recipe? We have soup suppers during Lent at church, so I'm always looking for new ideas.

Ruth, I'm sending you some of our beautiful sunshine. But not the wind.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:50 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Back...but going back to bed...not sick but not feeling well. Thanks for asking Heidi and Linda.

Ruth, sounds like you're still under the weather, too. Sending wishes for getting better soon!

Cyndi, Twynn is right-at least the food will be good. I think the retreat will be very tense. I hope your day is w/o bumps.

Katybug, keep truckin'!

Twynn, glad to hear you're finally feeling better!

Heidi, another long day, at least a snow day hasn't been added to the end.

Linda, thanks for the Spring update! Can't wait!

Kara, night travel is the best in the winter. Can't change the weather, but we eliminate all the clog ups.

Mmc, your March goals and vacation sound great!
Old 03-01-2010, 06:55 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Back. Coffee - with caffeine - certainly perks me up. You Chicks are pretty perky for a Monday.

Tara, I must investigate Skype. It would be so nice to keep in touch with my family on the West Coast.

Debbie, give that darling Bingo a skritch behind the ears for me. What were the vet results or did I miss that?

CyndiM, I hope the retreat has some light moments and you get a few things straightened out. When I worked for the feds, we did them frequently and they helped. Of course we were spending taxpayer money so had to put out.

Katy, good work in February! I'd love to be in KY about now.

Twynn, thanks for the reminder. I have the ingredients for black bean soup and will make some later today.

Running out of steam so Hi to Heidi, Mmck, Cottage and anybody else who snuck in.

I am waiting patiently for the doctor's office to open so I can try for an appointment. This cough is getting me down. Yes, I am skipping gym this morning but will try to get to my quilting biddies meeting as I have two quilt tops to turn in. An afternoon nap is on the schedule.

Happy Saint David's Day! Take a leek to dinner.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:01 AM   #14  
Visualizing the Goal

Ruth, I procrastinated and procrastinated before I downloaded Skype, but it was so easy and is very user friendly. I hope you have as good an experience as we do!
Old 03-01-2010, 07:05 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow, that was actually a REALLY good run on the treadmill this morning! I guess the time off was good for me!
Closed Thread