Old 02-28-2010, 03:03 AM   #1  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Default The World Wants Me to Lose Weight....[plus more]

The other day, I was coming home from work. I have been planning to eat healthy but I haven't yet. So I decided to go splurge for breakfast. I go a different way home and pass a cop. The cop pulls out and starts to follow me. He pulls me over. Evidently, I wasn't supposed to get fast food that day. I went home and had some greek yogurt instead.

The next evening, I wanted to order pizza. I ordered it online and after I ordered it, I realized I chose carryout. My phone phobia forbids me to call them in person to change it to delivery. Therefore I made dinner that evening. I think it's a sign guys that I shouldn't eat unhealthy.

Other than that, I've been feeling like a failure. Until the other day. I thought I only had one before picture until now. Someone was looking through my facebook and showed me some of the tagged pictures. Most of those are pictures in my senior year when I was an FCCLA state officer. I thought I was one of those "fat people who look good." No. Not at all. And it's funny cause one of those pictures are right beside one of my skinniest pictures. It's night and day. I wish I had seen that before I gave up a few years ago. I just felt like I was getting no where.

I got engaged on V-day. He got me a ring but just brought the sample size. The only ring sizes I knew of were inaccurate because of the weight loss. I was about a 9 or so. I tried it on and it fit pretty well. Today we went to get it sized just to know for sure. Evidently, I have no knuckles and the jeweler wanted to put me in a size 6 1/2. O.O

I still feel like I disappointed myself. I gained 40 of that 80 pounds back from having a desk job for 9 months. With my current job, I am at an activity level that will let me eat like a cow and maintain 240-250 with ease. I've been experimenting with eating healthy the last few days and I'm just STARVING. I walk about 10,000-16,000 steps at work a night. I was trying to eat some applesauce, healthy chili, one serving of broccoli (those 50 calorie small packs that come in four pack), frozen yogurt, fiber one throughout my breaks. I haven't been tracking per say. I'm trying to find something that won't make me hungry after 20 minutes. I'm thinking maybe healthy sandwiches with lettuce and spinach on it might be more filling.

I think right now I'm going to focus on cleaning my house and not eating out as much. I'm a horrid house cleaner and my place is a disaster. It's easier to exercise and make dinner when it's all clean. And cleaning burns calories right?
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 03:51 AM   #2  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Sounds like you need an all around pick me up and an attitude of "I can do this and I will!"

Because you so can.

I'd recommend throwing in raw fruits and veggies to beef up that menu of yours. They take up space and are amazing for every aspect of your body! Not to mention (fruit esp) being easily portable to jobs and whatnot.

Good luck and don't despair.... just do!

Last edited by starfishkitty; 02-28-2010 at 03:51 AM.
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:12 PM   #3  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Hey there you posted! That is awesome! Keep putting one foot in front of the other! Every minute is a new minute!
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:24 PM   #4  
GoWear Fit All-Star

S/C/G: 280/266.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Everybody gets in a funk. All that matters is that you recognize it and now you are trying to make changes and get out of it. Thats all you can do! Keep thinking positively and keep all those visual aids handy to see how far you have come already!

Good luck!
mulder1921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:07 PM   #5  
Hooping my Life Away

How do you find motivation though? I mean, when I first started I was so gung ho and that helped me reject the cookies at work and all that. Now, I'm like meh. I mean, I'd like to lose the weight and all that good stuff but it's not like I'm at my lowest point like I was when I first started. I'm not where I want to be but I'm not at my heaviest.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:19 PM   #6  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

In another forum, someone (Meg) wrote "we're all maintainers from the first pound we lose". I never really thought about it that way, but it's very true.

So, you might not be motivated to lose; but are you motivated to not gain? Do you want to feel tired, have your joints ache, put away the clothes that you worked so hard to fit in to?

If you don't want to lose right now, don't - but don't lose sight of the need to maintain what you've already lost so you don't have to start from that same high point. Perhaps that will be enough to provide the motivation you need.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:27 PM   #7  
Hooping my Life Away

Quote:
put away the clothes that you worked so hard to fit in to?
I've already had to do that with the nicer clothes I had (they are also springy which factored in the putting up thing too). I tell myself I don't want to get there, it'd be easier at work/my knees/arches in my feet would feel better/my body would feel better but nothing is giving me that drive to go exercise or try to meal plan.

Quote:
In another forum, someone (Meg) wrote "we're all maintainers from the first pound we lose". I never really thought about it that way, but it's very true.
I like the way she put it. O.O I mean I have maintained at least 40 pound lost for 2+ years. O.O
Old 02-28-2010, 02:41 PM   #8  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

Maintaining a 40+ lb loss for 2 years...that's an amazing achievement, you know.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:38 PM   #9  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

it sounds like you have a plan. fruit is a good snack to stave off the starving feeling for me. if I can't wait to eat, I'll have an apple. I eat baby carrots and V8 too, and try to space them out over the day. you might be thirsty too, sometimes thirst manifests itself as hunger, the two get mixed up. I try to keep hydrated as much as possible and that helps. also, your body may feel hungrier until it gets used to a lower calorie level (that's what happens to me at least).

as for gaining back some of the weight, look at it as a learning experience, how do you want to handle things the next time. I get on the scale even when I know the number will be painful to me, that way I can catch it before it's too big a gain.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:59 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

Agree that maintaining 40 lbs of loss for over 2 years really is a great! So you are definitely ahead of the game, and hopefully, you can take pride and inspiration from that. And since the Universe was sending you a message, consider that a jump start too!

In terms of what you're eating, I think you can find some middle ground between "eating like a cow" and feeling hungry all the time. Try 2 or 3 servings of broccoli instead of just one. Eat apples instead of applesauce. Whole foods tend to be more filling and really, even if you go over your calories, you aren't going to gain weight from eating too much broccoli! lol!
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:18 AM   #11  
Hooping my Life Away

Quote:
Agree that maintaining 40 lbs of loss for over 2 years really is a great! So you are definitely ahead of the game, and hopefully, you can take pride and inspiration from that. And since the Universe was sending you a message, consider that a jump start too!
I am thinking about that more and more. I'm going to start owning up to it. No one knows that I did or didn't chose to just maintain.

I got more healthy food today and need to finish cleaning the kitchen/living room so I can cook and exercise
Old 03-01-2010, 09:36 AM   #12  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I have a phone phobia too. Totally illogical, but I refuse to order a pizza. DH went out of town for a month, so no pizza for us. And of course it's not just pizza...I really don't like to call anyone.

I agree with others that you are to be commended for losing and maintaining a 40 lb loss. The rest of the weight is not part of the factor. You need to focus on where you are and where you want to be.

I love the advice that motivation is fickle, so don't rely on it. You just have work your plan, regardless. I'm so set on my plan right now that it doesn't take any motivation to eat right. It just is what it is. Sometimes I need motivation to work out, but then I just pull myself up and do it. I find it easier to schedule work outs in. For me that's early mornings.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:42 AM   #13  
Hooping my Life Away

I'm thinking about joining WW again for just a few months. I think going to the meetings for a few weeks will help me regain motivation and give me that "this is it feeling."

I just took my measurements and I gained a few inches in my hips/thighs since last month. Everything else stayed the same.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:49 AM   #14  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I've only heard good things about WW. You may find your motivation there.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:52 AM   #15  
Hooping my Life Away

I've been a member before. I just had to quit because it was too expensive. But at least it would give me accountability in the beginning.