Old 02-27-2010, 08:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 221/201/160

Default Packet Recipes

Does anyone have tricks or recipes to make the packets taste better? I am having a hard time choking down a few of the packets, and was hoping someone could share their secrets with me
Sherninalys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 191/IP185/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Default IP Packets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherninalys View Post
Does anyone have tricks or recipes to make the packets taste better? I am having a hard time choking down a few of the packets, and was hoping someone could share their secrets with me
Try the IP recipes sticky at the top of this section.

Personally, I've been adding sauteed veggies and garlic to the soups and also adding a little more water than they call for. I add cumin, garlic powder, and onion powder to the veggie chili. I also add sauteed mushrooms, garlic, spinach, and green pepper and lots of cholula (hot sauce) to the omelet in the morning - tastes great and makes you drink a lot of water. I've also heard of some folks adding cinnamon to the vanilla pudding and instant coffee to the chocolate pudding - haven't tried this yet.

What packets have you been using?
ckanable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:16 PM   #3  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherninalys View Post
You don't have to eat anything that makes you choke. I gave up on the soups after the first week.

I rely on the drinks, shakes and puddings. My special "treats" are the bars and soy nuts. Once in a while I'll have a chili or hearty stew if I want something warm and hearty.

One of my favorite things to have for lunch is steamed cabbage with an IP pink lemonade drink.
Lilita175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:17 PM   #4  

I know it's hard to believe right now, but your tastes will change and you're going to find that something you really don't like right now is going to grow on you as time goes by. I'm not sure if you're just so happy to eat that you'll have anything or if you just get used to them!

The omelet is easy to add veggies to (I like the omelet for lunch if I'm home and able to cook because it's filling). If you saute spinach, zucchini (especially good shredded), and mushrooms and fill the omelet it's surprisingly good. I stocked up on different flavors of Mrs. Dash and they are really helpful in making things more palatable.

I didn't like the soups at all but once I started adding to them, they're not that bad. The Green Giant frozen veggies (the steam in the bag type) are just about 2 cups each and super easy. While they are microwaving I start mixing the soup and heating it up, when the veggies are done I just dump them right into the pot and cook through. I usually add Mrs. Dash or some other seasonings - lots of pepper. Not bad.

I add Walden Farms chocolate syrup to the puddings and choc. shakes for a richer, more chocolatey taste. If vanilla, try pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon and maybe 1/2 a splenda packet. I'm not a coffee drinker so sometimes I use a little bit of skim milk in the shakes or hot chocolate since I'm not using it during the day.

The puddings are the best, in my opinion. I sometimes mix extra water and drink them like a thick shake. It's okay to eat pudding all the time if that's what you like.

Hope some of this helps! Keep going.
ksb001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 221/201/160

Thanks for the idea gals - I'm hanging in there, but the recipe section seems to be all regular foods.

I did find this (through my doctor) though:
1 pkt Crystal Light To Go Lemonade
1 pkt IP Raspberry Jelly

Mix the Jelly and 4 oz of warm water (stir in a bowl so it doesn't explode). Stir in Crystal Light until dissolved. Then add 28 ounces of water and ice (I use a 32 ounce shaker & add the mixture and fill the rest of the way up with water and ice) - keep shaking till all mixed. I really love this mix!
Sherninalys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

I just received an email will a whole bunch of packet recipes from my remote coach. Here are a couple that look good.

Crock-pot Meal
For all Stages of the Ideal Diet Protocol

Equivalent to 3 Ideal Protein foods

· 3 Ideal Protein soups (Chicken and/or Leek and/or Asparagus)

· 30 oz of low-fat broth (chicken, beef or vegetable)

· 2-3 cups of your choice of hearty vegetables cut up in 1-inch chunks (zucchini, leeks, garlic, green beans, celery, asparagus tips, mushrooms, turnip)

· 16 oz of lean meats or poultry, cut up in 1-inch chunks

· Fresh or powdered garlic, to taste

· Sea salt

· Ground pepper

· Your choice of spice(s) and herbs (oregano, thyme, basil, rosemary, sage, hot peppers, etc.)

Pour 30 oz of your choice of low fat broth in a blender. Add the contents of all three Ideal Protein soups of your choice. Blend until smooth. Pour into a Crock-pot. Add your choice of meat and vegetables. Spice up as you please. Simmer over low heat for 4-6 hours until the meat is so tender it falls apart at the touch of your fork.

Great for leftovers or to share with your entire family.

Chinese Broccoli Soup
For All Stages of the Ideal Diet Protocol

Equivalent to 1 Ideal Protein food. Yield: 4 portions

· 1 Ideal Leek Soup

· 4 cups of water

· chicken or vegetable broth cube or powder, to taste

· 1 head of Chinese broccoli

· Fresh ground pepper

· Fresh chopped chives

Boil water in a pot. Add salt. Blanch broccoli, bottoms down, in boiling water for one or two minute(s) only, for maximum taste and color (and greater enzyme goodness). Drain and immerse in ice cold water to preserve the bright green color. In a blender, pour 2 cups of cold water, the contents of one (1) Ideal Leek Soup packet and the broccoli. Blend for one whole minute till smooth. Dissolve bouillon powder or cube in 2 cups of boiling water and add to broccoli soup. Serve hot or cold or as an aspic. Garnish with fresh ground pepper and chopped chives. Enjoy!
babs181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:41 PM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

Thank you so much for sharing these recipes! I have been totally ready for something different!
jollymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:17 PM   #8  

I don't see the sticky to see all of the IP recipes. Am I missing them?
ThanksbetoGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:51 PM   #9  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

This should take you to that thread:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...n-packets.html
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 02:31 PM   #10  

S/C/G: too much/lighter/just right

I think the longer you are on this plan the more you will whittle down your food choices to the things you like best. I no longer eat any of the soups or puddings. I have a short list I alternate between. Lucky for me I don't get bored very easily with food. My coach allows me to buy individual packets of everything so I can try stuff without wasting $$
curliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 02:40 PM   #11  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanksbetoGod View Post
I don't see the sticky to see all of the IP recipes. Am I missing them?
Hi - look in the recipe thread also. If you search for a post I did, there is a low carb recipe booklet that includes a centralized location of many of the recipes you will find in that thread as well as on pinterest, etc. This booklet works for IP packets or for alternates. I started making recipes with IP packets and now I am using alternatives so I can speak from experience, it doesn't matter whether you have IP packets or are using alternatives, you'll find recipes in there for all meals of the day. I really find making recipes and tinkering with recipes to be a very enjoyable part of this journey.
Frawniemae triggered me to upload my latest learnings so I am going to update that booklet tomorrow with what I have accumulated since my last update to it.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 12:58 AM   #12  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

I Googled the flavor of the packet and recipes. I found one that I just tried for the tomato soup to make a "bread" out of it. Then I made a sandwich from diced cucumbers, shallots, cilantro, and celery. I'll probably leave out the celery next time, but I love to experiment!
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote