Old 02-27-2010, 10:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5 ft tall

Talking new bikes!!!

hubby has a lot of back knee and feet issues and has been told he needs excercise so a friend of ours surprized us by buying new bikes...

we broke them in on the bike trails at our park yesterday 3 MILES OMG I made it I was so happy when I saw the back of our blazer at the end of the trail I can't believe how out of shape I felt through that whole ride... hadn't been on a bike since my teens but it's easier on his body than walking would be.... it was sooooo much fun though and our little one just jabbered away and had a blast in the kid trailer behind hubbys bike I can't wait to do it again ... it sooo needs to warm up....

my bottom hurts though from the bike seat I need one of the wide ones i think anyone know if my bottom will ever get used to it lol

3 miles WOOOHOOO so happy
MidwestMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:25 AM   #2  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

hey! that's wonderful! I've been wanting to get into bike riding, they recently opened a new bike store near my gym. I stare inside longingly, ha! what a good friend!

yeah!!! re warming up! we had a gigantic snow dump yesterday, I was walking up the street to the subway through snow drifts up to my knees (!!!). What weather, I feel like I've been transported to Siberia. I really can't wait for spring!!
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:09 AM   #3  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Wow this is something I want to do! I want to get a tandem bike for dh and I! I think it would be a blast! I remember as an older kid how my hind end would hurt in spring when we first started riding bikes again...holy cow...after all these years I am going to need numbing spray!
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:04 PM   #4  

cathy -- It really did make me feel like a kid again exspecially after the ugly grays we get during the winter was nice to get out... cabin fever GO AWAY YAY.. hubby says they make a seat for wide bottom gals... ((he said it lovingly though)) and he'd pick me one up maybe that will help

dragon -- we got a couple of really nice schwinns from the local walmart ... O i wish we had had a decent snow this year all we got was muck really maybe one day of 3 inches that melted promtply ... was icky and no fun...
Old 02-27-2010, 01:27 PM   #5  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

That sounds like SO MUCH FUN!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:04 PM   #6  

so got the new wider bottom bikeseat it doesn't have a horn that goes beween your legs at all ... I have to sit up straighter but I could bike forever with it ... no more sore bottom I LOVE IT