South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 03:43 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Farewell to February Weekend Beach Chat

Happy Weekending Everyone

I haven't decided if I'm going to bed or getting up, but I am drinking coffee so I thought I'd say Hi. For all our Olympic followers it will be a busy one leading up to closing ceremonies on Sunday....and we'll have a Full Moon(snow moon), as well.

Me all I can think of is Spring, and we've still got a ways to go here. that it will be here soon, and that my daydreams become reality. I think part of my restlessness is due to my wanting to be exercising outside again. No snow here this weekend and my bike trail has melted....I may just brave the elements and try riding my bike today...so on that note, I'll try for a cat nap.

What's on everyones' agenda this Final weekend in February? Stop and chat before heading out

Ruth, did that flower really pop up in your yard??
Old 02-27-2010, 06:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hey Debbie! Lovely title! I've been asleep for 6hrs, usually it's 8 for me! I'm gonna go to Church tommorrow. Unfortunately, I haven't been since Lent started. I'm eager for Fall 2010, actually, lol. I know I'll be at least closer to my goal weight by then.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:51 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I'm with you, Lex. When I was leaving the gym yesterday morning, I told the other girls that "I think we need to declare Monday the official "cute skirt and flip flops day" " they all laughed and groaned....we are just sick of winter and it looks like more "wintery mix" for this weekend and next week. March in Louisiana should be shorts time!!!

I'm ready for something new, so I ordered Zumba dvd's. Anyone else find it effective? Looks like a lot of fun anyway..

No plans for the weekend...yucky weather so it's clean the house and wii. I am finally finished all my Language Arts powerpoints...took me one year to do them..so my weekends are more free for fun.

Last edited by femmecreole; 02-27-2010 at 06:51 AM.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:06 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Debbie, that isn't the actual snowdrop but they really are blooming beside my door. There were more yesterday. It snowed overnight and they are covered now but they'll be back.

The meeting and dinner party were a great success and the food was perfect. The three boys had a pizza and watched the Olympics. Most of us joined them after dinner so that small back room was pretty crowded. I ran a load in the dishwasher last night and have a few more things to do this morning and then I can relax.

This weekend I hope to get my seed order sent off and am very tempted by some plants in some of the catalogues. I need to wait though to see how my new flower bed out front survived this weird winter.

Time to crank up the day.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Wow, I slept in until 6:30 this morning! I don't know why I feel guilty, though, but I feel like a good part of the day is gone already.

I'm so, so, so ready for winter to be over and Spring to get here! There's talk of yet another storm for Tuesday night into Wednesday. Pray for us!!!!!!!

So, on a bright note , yesterday was rough. I was bored, and means I had the munchies all day. I managed to stay completely OP, though, but just barely. That was the first rough day I've had since Jan. 1, and I hope it doesn't happen again. At least I know I'm strong enough to weather through it.

I think we're running out for breakfast and a few errands, mainly to get out of the house for a while. Caitlyn and I are syncing (sp?) our Wii's over the internet this afternoon, so we can compete against each other. That will be fun! My son and his family are all sick with the stomach flu, so we won't be seeing them this weekend. I'm quarantining them until they're all better again!

Farewell to February!
Old 02-27-2010, 07:19 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning from the snowy Northeast It just can't decide what it wants to do - rain then snow but snow so wet you get soaked walking a few feet Yuck!

Debbie - I'm with you wanting spring. I hope you can make it out for a bike ride today. Enjoy your nap

Okie - Hey Girl, don't put your life on hold until you reach goal! It's nice that you are so enthusiastic about this and it shows in your success. Get out there and enjoy yourself now

Good morning Cat My Dad keeps pointing out the similarity in temps between here and NO recently I've been curious about Zumba too. I look forward to reading your review. Hope you enjoy a relaxing weekend. Might as well make the best of it

Not sure what's on tap for us this weekend but I'm sure it will all be around the house. The usual weekend list needs to get done, of course. There's a basketball game I'm excited about tonight. More experimenting with the mock coffeecake recipe Nothing too exciting. I need a weekend to process everything going on so will take some time for myself along the way.

Tomorrow DW and I are going out to dinner to celebrate our first date anniversary Since it was 11 years before we could get married we've always celebrated that one and probably always will. What I remember about that day is how warm and sunny it was. Certainly not like this year!

For now I think I'll pour another cup of coffee and make my list

ETA - I knew I wasn't the only one up and writing

Ruth - Sounds like a very successful and fun evening. I just got the annual Gardener's Supply survey that includes free shipping so time to look over the supplies I am really looking forward to hearing about your new bed.

Cottage - Wow, great job staying on plan yesterday! Those days are tough for me too. I didn't know about the syncing, sounds like fun Enjoy your day.

Last edited by CyndiM; 02-27-2010 at 07:24 AM.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, I'm going to make the mock coffee cake later today, using your idea of peaches and blueberries. Any special hints or suggestions?

Cat, my SIL does Zumba, and loves it. She wanted me to join the class with her, but she lives 35 minutes away, so it wouldn't work for me. Have fun!
Old 02-27-2010, 07:49 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Cottage - I pureed some of the peaches into the mix in place of applesauce. I also used the maple agave. It was very moist and very tasty. If I can find some cranberries I'm trying those today, maybe with a little orange extract and nutmeg. I've got most of my treat loving office requesting one for the dreaded staff retreat Tuesday so get to spend the weekend experimenting and tasting, of course Quality control is very important.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:52 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Happy weekend and end of another month.

Debbie - I admit I have not had a chance to see any Olympic broadcast; only catching highlights on the news or online now and then. I'd like to get outside in some sun and warmth! No cold rides for me.

FoodO - Eager for Fall already!?

Cat - I have never done Zumba. But they have it at my gym and the people in class look like they are having fun.

Ruth - Glad your party went well. Are you a veggie gardener too or just flowers?

Cottage - Good job staying OP! I struggle with eating when I am bored. I had no idea you could do Wii with others remotely!

Cyndi - I wonder if you are watching the same bball as my DH. Happy anniversary.

Mexia - Good morning.

My mom's husband was moved to a short-term psychiatric hospital last night; it was a long, draining evening. She is not going to try to visit him until he gets his official psychiatrist on Monday so will have some time to refresh this weekend, as will I. And we both need it. I have to get a gift for the original hospital staff for her but then plan to actually grocery shop for myself and try some food dehydrating. And have some down time. It has been a crazy week.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:54 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Karen take good care of you this weekend. You've more than earned a little down time and relaxation.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:07 AM   #11  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Saturday!

Debbie, If I'm up on the computer at 2:30 a.m... tell me to go to bed! I hope you get a nice nap today.

Okie, I hope you have a nice morning in Church. You go on Saturday?

Cat, I heard Zumba is great fun, but can be stressful to your lower back. Lots of hip work.

Ruth, What a beautiful flower in the snow!

Cottage, Did you have fun on the Wii step?

Cyndi, Happy Anniversary! Will you go do something fun? This year will be 10 years for us. We'll have to plan something even more special than a trip to Sam's.

Mexia, Get to work!

Me: Going bra shopping with MIL today. sigh.... Wish me luck. I'm hoping for industrial and pretty, but those never go together. Pretty bras for big girls only work if your boobies are fake and stand up on their own. Not mine! Isn't everyone glad to be talking about boobies this early in the morning???

We've been invited to my BIL/SILs home for dinner tonight, but her post on Facebook last night said someone has the stomach bug. I'll investigate that before my healthy family goes over there.

Auston just got out of bed. Snuggle time! Hope your Saturday is perfect!
Old 02-27-2010, 08:20 AM   #12  
Working on healthy

Chel - once you are sure about the size try Bare Necessities. I bought my bras there back in the 42G days and always found bras I really liked. I was never an underwire fan and they had a nice assortment of supportive wire free bras. Now I'd be sad without an underwire but that's the dark side if weight loss
Old 02-27-2010, 08:32 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning all my chickies!

Lexiss - thanks for starting us off! I'm not as antsy to get outside as last year, probably because I'm using the treadmill more. I am looking forward to it though!

Okie - I'm starting to enjoy church more myself, although not necessarily at lent

Cat- I think cute skirt and flip flops sounds fabulous. Not here today though!

Ruth - LOVE the avatar. Congrats on the dinner party!

Cottage - the syncing idea sounds fun! (I slept til 7:30!!!)

Cyndi - happy anniversary! Have a great date night!

Karen - I'm so sorry you and you're family are going thru this. You are such a wonderful person to be there for your mom so much. I hope you get just a little break this weekend.

Mexia- hello!

CHelby - you crack me up! I have the opposite problem...I often can't find bras small enough!!

Me- Hoping for a great weekend! It's STILL snowing here, I think it started on Thursday night. It is pretty though! It's a lazy morning. I guess I'll clean today...then date night tonight!! I think we're going out to dinner, and then to a brewery that has a band playing. I don't drink beer, but he does, so he'll be a VERY happy man.

Have a great one!
Old 02-27-2010, 08:45 AM   #14  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Karen, I hope you have some fun and rest this weekend.

Cyndi, I'll try that website.

Twynn, Big boobs are WAY overrated! BTW, Can I buy something to keep Sparkit the 150 pound Wonder Dog out of my flower bed? He's decided that's the best place to nap and I'll have to shoot him come spring! (jk)
Old 02-27-2010, 08:45 AM   #15  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Compared to things you ladies have planned I've got an embarrassingly relaxing day planned! lol Thanks to the 2 unplanned days at home my house is clean and the laundry is done (my usual Saturday chores). It's still snowing like crazy but it's a wet heavy snow, so snowshoeing wouldn't be much fun today. I've got a good book to read though, and a recipe I want to test out and of course my ever faithful wii.

Happy Anniversary Cyndi & Julie!
Chelby, I'm envying your 'snuggle time' with Auston! I miss those days.
Karen, I'm so glad to read that you and your mom are going to have a little down time this weekend. Still praying here.
Cottage - how fun that you're going to play long distance wii games with Caitlyn! My daughter keeps telling me we should do that, too - but so far we've just talked about it. I know I sure like having my mom's mii toss me hula hoops and jog past me when I'm using wii fit plus.
Ruth, I'm glad to read that things went so well last night! I need to start planning our garden, too. I haven't dared think about it too much - I hate to rush winter away too soon.
Hey Cat You've finished all the powerpoints? Hooray for you! You've been working on them since before I joined 3FC, I wondered if it was one of those "never ending tasks". lol Congratulations and enjoy your weekend!
Debbie, my mom's got 3 bird seed bags saved for me - your bags inspired me. Remember I'm still waiting to see a pic of yours. If you get out there today - enjoy your bike ride. Brrrrr!
Okie, have you got any special plans for the summer? I can't wait to be comfortable going for a walk or bike ride without a jacket, getting fresh veggies from my garden and kayaking and hiking with my DH. Not to mention having all that time off.
But even though I love summer, Autumn is my favorite time of the year, too. I think it's got something to do with 'new school year', 'fresh start' and all that. I plan my life school year to school year rather than Jan - Dec. lol And I love the crisp air and beautiful foliage.
Closed Thread