South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-26-2010, 01:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 203/180.5/150

Default Can I Join You?

Hi Ladies!

My name is Morgan and I'm just about to start out on the SB diet. Tomorrow will be my first day on Phase 1. I'm very excited to give this a try. I lost about 35 pounds this time last year doing Weight Watchers and was really excited about my progress. But in the fall, I was pregnant and lost the baby, so the pregnancy weight and depression eating got the best of me and I've gained some back. I've decided to give this a try because I think it's a realistic option for me. When I was pregnant with my youngest son, I developed gestational diabetes and followed a diabetic diet and I actually lost weight while pregnant, so I know this works! I don't really like bread, rice, fruit, etc., so giving that up is really no biggie for me. The 2 things that have gotten the best of me are fast food and regular soda, so I'm hopeful that cutting those out along with this way of eating, I'll have great results!

About me...I'll be 29 in a few weeks and I'm married with 2 boys, 5 & 2. I own my own company and work from home, so it's pretty easy for me to cook my meals and stick to a routine. I'm a Jazzercise member, although I haven't been in several months since my miscarriage. I'm not sure if I want to go back or if I want to join a gym with my family. I really want to get moving though, so I think I may at least do some workout videos at home in the meantime. I can't wait till it gets warm here too...I live in NC and we have beautiful Springs and I love to take walks with the kids outside, so that'll be nice.

Anyway, I've loved reading the boards so far, I've gotten some great tips, some great recipes, have done all my shopping and I'm ready to go! I look forward to getting to know you all and having some support in this leg of my journey!
carolinagirl2398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:17 PM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hi Morgan and welcome! I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage. That is sad.
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:25 PM   #3  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome Morgan. So sorry for your loss. I think you're gonna love SB! Make sure you read the book. It's a very healthy way to eat and there's so many great recipes and useful tips here.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Morgan.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/159

Height: 5'7"

Morgan!
1oftheLuvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 48/45/20

Height: 5'2"

Hi Morgan! I'm fairly new here too, I've been a lurker for quite a while though. Today is day 6 for me on phase 1. I had a bit of a slip yesterday, which makes it a little harder today since I'm having some cravings now, but other than that it's going well and I'm down a few lbs already! Anyway, so sorry about your loss. We lost our 3rd baby a few years back and I totally understand that depression! Hope all goes well with you getting back to exercising & the diet. Good luck!
jennygirl531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to The Beach, Morgan! We're happy to have you joining us here, and I've ordered up a Cabana Boy, just for you. You sound like you're all prepared and ready to go, and I hope you've read the book to have a broader understanding of what this plan is all about. Please join us in our Daily thread, and we usually have a Phase 1 thread running for anyone currently on Phase 1.

I am very saddened to hear of your miscarriage, but I hope you are doing well.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:03 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome home, Morgan. We had a beach Towel and a cabana boy all ready for you! Come on in - the water's fine!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:23 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Welcome Morgan! I'm sorry for your loss. I have been through it as well and had the same experience with weight gain. I hope you are doing well now. I know it's hard. Anyway, you sound well prepared for SB! I know you will do great!
Kslosingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:39 PM   #10  
South Beach P2

S/C/G: 168/160/120

Height: 5'2

Hi Morgan,

I'm sure you'll love South Beach. Phase 1 is somewhat restrictive, but so worth it to reprogram yourself to a healthy way of eating. It's sounds like you're planning well in advance of starting. That's great because advance planning will set you up for success. I agree with others that if you haven't read the book to get a copy and read it. Welcome to the Beach, but hands off of my cabana boy! LOL
Releve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:41 PM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Morgan

Welcome to the beach. I'm sorry for your loss. I gained the majority of my weight in the years following my miscarriage. I'm so glad to hear you're committed to renewing a healthy lifesyle as you move through your loss.

Best wishes!!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:52 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Welcome Morgan! You'll love the Beach!
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:51 AM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morgan! Sorry to hear of your miscarriage.
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote