General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 07:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/188/135

Height: 5'3

Default SCREAMING for help on the Ideal Protein Diet

Hi there. I'm on day 6 of the ideal protein diet. My main problem: I HATE VEGATABLES. It says that you must eat 2 cups of selected vegetables for lunch and dinner every day. I only like green peppers, red cabbage, and tomatoes (which are restricted to 2xs per week).

Is this a deal breaker? Other than that I love the diet. Is there an alternative source for the 2 cupes of veggies? My weight coach suggested that I puree the veggies and drink them. I almost puked just thinking about that.

someone please help
Old 01-30-2010, 08:47 PM   #2  
it's always something

I don't know which vegetables are allowed on that plan, but you might browse our forum for the Veggie Challenged for tips that will hopefully get you thru this diet, but also help you become and stay healthy later

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/veggie-challenged-176/
Old 01-30-2010, 10:14 PM   #3  
Empress/Queen

I just happened to see this and am not on the Ideal Protein Diet and know nothing about it but just to mention that I generally dislike veggies (except for Brussels sprouts and spinach) but like them blended into smoothies and soups. I sometimes add fruit to the smoothies but often just use different veggies, usually frozen (organic, preferably). There are many recipes that can be found for veggie smoothies and blended soups. It sounds like it might not be good but it actually is refreshing and tasty.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:42 PM   #4  

Do you like salad? I chop my lettuce small and add 2 cups of assorted vegetable like celery, red cabbage, radishes, zuchinni, green onions and some red pepper for color. Chop the vegetables really small. I hope this helps because this diet seems to be working for me.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 306/296/195

Height: 5'10"

Red face Here's what I'm doing...

I'm not a veggie eater, either, and the ones I like most are NOT on the list... I also usually have to have cheese on broccoli and cauliflower... but found the Walden Farm Alfredo sauce is REALLY good. I also cheat a bit, and eat beans more than 2x a week, because otherwise, I wouldn't eat veggies. so far I've lost 10 pounds and 10 inches.... so hope that helps. I can also tolerate lettuce, I order a large chef salad no cheese or tomato and have them put the "small" order amount of toppings. Hope this helps!
Old 02-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #6  

Default RE: dont like veggies.....

I feel yer pain...I just asked my coach today about that and told her the only thing I like is dill pickles...she says she has another client who only eats dill pickles as their veggie....I like dill pickles so that will work for now :0)
Old 02-02-2010, 04:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 206/194/140

Height: 5'7

Have you ever tried Superfood from Odwalla. It's packed with different veggies. Don't be afraid of the green color it REALLY does taste good. Plus if you do hate it it's easier to suck down a drink than to force feed yourself steamed veggies.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:09 PM   #8  

Default Not a deal breaker

I would go ahead and add veges you like. No root veges though.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:17 AM   #9  

Height: 4' 10"

Do you like V-8? I tend to drink a few of my servings this way.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:56 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 282/245/150

Height: 5ft5in

I do like veggies because when I found out what they do for the body I tried to make them taste better with spices like oregano,garlic,etc.

My problem is sweets. That's my downfall and my weight is up there in the 280's. What is this diet all about because I do love food and proteins like fish,lamb,steak,chicken,turkey is wonderful food for me so very interested what this doiet is about and if this might help me.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:30 PM   #11  

Kind of same deal for me....my coach said I can do 2 cups of dill pickels each time if I wanted....but thats a lot of sodium so i try to do some of the other stuff i dont like as much....if you get cauliflower and use the walden farms ranch , it's pretty tasty.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:46 PM   #12  

I found a wonderful way to get the veggies in. Take any veg. fresh or frozen(I like to use frozen spinach) blend in blender with water ,add ice 1
packet of any pudding and a little more water and blend. You wont even taste the veggies.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:59 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 301/Ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

I chop up mushrooms, celery and onions (sometimes zucchini) and keep them in containers in the fridge. Each morning, I quickly sautee them with a good helping of sea salt & some seasonings in a lightly oiled non-stick pan (so they brown a bit but are still kind of crunch - and I'm careful not to carmelize the onions).

Next, I mix up a packet of either Cream of Chicken or Leek soup (reconstituted with ff chicken broth to improve flavor), and combine the soup and veggies in a Ziplock container - to microwave at work. The veggies soak up the flavor of the soup, and add a nice stew-like heartiness to the meal. I sometimes toss in an ounce or two of diced chicken if I have some leftovers around.

It's super good. I've been on Ideal Protein for just over 5 weeks, and I eat this about 5 days a week. I'm consistenly averaging 3lbs a week of weight loss, so I'm on track according to my coach.

I snack on dill pickles & count them toward my total for the day. And my coach gave me clearance to occasionally sub 1 serving of veggies with 1 serving of "Greens First," a multi-veggie drink mix that tastes - well, not bad!
So far so good. I felt nauseous when I thought of trying to force in all the veggies req'd in the program, but this has worked well for me.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:35 AM   #14  

Great way to get those veggies in! I like the stew idea. Keep up the good work!
Old 12-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #15  

try and season them with salt pepper and lemon! veggies aren't that bad, if u know they're good for u just suck it up and do it. wish you well!
Closed Thread