Old 02-25-2010, 09:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 182.8/163.2/155

Height: 5'8"

Default Cola Chicken/Turkey Recipe

This recipe came from a closed thread but I wanted to reopen this topic because I tried this recipe last night and it was SOOOO GOOOOOD!!! I tweaked it just a little...

My Weight Watcher's leader gave us this delicious chicken recipe. I made it for my family tonight and they all loved it.

4 skinless boneless chicken breasts (I used a 20.8 oz package of Shady Brook Farm 97% extra lean ground white turkey)
1 c. ketchup
1 - 12oz can diet cola
1/4 c chopped onions
1/2 c chopped mushrooms

Saute onions and mushrooms in a non-stick fry pan. Place chicken or ground turkey in pan and brown. Pour ketchup and diet cola over it. Bring to boil and cover. Reduce heat. Cook 15 min. if using ground turkey or 45 minutes if using boneless chicken breasts. Uncover and turn up heat until sauce thickens.

4 servings for 4 points per serving

Just add veggies and/or brown rice and you have a great meal!
mattraces5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 258/starting over again/148

Height: 5'7"

i was actually looking for something to make tonight...im going to try this
amandapaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:08 AM   #3  
Marina

S/C/G: 317/286/190

Height: 5'9

Thank you for posting this! I have been looking for new recipes:-)
ThickAZChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I make several variations of the ketchup/diet soda recipe. I've made it on the stovetop, in the oven, and in the crockpot. I also adjust the soda based on how thick I want the sauce. For pulled pork, I use about twice as much soda as ketchup.

I almost always add onion, and sometimes diced celery, bell pepper, or even eggplant.

for an oriental orange chicken I use diet orange soday instead of diet cola. And I add a tablespoon or two of no sugar added jam (pineapple, orange, or even grape). and add a tablespoon of soy sauce. I've also used teriyaki sauce instead of some of the ketchup (it's too salty for me, if I use more than half teriyaki - but hubby loved it). I'll add a little vinegar if I want "sweet and sour" without the vinegar for more of an orange chicken, I add chopped garlic and omit the vinegar.

I've used cherry cola instead of cola for pork barbecue (with onions and bell pepper, and I added diced jalapenos - awesome).

I've heard of folks using diet rootbeer (with pork), but I don't think I'ld like that.

I've also never tried ginger ale, but I think that would be good for oriental style.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 01:18 PM   #5  

Thanks, I'm going to give this a try
MichelleD29 is offline   Reply With Quote