Old 02-25-2010, 07:36 AM   #1  

Default What type of exercise are you doing?

Hello

I just started Slim In 6, 2 days ago. IMO it is a great workout DVD. Looking at the routine, it doesn't seem hard, but it worked my butt! LOL I also go to the gym every night (6 - 7 days a week), 1 hour on cardio day, and 30 mins of cardio on strength day.

What type of exercise do you do? If you are using a workout tape/dvd, what is it and how do you like it?

Thanks, and heres to us reaching our goal!!
JackiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 290.5/281.5/175

Height: 5'8"

Right now I am just using my stationary bike 5 times a week. When I get down to about 260-240 I'll probably start doing more.

I have Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred. I like it. I really works your butt too. She incorporates weights in with cardio. Very similar to a boot camp I took last summer that I loved. I'll probably start doing that at 260.
gr82bmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:26 AM   #3  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I'm kinda boring, I just walk a lot and I do these "resistance bands" videos that I downloaded off of u-tube and burned to a DVD ~ I really like them! it was great for when I was 300+ lbs. because it's low impact and you can do it sitting down til you get your stamina built up and increase difficulty as you go along. And my back/shoulders feels wicked strong now!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:42 AM   #4  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I have a lot of variety

I regularly do free weights and run 3-4 miles a day...other than that I have my elliptical, lots of dvd's (my current fav are the turbo jam ones), and wii games with the most challenging being Just Dance right now Everything I do, I like!

I'm like a big kid though....yesterday I bought a few hula hoops and had a blast trying to do it with my kids
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:08 AM   #5  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

I figured out that I get bored pretty easy, so I'm building up a cache of stuff -- Jillian's 30 DS is great, but I find it really intense. I just tried a Lesley Sansone walking DVD yesterday and I loved it. It's walking-based but not just walking and it totally gets your heart rate up.

Have also bought Valerie Bertenelli's new DVD and plan to incorporate some pilates. And I have a recumbent bike at home, as well.

I just remember being so bored before that I was dreading it and now, I figure, 40 minutes or more four days a week would be great, doing whatever.
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:10 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 445/232/210

Height: 5'8

Right now, I'm just walking. It's 3/4 of a mile to my bus stop in the morning and 1.2 miles to walk back from my school. I'm trying to get motivated and go back to my Debra Mazda/Leslie Sansone dvds.
dumplingtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:24 AM   #7  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

I do Zumba at the the gym at least 3x per week, strength training (also at the gym) 2x per week, Wii Fit for min. 30 minutes on the other days, and take the stairs a lot at work. I've recently noticed how much more cardiovascular fitness I have than 20 lbs ago.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm another Zumba chronic. I go as often as I can, this week it'll be 2x. When I don't do my Zumba class, I have an elliptical and a treadmill. Love them both, though I'm new to the elliptical. I really dislike exercise DVDs and never do them. I like listening to my OWN music and not having someone talk at me.

Edit: I also x-country ski and/or snowshoe on weekends with my family.

Last edited by ChrissyBean; 02-26-2010 at 01:58 PM.
ChrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:48 AM   #9  

Height: 5'5"

I go to the Y about four times a week. 1/2 hr on treadmill, all the weight machines, and then swim for at least 30 minutes. Yesterday I took a Zumba class and will probably keep doing that as well cause it was a blast.

I can see good muscles in my arms and thighs already so that's exciting. As far as "real life" goes, going upstairs is effortless now and I can easily lift things that were hard before. Can't wait to get more fat off to make the muscles more visible.

Edited to add: also found Bollywood dancing on the exercise channel, that is really fun!

Last edited by PaulaM; 02-25-2010 at 11:49 AM.
PaulaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:49 PM   #10  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

30 day shred 6 days a week
Cardio and strength training five days a week.

Sometimes I walk the mall with my husband and daughter to incorporate my workout with family time.

I work out twice a day most days and will rest or do something light on Sunday. If I workout on Sunday a take another rest day.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:04 PM   #11  

It is very interesting to see everyones routine. Thanks! Congrats to all of you on your weight loss! You are doing a great job!

I will have to get Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred. Our fitness center offers a lot of classes, I just can't get myself to partake in any, at the moment. My main reason is, I am shy, until I get use to someone/something.
JackiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:07 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

I go to the Y 5x week. Am on W5D1 of C25K, lift every other day, swim on the off days, and work with a personal trainer once a week.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:08 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 265/TickTickBoom/ST-220

Height: 5'6

I get some good cardio in on the treadmill, not running, but fast pace walking with a huge incline for 30 minutes at least 4x a week (wish I could do more but schedule just doesn't allow it). Feels great and makes me turn all red.

Also, free weight strength-training using what I learned in H.S. while on the water polo team.
Gourmet Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:57 PM   #14  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I do tons of different things. My main focus right now is becoming a runner, so I'm on the treadmill for 60 min. 4-5 times a week. I also go to zumba class (the gym is going to offer it 3 times/week instead of 2 starting next week, woohoo). I have been doing the smart girls do dumb bells routine for a couple months. I recently started edging my way into the weight room. I'm going to get a session with a personal trainer to make sure I'm doing it right before I get to far into it though, don't want to hurt myself. I bike, elliptical, walk outside, do DVDs - mostly Jillian stuff (I love the cardio kickbox one and 30 day shred), do various wii things, dance like a crazy person in my house, or just march in place or do shadow boxing in front of a movie or while on the phone or something. I have challenged myself to 1,000 miles in 2010 (walking, running, biking, and ellipticalling) as well as 10,000 crunches. I'm also doing the 100 push-ups challenge and the 200 sit-ups challenge. I'm currently averaging about 85 min. of exercise a day (averaging in my off or sorta off days). I'm a crazy person, yep, that's me.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:05 PM   #15  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

I either walk outside or do a Leslie Sansone WATP dvd almost every day. So far it is working for me
I just bought three of the biggest loser workouts but I have not tried them yet. I sometimes ride my bike with the kids once and awhile...not too often though, it hurts my butt! lol
gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote