Old 02-24-2010, 11:53 PM   #1  

Default 28 APs a week? WHOA!!

this week has been rough, so i thought it might be interesting to see what my "maintenance" daily points allowance is. (it's 27 by the way)

but one of the things i read as i was flipping through the maintenance sections on the WW site was "if you're not already earning 28 activity POINTSŪ values per week, make that the first goal you work towards during maintenance."

DANG y'all! that's a lot! granted, some weeks i may hit that or get close, but i just can't make it to the gym everyday! and when i do go to the gym i probably work up about 5 APs.

anyway, just wanted to see if anyone manages this! and in general -- how many APs people earn weekly.
partypantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:10 AM   #2  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

What do you have to do exsactly to earn these activity points?
mescelestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

I earn 4-6 AP when I exercise and I exercise 6 times a week, so I earn 24-36 AP a week (usually closer to 30).

I take classes at the gym that earn me 6 points for an hour-- spin, boot camp, and hip hop. When I don't do classes, I do the elliptical or the treadmill for approx. 45 minutes.

I have been maintaining my weight loss for about 2 years, and I get 23 points a day while maintaining. It works for me!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 203/165

Height: 5'8

is it good to us the activity points if you are doing the flex plan with the 35 points that you get? I am trying to sort through all this again. Hope you can help.
jwillits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

You use your 35 points first and then dip into the AP if you need them. I never eat all of my 35 points, so I never dip into the AP. However, if I exercise strenuously, I always make sure I eat at least a few extra of my 35 points that day (particularly protein like cheese or yogurt). Each person is different so you'll have to experiment and see if eating your AP points works for you or not.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/170/145

Height: 5'4"

I am finding out that exercise is the key to making weight watchers work. It seems to be alot easier to make the points work out when you exercise 5-6 times a week. When I don't I feel guilty if I go into my 35 points but if I have a good week exercising I don't mind using some of the points. So far (2 months) I haven't used the activity points but I am sure I will in the future.
jackie58 is offline   Reply With Quote