Old 02-23-2010, 01:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: (HW 247) 241/215/199

Height: 5'- 4 1/2"

Question I know it's silly, but I'm scared!

My next mini-goal is to get into a regular size 16 with no struggle. I only have one regular size 16 piece of clothing in my whole closet, a pair of blue jean shorts from about 10 years ago which means there isn't a stitch of lycra in them at all!

For some reason, I just keep putting it off and putting off. I'm so afraid, what if they don't fit. I'm afraid I'll get discouraged and quit like I've done so many times before.

I keep telling myself, I'll try them at my next weigh in. But I still haven't tried them on. I took them off the hanger the other day and held them up to myself, but that's as far as I've gotten.

I stumbled upon an old journal, from about 6 years ago when I lost about 15 pounds and I wrote in there, "the shorts fit!!" And I was 10 pounds heavier at that time than I am now.

Am I the only one who has these weird fears?

I am really trying to make myself put them on today. I've been telling myself over and over, "if they don't fit, it's ok - just keep going and they will!"

All my 18w's are falling off me. I looked like a hobo Sunday in my baggy dress. I've got to get past this fear.
susieyarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:26 PM   #2  

Ok! I guess I just had to "say it outloud" to get past it!

Here I sit in the shorts!!! The went up just fine and I didn't even have to suck in to button them! I have a bit of a high muffin top - boy they're high waisted. And 100% cotton sure isn't near as snuggly as having that little degree of stretch that is added to everything I've been wearing for the past many years! But I'm wearing them (and it's about to snow outside in Texas LOL)!

I went ahead and tried on a few other smaller pieces that I still have in my closet and they all fit or were too big too! I have a pretty dress I wore on our 10th anniversary cruise 5 years ago and it's too big 16W.

The only other small things I have in my closet is my size 10 dress I wore to my wedding shower and a size medium peasant top I wore on hubby's and my first date 15 years ago! It's overwhelming to think I'm going to have to buy a completely new wardrobe. Fun, but overwhelming!
Old 02-23-2010, 05:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 315/284/onederland

Height: 5'6"

Having to buy a new SMALLER wardrobe and feeling a little overwhelmed by it...that's a good problem to have! Yay for you!
Blairsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 05:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/183/155

Height: 5'7"

I'm in the same boat! Last weekend, I packed up all my 18W pants and my XL shirts to give to Goodwill - it was such a great feeling. I am also in 16s right now but more of a 14! Its crazy - I literally haven't been this in shape for yeeeeaaaaars. The cool thing is that it is not just the size, I am actually IN SHAPE.

Congrats on getting in those shorts - awesome!
lights76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 05:57 PM   #5  

lights76 - How exciting to be a 185 it must be! I can't WAIT to be there too. It's hard to fathom being there again, I haven't been that small in 15 years! It's going to be so fun to shop. I already see and feel so much improvement in my fitness, I can't wait to be your size, I bet it feels awesome!

Thanks for joining in my excitement! This weight loss thing is a bit of emotional rollercoaster and I'm so glad to have 3FC for support!
Old 02-23-2010, 08:11 PM   #6  
GoWear Fit All-Star

S/C/G: 280/266.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations on facing your fear and getting past it with flying colors!!!
mulder1921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:29 PM   #7  

I went back into my closet this morning and went through my pants/skirts rack. I took off all the 18's and 20's mostly W's. I have exactly 3 items on that rack now! I kept my one pair of 18W jeans that I can slide right off, but I don't have anything else to wear right now! I've got to go take a look at the Goodwill or the Jr. League thrift store to see if they've got any 16 jeans.

I've got a big pile to give away now, though! I'm getting it out of there this time! I'm not hanging on to a stitch of undergrown clothes. Well, except for one pair of size 20 capris that I wore till there are little holes between the thighs. I want to keep them to remember where I came from.

I'm excited because from here on out, the changes are going to be soooo noticeable to me! I talked to hubby last night and said, "you know, I'm going to have to buy a whole new wardrobe, right?" I think he's excited too.