Old 02-23-2010, 10:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5 ft tall

Default Trying to get back on track

so I've been doing really well since my last few doctor's visits pretty much made me really irritated their scale weighed me really heavy... I've cut out soda... and I've increased my water but I still can't cut down the sugar in my tea... I think I'm a sugar addict anyone else have this problem... artificial sweetners always taste bad to me....

been working out every day but I guess I'm just a little disheartened

Suggestions welcome...

I'm thinking I may just have to go cold turkey no tea just water to break this
MidwestMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:17 PM   #2  
eratosthanes

S/C/G: 297/273/170

Height: 5'5"

I understand about the tea! I started by cutting out 1/4 cup every two weeks, and now we only use 1/2 cup for the whole gallon! I refuse to go lower than that, but have actually avoided making the tea at all in the last couple of weeks because I would rather not drink my calories. I am having enough of them as it is, lol.
eratosthanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:41 PM   #3  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

I don't like the taste of artificial sweetners either. Agave nectar (sp?)
is sweet and doesn't have any funny taste. Maybe give that a try? I bought it at the health food store. Beware! A little goes a long long way!
And the bonus is it's low glycemic so it doesnt spike your blood sugar
gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:37 AM   #4  

Have you tried stevia? you can find it in liquid form and it's great. It is also now being packaged commercially as Truvia. It's a natural sweetner from the stevia plant and the only one I will use.
ShylahEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:58 AM   #5  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

I too am a sugar addict. I for one absolutely can not eat less sweets or "cut back" as some others can do successfully. For me to be successful at weight loss I had to totally eliminate problematic foods, (sugar) from my life. When I give in, I have a terrible time regaining control. I guess you could always cut out all the sugar and see if it makes a difference. If it doesn't than add it back in.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:01 AM   #6  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I am another sugar addict. Sugar gives me terrible cravings. It was hard to get off sugar but once I did, the cravings stopped.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:24 AM   #7  

ok going to try to just stick to water for now and only have alittle sugar in my morning coffee... which is a must for me... I know i can do this but sugar is a demon...

thanks for all the help I think I might look into those other options you ladies mentioned
Old 02-24-2010, 06:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

I used to drink gallons of coffee extra light with 1/2 & 1/2 and no sugar. In my opinion, that was much worst than the double espresso with half a tsp of sugar I have now every morning. At first I really missed the cream, but I got used to it and now I don't miss it at all....enough about my coffee, now back to your sugar....I think it all depends on how much sugar you are getting in that tea. You could try gradually using less, or if that doesn't work stop drinking tea, or switch to herbal teas, which tend to taste better without it.
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:00 PM   #9  

about 2/3 cup in a 2quart pitcher but I use much much less in my spearmint tea imight go that route