This Chicken Marsala recipe is a simple, but delicious one. This recipe serves 2
• 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
• 1 Tbsp flour, spread on a plate
• 1 tsp olive oil
• 4 scallions chopped
• 1/2 pound of mushrooms
• 1 cup seedless green grapes (sliced in half)
• 1/4 cup Marsala wine
• 1/4 cup chicken broth
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• Chopped parsley, for garnish – salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil in large saute pan over medium-high heat.
2. When the oil is hot, coat both sides of the chicken breasts in flour, shake off excess flour and place carefully in the saute pan.
3. Saute chicken, turning once, until lightly browned on both sides, taking care to not let it burn.
4. Transfer the chicken to a plate and reserve.
5. Drain all but a little bit of the oil and add the mushrooms, scallions, and grapes.
6. Saute the mushroom mixture until mushrooms begin to release their juices (they look as if they are just beginning to wilt).
7. Add the Marsala wine and salt and pepper, using a wooden spoon, scrape loose all of the brown residue on the bottom and sides of the pan.
8. Add the chicken broth, salt and pepper (to taste).
9. Cook until the liquid is reduced by half, approximately 5 minutes.
10. Place the chicken breasts back in the pan and cook until heated through.
11. Transfer the chicken breasts to warm serving plates, pour the sauce in the pan over the chicken and serve with noodles or rice.
12. Garnish with the chopped parsley.
Nutrition Information (Without noodles or rice):
Calories – 396
Fat – 5 g
Carbs – 54 g
Protein – 26 g