South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 03:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default Think-Tank Tuesday!

Welcome girls and boys! It's a great day! I'm going to the bank today and food shopping for fruits. I also plan to get a radio while I'm out. I'm gonna weigh myself later on today and change my ticker (HOPEFULLY)! Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Old 02-23-2010, 05:22 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Okie, weigh first thing in the morning. That's when we are at our lowest. It'll be nice to see the ticker change.

The back is easing off a bit but I sure couldn't do my full routine at the gym yesterday. Today is an "at home" day and I may work in a wee nap since I woke way too early. Naps are difficult with two dogs who love to be on the bed with me. Jazz is a real party boy and thinks it's playtime.

We have wet and sticky snow today and probably for the rest of the week so it's a good day to stay home.

Have a good day and don't strain your brain too much with thinking!
Old 02-23-2010, 05:45 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning In a fog this morning. We are expecting part of this week's crazy snow. I'm so glad I didn't try to get to my parents this week! I'm going in for a half day more or less today then planning to WFH tomorrow. Last storm I had my tense drive home for the year and I'm not making that mistake again (Until next year when I forget!).

Okie - I think we are all as excited about your weigh in as you

Ruth - Glad to hear the back is letting up a little. Were you able to find a new chair? Happy napping

Cottage - Is Cindy still going to try the drive tomorrow?

Now I need to drink more coffee and wake up How is your day shaping up?

Last edited by CyndiM; 02-23-2010 at 05:45 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Okie, I hope you see what you want on the scale today!

Ruth, enjoy your "at home" day, and nurse your back. Did you look at any new desk chairs yesterday? I hope you're feeling better soon!

It's drizzling here, but not cold enough to freeze on the roads. I'm doing some baking at Cindy's this morning, and it will be a good day for it. I think I'll light a fire in fireplace in the kitchen while I'm working to make it all nice and cozy. I'm not going to Vermont with them, so I'm looking forward to a nice, long weekend.

Here's a latte for you, Cyndi! Yes, Cindy and the girls are driving up tomorrow, and Richard is going to fly his plane up on Thursday, so I won't have to go along. I think we're finally going to dodge this next snow.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 02-23-2010 at 05:49 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:47 AM   #5  

I gotta get a new scale Ruth or else I would weigh in the morning. I can fit into a 2x comfortably! I'm wearing a size 2x in men's pants! Not too long before I get into an X. I am sooooooooo proud of myself for committing myself to a healthier lifestyle. Once I started, it wasn't too hard! Have a great day Ruth and other chickies!
Old 02-23-2010, 05:58 AM   #6  
Be happy.

Good morning friends!

Okie, I'll be keeping an eye on your ticker!

Ruth, I'm glad you're going to take it easy today and give your back a little rest. I hope the dogs will cooperate so you can get a nice nap in!

Cyndi, how much snow is headed your way? I was shocked this morning to hear that they're predicting 8 - 12 inches for us. (Happy - but shocked. lol That's a big jump from the 4" they were predicting yesterday.)

Good morning Linda - you made Cindy's kitchen sound very cozy. As much as I enjoy my classroom I'm sitting here thinking, "Oooh, I wish I was baking in front of a fireplace this morning!". Enjoy your morning!

Rain/freezing rain predicted for us this afternoon. I've got my class so I'm hoping the higher ups will do a blanket "All after school activities canceled" announcement. It's so hard to figure out whether or not to cancel otherwise. Some use the group for recertification credits so every missed session has to be made up, but some have quite a drive home afterward and we run til 6 pm. (My real problem is that I always like EVERYONE to be happy. lol And I don't think that's going to happen this afternoon. )

Enjoy your day!

Oh, a new scale Okie? I hope you find one you really like!

Last edited by Heidi58; 02-23-2010 at 05:59 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:08 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Heidi- They're saying 4-8 today and 4-8 tomorrow so could be a lot. I'm not thrilled with snow when it's this warm because it will be heavy. Guess we were due though I was hoping for an early spring Saw some bulb buds yesterday, boy are they going to be surprised!
I hope they make the smart call for you this afternoon. Safe travel

Cottage - I'm sorry you won't make it to Vermont but this might have been a tough week to meet you anywhere. Enjoy those days off Oh, and thanks for the latte. I've really been enjoying those lately

I'm going to skip my morning workout and leave early to hit the grocery store. It will be crazy busy by mid-morning and I'd like to avoid that. Sadly I need coffee so I absolutely must go!
Old 02-23-2010, 06:13 AM   #8  

Thanks Heidi! The scale I currently use has been giving me crazy readings! First, I'm 309, then a second later I'm at 300!
Old 02-23-2010, 06:22 AM   #9  

Good Morning Everyone! I really overslept today so I'm just popping in to say Happy Tuesday!!!
Old 02-23-2010, 06:23 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 173/136/125

Height: 4"11'

Morning all ,
Okie, good luck with the weigh in, that's one crazy scale. I have a WW one that is usually pretty accurate.
Ruth, glad your back is feeling a little better. Yay for mid day naps, I could sure use one of those somedays, I usually sneak them in on weekends.
Cyndi, hope you fair ok in the snow today.
Cottage, baking sounds great. What are you making?
Heidi, hope you have a good day at school. It takes a TON of snow to cancel anything in NYC. We had one day this year, that's the most we'll get. I've been there 8 years and we've had 3 days in that time period, crazy.

As for me, I had a great double workout yesterday. Gonna do cardio and then an hour long yoga class tonight that I adore and look forward to ALLLL week. I had a delicious night of sleep last night, I'm starting to think i'm not getting enough of that to help my weight loss....thoughts?
Old 02-23-2010, 06:35 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! THanks for the coffee....a latte will be next .

I gotta get the day going, so no personals for now. This cold is still all up in my head, and I was a bit wiped yesterday, so no exercise yet. I want to feel great by the weekend!!

Nothing exciting today....work a long one. Hopefully it will be busy so that it goes by quickly. Bring lots of healthy foods (I finally discovered the fresh pea pods in the veggie region...OMG...so worth the extra money...) for good snacks. I eat more when I'm bored!

Have a great one!
Old 02-23-2010, 06:36 AM   #12  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! I just got back from the best yoga and pilates class! I have never done pilates before, but it was fantastic. I really enjoyed the class. We have a really busy day today so it was the perfect break in the middle! Avery finished her phonics and Kadyn has done her grammar, phonics, math, and violin already before school and she told me she wants to do more math when she gets home. Who am I to argue with that?! Connor also finished his math before school! Such a productive household today! Connor still has to do his violin practice when he gets home, and make sure he did his homework properly, and then we're off to Cub Scouts for Connor and ballet for the girls. Tom will pick up Connor from Cub Scouts and take him to martial arts and if the girls get out of ballet on time, I'll drop them off with Tom and then go to step class. I also have *my* first ballet class this evening and I'm really excited about it! I got the third floor dusted, swept, and vacuumed this morning. That's usually Monday's chore, but I was at MOPS yesterday so it didn't get done. I've got the last of three loads of laundry in the dryer and then I'll fold that before the kids get back from school. I also cleaned the downstairs bathroom, entry, and shoe room today. I won't have time to declutter anything today, but at least I got the regular chores done. We're having leftover "beef" casserole with mock cornbread for lunch, so I just have to make a salad to go with that.

And the exciting news...I definitely saw 138 on the scale this morning, which means I made my February goal!!! Two months in a row! Now, granted, my goal was only two pounds, but I did it. It took 13 days to lose that second pound, so it looks like two pounds is a good monthly goal for me.

Okie, good luck with your weigh in! I wonder if your scale just needs new batteries?

Ruth, I'm sorry your back isn't at full form yet. Sounds like you need a massage!

Cyndi, enjoy the snow and be careful!

Linda, what a wonderful idea to have a fireplace in the kitchen! I think I might need to see pictures of Cindy's house! We want to eventually build a house and we've been collecting ideas from all the different places we've lived.

Heidi, I hope everything works out with the extracurriculars. Be safe driving!

Lisa, happy Tuesday to you, too!

Lauren, if lack of sleep can impede weight loss, that might be my problem, too. Enjoy your classes tonight!

Tammy, hope you feel better fast!

Last edited by tomandkara; 02-23-2010 at 06:37 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:36 AM   #13  
Be happy.

Thanks Lauren.
I live in rural Maine and the sports teams in this part of the state travel an hour+ to get to most of their meets/games. After school activities are canceled if there's any question about buses being safe on the roads.

My daughter grew up here with lots of snow days every winter, and went to college on Long Island (Webb Institute). Every now and then she'd be tired or stressed and mention needing a "good old snow day". She never got one though.

Twynne!

Hooray Kara! February isn't even over yet!

Last edited by Heidi58; 02-23-2010 at 06:38 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:59 AM   #14  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Okie - Why do you weigh yourself later in the day? Is it after you finally go to bed? Just saw the answer.

Ruth - My dog made it hard for me to nap too

Cyndi - Glad you won't be driving.

Cottage -Oh that does sound cozy, fire and oven going.

Heidi - I am sure you have talked about it before, but what is the class?

Litar - Good morning.

Lauren - Your workouts sound great. DH and I started yoga in January and I look forward to those final 10 minutes of relaxation

Twynn- I hope you feel better soon. My Costco carries fresh sugar snow peas that are good to snack on.

Kara - Busy! I like pilates and started up again last month. (Mine is not the same day as yoga). I used to love step class! I thought it was a great cardio workout and I had to concentrate on the routine so it kept my mind busy too. I had to give it up 7 years ago since all the high impact stuff did a number on my feet. Ballet too - that will go great with your pilates. Woo hoo on meeting your goal

Today we need to get cracking on relocating our office for the basement work on Thursday. Ugh
Old 02-23-2010, 08:15 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, my post yesterday was lost.

Okie - Got my fingers crossed for you.

Ruth - Hope your back heals quickly.

Cyndi - I think your plan is for the best.

Cottage -Have a good day today.

Heidi - Hopefully they will cancel due to the freezing rain.

Litar - Good morning.

Lauren - Doesn't your body feel good after exercising mine is all relaxed afterwards.

Twynn- I hope you feel better soon.

Kara - I love pilates. Have fun at Ballet class tonight.

Karen- Hope you get everything relocated quickly.

As for me today is day 6 of Phase 1 and my eating is so in control again, I feel so much better. I am going to do the full two weeks though just to make sure all the cravings are gone.

Have a great day everyone.
Closed Thread