Old 02-21-2010, 08:25 PM   #1  
Artsy Fartsy Girl

S/C/G: 268/226/185

Height: 5'6"

Default Thank God for Miso Soup

OK so I went to a vegatarian restaurant with my friend today and ordered... a glass of whole milk blended with a banana and a bunch of chocolate syrup. Didn't really think about what I was doing, but like, DUH.

Then I ordered a drink that sounded like blended iced teas and got about a cup of orange juice in it.

So before I even ate my lunch entree, which was a reasonable 450 calories, I had drunk another 500!!!

So here I am, having miso soup for dinner. A giant amount of it is 50 calories. Yaay Miso soup!

But I mean, how dumb could I be? I think I thought a calorie was somehow different inside a vegetarian restaurant.
dolphinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

a calorie in a restaurant is like a calorie on a national holiday...they don't count ...NOT !!!!!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:52 PM   #3  
eratosthanes

S/C/G: 297/273/170

Height: 5'5"

Miso is fabulous, and if you are really hungry (and can stand the texture of seaweed) you can add shiritaki noodles, as many as you want, for no extra calories, and lots of soluble fiber!
eratosthanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:00 AM   #4  
Artsy Fartsy Girl

S/C/G: 268/226/185

Height: 5'6"

I boil a couple big pieces of kombu (kelp) for a few minutes, then turn off the heat and add Hon Tsuyu soup base, then whisk in the miso. I also like to add a few nori (seaweed) "krinkles".

Haven't done the shiritaki noodles yet, but they sound like a great fall back if you're hungry and have blown your calories for the day.
dolphinea is offline   Reply With Quote