Old 02-18-2010, 05:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/307/145

Height: 5'3

Unhappy I'm new here and need to lose 150 pounds

I can't even believe I just typed that. I...a person who use to be so tiny needs to lose 150lbs. I need to lose the weight of another adult woman. That scares me. I feel like I've been in a trans and someone just woke me up. I sit here and wonder how in the heck did I gain that much weight. What happened to me. I allowed depression and taking care of other people to make me forget about myself. I am can't confess these things to the people around me so I'll confess them here. I'm depressed and I use food to mask my emotions. I enjoy eating most when no one is around. I hide my food consumption. In public I eat very little. I have a very unhealthy relationship with food. First thing that needs fixing for me is how I view it and why I run to it.

Being overweight is what has happened but food isn't the core issue. There are many underlying issues that cause me to use food and I've got to solve those problems or this is just going to be a vicious cyle. I need to let go of all these stressers. I either let go or continue to be dragged. How do I fix this issue within?

Last edited by Journey2010; 02-18-2010 at 08:17 PM.
Journey2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:53 PM   #2  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Last edited by Idealmuse; 08-06-2010 at 06:55 AM.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:06 PM   #3  
Freshly Hatched

S/C/G: 409/249/220

Height: 5'2

I'm right there with you girl! The first 50 is so hard, I didn't even join until I did it because I didn't feel like I could talk to any one about it. Changing your attitudes towards food is a slow and grueling process, but you can do it. You just need to break it down into little increments, into tiny victories and you'll be shocked how far you've come.

I think a lot of us got this way because we didn't pay attention to ourselves, we were too busy trying to keep the rest of the world together while we fell apart. The people here are really loving and caring, so it's a good place to unlearn your old ways and relearn how to live.
Zimzim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:14 PM   #4  

Hey Journey,
We're here for you whenever you need someone to vent to. Stop over and check out the 300+ POSITIVE AND UPLIFTING MOYIVATION......PART SEVEN. It's a great place for support and motivation. It's a one day at a time thing!
Look forward to getting to know you better.

Later ~ Learn
learningtoliveagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:17 PM   #5  
It's OK to be hungry

S/C/G: 297/T/170

Height: 5'3"

You CAN do this. You can. Just take it one day at a time, and remember- the days will continue to pass, may as well make the most of them!

Good luck
roxmysox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:43 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

Journey...

You can do this. Many of us have been exactly where you are. I ate "normally" in public and binged privately until I felt ill and I would be so depressed afterward. Stress eater...emotional eater...that is me.

I would not look at the total amount you need to lose. That can *seem* overwhelming. I would look at getting the weight off 10 lbs at a time. That is what I do. Each mini goal is getting into the next 10 lb group.

Take things one day at a time....heck I was taking them one meal at a time when I started. Small changes add up to big losses over time when they become new and better habits. YOU are so worth it!! Post often!!

Last edited by Torister; 02-18-2010 at 08:44 PM.
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/307/145

Height: 5'3

Default You guys are so wonderful

I can't express how glad I am that I found this site. I decided instead of sitting and being miserable I took my child to the park for 2 hours. She had a blast. I even went down the slide. I was terrified I wouldn't fit on the slide but I did. The look on my childs face was priceless. I felt like mother of the year for walking from one end of the park to the other and back. My child was happy but so was I. I think I am more happy than she was. I will post often because I need you guys. I can't wait to get to a place where I can be a positive motivating force on this site as well
Journey2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 318/312/210

It is ok, we are here for you. I need to lose over 150lbs and I understand how you feel. Coming here can be very motivating as you are amongst people who are caring and supportive, and are experiencing the same feelings that you are. We are here for you. ((Hugs))
milliondollarbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 374/ticker/size 12

Height: 5'8"

You can do it! --- sorry not up to typing that much tonight but wanted to let you know I did read what you wrote.
oneLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Guess what? You are in the right place! So glad you are here!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:11 PM   #11  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey2010 View Post
I can't express how glad I am that I found this site. I decided instead of sitting and being miserable I took my child to the park for 2 hours. She had a blast. I even went down the slide. I was terrified I wouldn't fit on the slide but I did. The look on my childs face was priceless. I felt like mother of the year for walking from one end of the park to the other and back. My child was happy but so was I. I think I am more happy than she was. I will post often because I need you guys. I can't wait to get to a place where I can be a positive motivating force on this site as well

I LOVE this post! Yes! This is what it's all about! Yay you!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:12 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

Welcome Journey! You will find it gets easier every day, and the people on this forum - especially in the 300+ club - are amazing inspiration and support.

You have already taken your first step and decided that now is the right time in your life for a change. CONGRATULATIONS. You know the old saying, the fitst step is often the hardest. Your next step is to come up with a plan that works for you. Ask lots of questions, and read around this site. YOU CAN DO IT

Last edited by Pacifica Bee; 02-18-2010 at 11:13 PM. Reason: reworded a sentence so it made ACTUAL sense
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:25 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 294/286/200

Height: 5'9"

Journey - I am new here too and have a bunch to lose. Going to the park was a great choice and a great first step. Remember how you felt at that moment when your daughter watched you go down the slide. Use that as your motivation to overcome temptation. I believe that since you understand your issue isn't eating, it's just the symptom, it's a HUGE step in the right direction. Doing the hard work and working on your "stuff" to get emotionally healthy right along with getting physically healthy will bring success. Well - that's what I am telling myself too because I am doing the same thing! One day at a time.....
smitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:21 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to the group Journey.

I know loosing weight seems so overwelming. ANd we want it gone NOW! BUt it takes a while..and you learn so much along the way.

Try and take baby steps..really that is the only way to get through it.

We are here to support you!
azcyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:20 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 356/356/225

Height: 5'9

I am new here too and have a whole bunch to lose. I am taking the hwole thing one step at a time. My first week is over thank goodness! My Dad ended up be in the hospital for part of it which normally I would have turned to food to cope with the stress. I didn't and I am so proud of myself for not. It's the little things I think we all need to learn to be proud of ourselves for. You can do it!!!! You are a winner!
Amberp is offline   Reply With Quote