Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 12-18-2009, 04:06 PM   #1  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

Default Hypnosis for Weight Loss (Thinkandlose.com)

Does Hypnosis work for weight loss? I was watching an infomercial for thinkandlose.com and was wondering if anyone had done this specific program and had success or if anyone had hypnosis by a live person for weight loss and had success. Does it work and how does it work?
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:11 PM   #2  
Workin' It

I have a friend who did it, and while she lost a little weight initially she has sadly not maintained it.

Don't know if it has worked better for anyone else on here or not.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:02 PM   #3  
sci

I can tell you it worked for my friend who wanted to quit smoking, so I agree that it may work for loosing weight also.
sci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 01:35 PM   #4  

Hi, I can tell you that you that hypnosis does work... I am a hypnotist as well as a personal trainer and nutritionist. I worked as a regional rep for Gold's Gym for well over a decade (Nutritionalysis devision).

While you may find benefit in the program xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have heard stories about people who have purchased the program and later tried to return it...

I think hypnosis is best to develop permanent behavioral changes... that way once you lose the weight you want to lose you can keep it off.

Blaze

Last edited by Blaze Driscoll; 02-10-2010 at 06:24 PM. Reason: apology
Blaze Driscoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:21 AM   #5  

I've tried hypnosis for other areas of development (not weight-loss). But it didn't give results I was looking for. But I have seen people who got some results through hypnosis.

So I guess it just comes down to a personality/preference type of thing.
SilverShine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 08:42 PM   #6  
Success with TNL

Wow, Blaze it sounds to me like you were trying to generate a little business of your own.

After saying that, I would like to give Cheryl some factual information about Think and Lose. October 2008 I saw the end of the Think and Lose informercial and I was pretty desperate and disgusted about my weight, sick of trying all the different diets, feeling rather hopeless. After watching the infomercial, I thought "What the heck, why not? I know the overeating and food issues I have are all in my head." So I purchased TNL. It is the best decision I ever made in my life. I watched Don Mannarino's dvd and started listening to TNL in November last year and still listen every night before I go to sleep. I have lost 45 pounds, went from overstuffed size 18 pants to baggy size 12's. All of that is wonderful, but the biggest and most awesome change is my relationship with food. It no longer controls me, I am in control. I no longer binge, I no longer turn to food when upset, bored, unhappy or even happy. All the emotions in the past that would have me eating until I felt sick and disgusted with myself. I now love to eat healthier and have pretty much given up on all the munchies that I use to live for. Don Mannarino and TNL teaches you to eat half and leave half. He gives suggestions to eat healthier and to feel positive and good about yourself. I'm even going to a fitness center on a regular basis. Don Mannarino is an expert in the field of hypnosis. He has worked with soldiers coming back from war to help them deal with the stress and awful realities they have faced, he has worked with the American Lung Association to help people stop smoking and he has helped thousands of others lose weight and deal with their food issues. His reputation in his field is strong and very respectable. All one has to do is check out the Think and Lose website and they will be able to judge for themselves the truth of what he has accomplished. As far as he starting the program to generate money.....I don't see that one either. I purchased the basic program, which is under $40, and it has been all I have needed. Yes, he has numerous programs available for those who may need and want extra help with losing weight and food issues, smoking and other addictions, but I have never been pressured to buy more.

Sorry, I really didn't mean to turn my comments into a testimonial on Don Mannarino, but I did feel the need to defend him after Blaze basically trashed his character, his program, his work ethics and his intergrity.

TNL is a program that can help everyone lose weight, help with food issues and obsessions. You don't have to follow a diet, you don't have to weigh and measure your food, you don't have to pay to have food delivered to your door, you don't have to count points. You can eat whatever you want, just half of what you normally would. The weight has come off slowly, but consistently and when listening to TNL I have never stressed about it not happening fast enough. I seldom step on a scale, going instead by how I feel and how my clothes fit. So after this long posting, I hope I have helped to answer some of your questions, Cheryl. TNL is definitely a program that works.

Shirley

Last edited by SisuInWI; 12-27-2009 at 08:47 PM.
SisuInWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:17 PM   #7  

You are right, it was wrong of me to imply that Don's program as anything less then stellar, therefore I edited my post... I do not frequent forums and I typically do not say negative things period... it was simply a lapse in judgment.

If I were trying to sell something I would have suggested everyone call me... I just felt like trying to help out a fellow Dakotan.
Blaze Driscoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:05 PM   #8  
Success with TNL

Blaze,

That was very nice of you to edit your original comments, not everyone would take the time to do that. It shows true character.

I have now lost 50 pounds with Think and Lose and am totally enjoying wearing a size 10 (can squeeze into a 9, but a little too tight yet). Between your post and mine people can at least see that hypnosis does work. For myself it's been a lifesaver.

Again on behalf of all of us who have found success with Think and Lose, I thank you for your professional courtesy.

Shirley

Last edited by SisuInWI; 02-10-2010 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Wrote own name twice-oops
Old 02-10-2010, 10:11 PM   #9  

You guys sparked my attention about this and I went to the website and read about it. So, you stay awake the whole time while listening to this? The thought of being hypnotized kinda freaks me out I'm just gonna be honest. I have heard of people doing this for stopping smoking. Shirley, when did you start this? Its very interesting...
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:53 PM   #10  
Success with TNL

Hi LeslieLou,

I have been listening to Think and Lose for over a year, and I am as impressed with it now as much as I was when it originally started working for me. The hypnosis is not what you have seen on TV or as part of a comedy skit. All it is, is a state of relaxation. You are aware of everything that is going on around you, your mind wanders and you find yourself thinking of other things and yes, it is best if you stay awake. The whole thing is very relaxing and you actually feel like nothing happened until you start to notice how each time the relaxation comes quicker and then you start noticing the changes in your behavior with food. It is all way tooooo cool! If you go back to the website and click on returning customers, there is a forum filled with questions, answers, successes, etc. from TNL customers and advice from the coaches. It is great to read all the different postings and can answer a lot of your questions. Though I am very happy to do so also, I love talking about TNL!

Shirley

Last edited by SisuInWI; 02-10-2010 at 11:56 PM. Reason: forgot to mention the great coaches
Old 02-11-2010, 07:53 AM   #11  
Wandervogel

S/C/G: 241/214.5/150

Height: 5'4

I was hypnotized a couple of years ago, and while it obviously didn't "work," as in, I didn't drop weight and never look back, one "suggestion" DID stick with me - that white flour is junk, and whole grains are pleasurable - and it's really, really strange how even years later, that's just what I think.

That suggestion burrowed itself into my thought process and I just plain feel happy about eating whole grains. Strange, but it's the best way I could think of to describe it.
Raichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:51 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisuInWI View Post
Hi LeslieLou,

I have been listening to Think and Lose for over a year, and I am as impressed with it now as much as I was when it originally started working for me. The hypnosis is not what you have seen on TV or as part of a comedy skit. All it is, is a state of relaxation. You are aware of everything that is going on around you, your mind wanders and you find yourself thinking of other things and yes, it is best if you stay awake. The whole thing is very relaxing and you actually feel like nothing happened until you start to notice how each time the relaxation comes quicker and then you start noticing the changes in your behavior with food. It is all way tooooo cool! If you go back to the website and click on returning customers, there is a forum filled with questions, answers, successes, etc. from TNL customers and advice from the coaches. It is great to read all the different postings and can answer a lot of your questions. Though I am very happy to do so also, I love talking about TNL!

Shirley
Excellent! I do believe that mind over matter works. I mean look at the mom who can pick up a car if her baby is trapped but could not otherwise do it. I'm glad it has worked for you I will think about it a little longer and let you know if I decide to do it!
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:14 PM   #13  
Success with TNL

Sounds good! Let me know if I can help in anyway or answer any questions.

Shirley
Old 02-16-2010, 11:35 AM   #14  

S/C/G: Check My Ticker! :D

Height: 5'6"

I got this off my neighbor. He burned it for me. (bad, I know!)

It's super long. I let it play all night long, and it isn't even halfway through. Listening to it right now, it's some guy talking about psychological patients he's had. It seems the first few tracks were the only ones with the actual hypnosis on them. Anyone have this? Am I really supposed to be listening to this seminar thing? lol

Also, I'm afraid to delete the seminar stuff, because I don't want to miss anything. How long is the actual hypnosis cd supposed to be?
redreine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:06 PM   #15  
Success with TNL

If you're interested in trying the self hypnosis, maybe check out Think and Lose. A lot less complicated and time consuming and it definitely works.

Shirley