Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 02-18-2010, 12:21 AM   #1  
Excited about my new life

S/C/G: 348/256/190

Height: 5'8"

Angry Help I can't sit down...for long anyway

I have been reading about rapid weight loss and buttocks pain. I have noticed that I can't sit for long periods of time without shifting around in my seat or even in bed. I wondered if it was because my butt is smaller but not totally gone. As I read, I realized I have lost so much muscle and fat that there is not much padding back there. Has anyone been through this? I hear its supposed to get better, does it?
worthylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

I've not had weightloss surgery but have lost a lot of weight and for a time there I used to get the buttock ache and be more aware of the less padding there than I used to have. I did get used to it eventually and don't notice now unless I'm sat on a bench type seat.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:47 AM   #3  
Old Cackler

OOH!!!! i have an answer!!! really!!!!! and it came from my surgeon. ok. think about your coccyx. and think about the fact that, while you were overweight, the fat you sat on actually bore the brunt of your weight, and not your coccyx. but now that you're thinner, the coccyx is now expected to absorb the load, and it's not strong enough to do that. so, until - more bone is laid down and it gets STRONGER, it's gonna hurt!!!

but it WILL get better.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:04 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Worthy YOU ROCK !!! your stats are amazing... congratulations

So what your saying Jiffy is the pain is from not having any more junk in your trunk

What kind of exercise can you do to make it stronger?

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:53 PM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Squats Kick Backs side Lunges back lunges a little Isometric squeezing
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:41 PM   #6  

LOL that funny you ask that because i just talk about this with my bf last nite he thought i wa scrazy when i was trying to explain it.
bloodroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:50 PM   #7  

Thank you all for your input, because I thought something was terribly wrong. Jiffy you are so right, my body will have to adjust. KO I tell you I don't think I can squat much more, I have added weights to my squats, lunges and occassional dead lifts. I can tell a little difference but painful to say the least. Bloodroses, my BFF thought I was having some pyschological breakdown LOL
Old 02-19-2010, 09:29 AM   #8  
Old Cackler

Worthy - in the meantime, if your doc lets you take aleve or some other NSAID, that'll help the pain. or tylenol.

LOVE the collar bones, you gorgeous person, you!!!!
Old 02-19-2010, 01:29 PM   #9  
Pertnear Domestic Goddess

S/C/G: 250/133/125 RNY5/11/09

Height: 5'3

WoW Worthylady this is so freaky, I thought is was having pain cause I had fainted a few months ago and landed on my tailbone. I thought I broke it and now that I didn't have any padding back there is was bothering me more.

But now I see it's common for extreme weightloss. I had to buy an inflatable ring to use on the airplane and to day I bought a coccyx pillow to use in my car.

I have been doing squats or lunges I will now try isolating exercises to focus more on that area I had just been swimming a mile and a eighth 3 times a week and thought that was good enough.

And yes Worthy I will do better on my protien that thanks for the kick in my butt LOL

Last edited by GinaG; 02-19-2010 at 01:29 PM.
GinaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

It just about killed me before I toughened up. I sat down in the bath tub and landed on my tailbone and split the skin over it!!! Some people are crack heads, well I was a crack b u t t! I still have trouble at sitting on bleachers, or long car rides, but really is a lot better now. I sat on a metal chair at church one Sunday and yelled out-loud!!! I was so embarrassed. I'd already made a fool of myself, but I really wanted to hold on to my butt and jump around! Hang in there!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:09 PM   #11  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

LOL Nanj...or b u t t c r a c k. Kind of like Steak n Shakes. B E A N C R O C K.... Anyway, yes, the only time I noticed it was when sitting in the bathtub. Yikes my buttocks hurt from no padding. It does get better, however a slow process. The other thing I have going on is my knees when lying on my side. The inner knees hurt when touching so I have to put a pillow between my knees.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:43 PM   #12  
Old Cackler

listen you two - about sitting in the bathtub. DO YOU REALIZE THAT YOU COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT AS A PRE-OP???? That was one of the best things i found out - my butt may have hurt terribly, but 500 pound people DO NOT fit in bathtubs - so as i was lowering myself to get some heat in that sore spot, it was actually a happy realization!!! YAY US!!

Last edited by jiffypop; 02-22-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:34 AM   #13  

Nan J you crack me up LOL no pun intended, but the butt crack joke was funny. Jiffy you are so right, I couldn't keep water in the back of the tub for the longest because my bottom was taking up all the space. While its a little painful now it beats all the other problems I endured at almost 350 pounds. Well hopefully this discussion will be long gone after a while.

Last edited by worthylady; 02-23-2010 at 01:35 AM.