South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 03:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default Tik-Tok Thursday!

Welcome ladies and gents! I love Ke$ha (singer), that's where I got the title of this post from! I missed you guys soooooooo much! I had computer trouble for 4 days and guess who fixed the computer?! My ten year old sister did, love that kid, don't you, lol. I'm on my period and I've been getting crazy a-- flunctuations in my weight so I'm not recording anything until TOM is over. I am pretty sure that I will be down to 299 or so by the end of this month and I couldn't be happier. Sometimes I get mad at myself for letting the weight pile on like this but I remind myself that I am doing something now and that's what matters. I am not going to let myself get as big as a house ever again. Ride or die with SB for life, yeah!
Old 02-18-2010, 04:30 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi Okie. I'm glad to see you back! It's happy news that it was just a computer malfunction. It's one day at a time for me...I know it's sometimes frustrating to wonder why I got so big, too, but the only thing that will change it for me is staying OP, being kind to myself and...time...TIK TOK. I've stayed up all night doing my taxes so it will be over with so I'll see everyone in awhile.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:46 AM   #3  

Hey Lex meister! I can't wait for you to join us later on!
Old 02-18-2010, 04:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/170/128

Height: 5'5

Okie and Lexxis- I feel this way sometimes. Just two years ago I was 20 pounds smaller than I am now (after losing 11! haha!) But like you all, I try to be positive. This time is a lifestyle change, not a fad. We can do it girls!

I'm also on my TOM and refuse to step on the scale until its been over for at least a couple days. No reason to get upset with pounds added when I know I'm making such wonderful progress.

I hope everyone has an amazing Thursday!
Old 02-18-2010, 05:45 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Katybug, I'm glad to hear you're following SBD as a lifestyle change. Me, too. I'm seeing steady progress even when the scale doesn't move too much. Feeling good is what keeps me going.

I put my taxes away and poured another cup of coffee and switched from Wed. to Thurs. Ahh, today is a busy one. I'm thinking of riding my bike to the pool-I checked the trail on the way home yesterday and there's no ice...chair yoga this morn, and knitting with the ladies this afternoon. Kashi pizza and a Denver Nuggets game tonight. I've started "decluttering" one small space at a time anticipating company in the next few weeks and hoping better weather will get me outside more often. I have a few "niggles" and might get them crossed off the list, too.

Coffee, anyone? Tea? It might be time to socialize a bit.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning ladies!

Okie - I'm getting older. I've heard of Kesha, but know nothing more. (and I"m okay with that!)

Debbie - good morning!! You said the "t" word. . I'm debating if I should do them myself on taxcut like normal, or pay someone else.

Katybug and all to follow - good morning! Have a great Thurday!

Me - Daughter slept thru the night, thanks to some meds she got from the doctor yesterday. Darned croup is nasty. I'm off to the TM and test out the new FM transmitter my DH bought so I can listen to the tv without waking up the family (until now, I've listened to the radio while watching a mute screen...how do I keep going??!).

Have a great one!
Old 02-18-2010, 05:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Okie, Debbie, and Katybug, and all to join us later.

Okie, your enthusiasm is contagious! I'm glad this WOE is working so well for you, and I know you'll be in the 200s very soon!

Debbie, I hope your all-nighter gave some satisfying results! We've been trying to get hold of our tax man to set up an appointment. He's a friend of ours, and will come to the house, which makes it very convenient. Now get some rest!

Katybug, every time I see you here, I think of my granddaughter. Her name is Caitlyn, and when she was little I used to call her katybug. You are doing the right thing by staying off the scale while TOM is visiting. It can really do all sorts of tricks with your weight, and you'll get a more accurate reading once it's packed it's baggage and out of here.

I have a load of wash going right now, and am planning to do a quick housecleaning this morning before heading over to the farm. Today's my late day, so I won't be getting home until around 8, just in time to catch "Survivor." I'll forfeit the Olympics to watch that, but will turn back to the Olympics as soon as it's over. I was so happy to see Leslie Vonn finally get the GOLD yesterday!
Old 02-18-2010, 06:21 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Early Risers and All Nighters

Okie - Welcome back! Congratulations on reaching your first goal! Hey, we could all beat ourselves up over the why not sooner thing. I went on my first diet at 11 and I lost and regained and gained more for another 35 years. I'm just glad I finally got a handle on it!

Debbie - Julie has all kinds of weird self employment stuff so doing my taxes is the easy part We still haven't quite figured out this year - married in Vermont but not on our federal taxes
You are such an inspiration getting out there on your bike in this weather. Have a great morning.

Katy - Making the long term change makes all the difference. Pat yourself on the back for figuring that out and making the commitment!

Twynn - Hope the little one feels better today. It's so tough on everyone when they are sick.
Hope the transmitter does the trick for you. DW often hooks her laptop up to the TV to watch Netflix instaplay stuff. Then she plugs her headphones into the laptop sitting next to the TM. Works great and gives her lots of options while working out.

Cottage - Good morning! Enjoy the afternoon with the girls.

<break to clean kitty vomit. fun morning already>

It looks like a slightly long day today. Meeting at 9:30 near home and meeting at 4:30 in town. Starting with coffee with a peer at 8:30. I will probably make it home in time for b-ball at 7. Dinner is definitely Co-op take out tonight.

The weight is still stuck to my hips but I'm trudging on. I know the consequences of giving up so will just enjoy being healthy and hope the lbs finally give in

Have a good Thursday
Old 02-18-2010, 06:34 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning, Twynn, Linda, and Cyndi

Twynn, glad to hear DD slept last night. Happy TM! I've always done taxes myself, and it's much easier since we sold the businesses.

Cottage, yep, Survivor here, too. Can't believe I have to watch Russell for another season, though. Have an excellent long day, and BTW I did get to see your skater.

Cyndi, another long-dayer! Co-op dinner sounds wonderful! I wish I could join you. It's breezy, I might not bike.

Guess I'll check on the troops.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:47 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

at Cyndi, Linda, Debbie, Katy and the irrepressible Okie.

I wish you chicks would stop talking taxes! Mine aren't due until April 30 but I do like to get them out of the way. Charitable receipts are supposed to be here by March 1 but investment stuff isn't here until later in the month. I guess I'll tackle them after my March trip to Orlando.

Busy day ahead - most of it self-inflicted. I'm hoping to peek in to the Olympics as I flit in and out. I keep screwing up because of the 3-hour time difference.

Happy Thursday.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:52 AM   #11  

Hola chickies! Thanks Twynn/Lex/the rest for being concerned when I was MIA. I hope your baby gets better Twynn.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:57 AM   #12  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Thursday! I am so glad this week is almost over! WooHoo!!!

Okie, I'm glad you're back! I missed you! When I think of Tik Tok, I think of the Madonna/Timberlake song. Love it!

Debbie, Jeff does our taxes. He's self employed. He's a little apprehensive about what it's going to look like this year with me losing the Jazzercise business and going back to work full time. Yikes!

Twynn, Auston had croup once. The meds the doctor gave him had a sticker talking about 'aggression and no sleeping' as side effects. I just let the boy cough! Sheesh!

Cottage, I LOVED watching the womens skiing last night. I'm surprised some of those girls got up after those falls! Ouch!

Katiebug, I agree, stay off the scale!

Cyndi, Between kitty vomit and weight stuck to your hips... You crack me up!

Ruth, Look at your ticker! WooHoo!!!

Me: It has been a crazy busy week at work this week. We'll go weeks without a forensic interview. This week we've had 4! It makes me sad when bad things happen to kids. It makes me ANGRY when bad parents happen to kids. My boss made the statement, "Oh to be God for a day..."

On a happy note, if things quiet down for a while today, I'm going to make reservations for our Disney trip! WooHoo!!! We haven't told Auston yet. He is going to go wild!

I hope everyone has a Beachy day!

Last edited by Chelby29; 02-18-2010 at 07:00 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:06 AM   #13  
Be happy.

Good morning friends!

Okie, I was happy to see your post this morning, I'm glad you've got such a clever little sister!

I'm stealing a quick minute to check in but I've got a hectic day ahead of me. There are lots of things I want to do before I head back to Maine after lunch.

Enjoy your Thursday!
Old 02-18-2010, 08:23 AM   #14  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning Okie. I used to get mad at myself a lot too. If only I had or hadn't... Now I am just looking forward; can't change the past. And you are so positive when you look forward on this plan

Debbie - Taxes. Ugh. DH will do ours and I don't know when but it will be very stressful here when it happens. Yoga or swim to relax today? You just answered that in your later post

Katy - Way to be positive!

Twynn - LOL! I must have a tv show blaring to do the treadmill. And it has to be a GOOD show. Have a good workout.

Cottage - I have to admit that I have never watched Survivor. But I am watching Idol and Project Runway Remember when we didn't even have reality TV?

Cynci - Good for you on hanging in. I always think of you as being easily maintaining. Okay... maybe easy is never a word that would apply for any of us. Or is it?

Ruth - I know ---- I don't want to think about taxes either! Yet or later. Sigh. So I'll think about my trip and you think about Orlando

Chelby - So much nicer to think about Disney than what is happening with your work. When will you tell Auston?

Heidi - Have a save trip.

Here is a strange one... my right forearm is sore and I can't figure out what caused it. Kind of like you get from shoveling (but that isn't it.) I notice it when I sit here and drink tea with my right arm. Hmmm. Tea forearm as a new medical condition related to my excessive drinking on SB? I wonder how it will feel in yoga today.

Have a great day all.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:36 AM   #15  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning everyone

Board is here today for a meeting so a quickie to say I hope all are well. I am doing Ph1 for 4 days until my test to purposefully trigger a flare-up (ugh mentally I can't wrap my head around it) but that way Monday's test will be more conclusive.

For the last two days DW has woken me up at 6a so I will Wii Fit and I roll back over and sleep. Grrr. I did walk all my escalators this morning on my commute (both up and down) to make up for it. And will try to get on the Fit tonight. Last week of class for two weeks as well!

Yay! I hate this class with a passion...Happy Thursday!
Closed Thread