Old 02-17-2010, 09:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/228.5/184

Height: 5' 11''

Default MRC 6 and CortiTrim

I used both of these last time and I had good results with the program. However, I can count the times on one hand that I had food off the program. So, I am not sure if my success was because I followed the program so closely or if it was boosted by the MRC6 and Cortitrim.

Does anyone have any input here? This is my second time around and I start program on Monday and I am going to try to do it without the pills because they are expensive.

Thoughts? Advice??
NWALoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 196/180/140

Height: 5'1

I have had success in the past couple 2 weeks of being on the program & medically I am not "allowed" to use any enhancers including MRC, but I do use corti-trim.
karla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:02 PM   #3  

How many weeks has it taken you to lose your 12 pounds?
BC of my thyroid issues there are some I can't use too.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:12 PM   #4  

Today is my 13th day OP. For supplements I use: flaxseed (9), corti trim (6), trace minerals (1), msm (6), multivitamin (1), dhea (1), chromium (1). I have read on the forum here that a lot of people have lot on MRC w/o using any of the extra supplements (just using flax, trace minerals, & of course HNS). I hope that helps
Old 02-17-2010, 10:15 PM   #5  

It does help. Thanks so much. It is incredible that you have lost 12 pounds in 13 days it took me about 4 or 4.5 weeks to lose that much.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: xxx/166/187 Thats 19 lbs below

Height: 5'10"

A friend of mine used to work at the Bville center and honestly told me that the majority of those pills do not work. She had to take them while she was working there. They work on a commission off of selling pills. Hence why they push the pills. The MRC 6, Corti, Allday, etc are no different than some of the weight loss stuff you see in stores. Well less the caffeine and ephadrine. She said the only thing you need is the EFA pills and a good multi vitamin and this due to needing oil in your diet and the program doesnt give you enough. She also said the guggol is pretty good for cholestrol. Note: might see dry skin and hair falling out. The multi vitamin is essential because the diet is so restrictive in the nutrients your body needs. But if it makes you feel better and have the extra income to spend on it then do what you feel is best for your weight loss success.
Rebajetgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:03 PM   #7  

That is good to know.It helps a whole lot. I really don't have the extra money to spare right now unless it was ABSOLUTELY crutial to my success-because there is no failure this time. I am very tired of the weight battle and am ready to conquer this once and for all.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:16 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWALoser View Post
It does help. Thanks so much. It is incredible that you have lost 12 pounds in 13 days it took me about 4 or 4.5 weeks to lose that much.
awww thanks
Old 02-17-2010, 11:18 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebajetgirl View Post
A friend of mine used to work at the Bville center and honestly told me that the majority of those pills do not work. She had to take them while she was working there. They work on a commission off of selling pills. Hence why they push the pills. The MRC 6, Corti, Allday, etc are no different than some of the weight loss stuff you see in stores. Well less the caffeine and ephadrine. She said the only thing you need is the EFA pills and a good multi vitamin and this due to needing oil in your diet and the program doesnt give you enough. She also said the guggol is pretty good for cholestrol. Note: might see dry skin and hair falling out. The multi vitamin is essential because the diet is so restrictive in the nutrients your body needs. But if it makes you feel better and have the extra income to spend on it then do what you feel is best for your weight loss success.
I'm glad you said that b/c my skin has been SO dry. I have been moisturizing like crazy!
Old 02-17-2010, 11:25 PM   #10  

Karla I can't wait to see how you do on program. Your results have been outstanding so far and inspiring.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:18 AM   #11  
Doing it the healthy way!

S/C/G: 264/ticker/155

Height: 5'9'

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla View Post
I'm glad you said that b/c my skin has been SO dry. I have been moisturizing like crazy!
MINE TOO!!! especially my hands!! i thought there was something wrong with me! i am glad you guys said something
kimmermarie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:29 AM   #12  

I felt horrible on the allday weight loss. Absolutely no energy. I stopped taking them and began loosing weight (about 1.5 - 2 pounds a week) with only vitamins and minerals. I finally felt like exercising and joined a water aerobics class. I think the trick is the diet-- keep it as simple as possible, high protein and water, water, water....and keep the body moving. I do plateau, but everything is so worth the wait!!
missmary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:22 PM   #13  

Height: 5'6''

NWA - this is my 2nd time OP too. I took both MRC-6 and CT the first time I was on plan and have cut out the CT this time and see no real difference. I still take MRC-6 though. Welcome back!
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:27 PM   #14  

Hvnlymzic, wouldl you mind giving me some insight into what happened to your the first time around? Just curious. Like to know everyone's story. I see you had a child though...
Has your second time been easier or harder?
Thanks for the input.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:04 PM   #15  

Height: 5'6''

Sure thing...I lost 90 lbs between March 2007 and December 2007. I originally started MRC to drop some weight and see if my body would cooperate with a pregnancy...we'd tried for 2 years with no luck. I took a positive test at my Ob/Gyn's office while visiting her for fertility advice. She was proud of my weight loss and said that it likely would help, then I tested pregnant there. Crazy. Well I didn't want to keep losing at the rate that MRC was going while pregnant (it's not safe anyway) so I put my plan on medical hold and gained every bit of my weight back during my pregnancy. I ate whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. Lots of excuses and "eating for two" kinds of things... I don't regret it, because I choose not to live in the past like that, but I will say that I'm losing now to get pregnant again and won't gain it back like that the next time. I put on a little more weight after my son was born and when he was 1 decided to go back to MRC and try it again. I rejoined the week of Halloween and now 3.5months later I'm down 40lbs.

I think my attitude has been different this time around. I lose the weight fairly easily, probably because I've got a BUNCH of it to lose. I expect to slow down when I closer to 80lbs. I had a long plateau there last time, but I may not too. Never know. I gained the weight differently while I was pregnant and so I'm losing it differently too. I hear ALL the time that I "carry my weight well" and I must because people are shocked when they hear my actual weight. I carry it all in my hips, lower stomach area and thighs and i'm losing it there this time as opposed to in my upper body like last time. I eat a little more freely this time around. I shouldn't and I know that...and I see a difference in my weight loss when I do, but I'm mostly perfect on plan.

I struggled in the beginning with them treating me like I was a newbie OP. They were just being helpful and didn't know that I knew what I was doing, so I can't blame them, but it was frustrating. They're over that and mostly leave me alone to do my thing. I lose 2-3lbs a week usually.

Welcome back and feel free to ask about anything that I may have left out
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote