Old 02-17-2010, 04:45 PM   #1  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

Default Bodacious Buddies - Come Join Us!

Hey all! A few of us have started emailing each other, and it just made sense to post a thread on here to not only keep us more organized, but to let more share the fun!!!

According to the funky old desk dictionary I have sitting in front of me at work, bodacious means remarkable; outstanding; gutsy.

We're all of the above!!!!

Introduce yourselves below...can't wait to meet all of you!!!!
pokeycactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:01 PM   #2  
Bodacious Babe

S/C/G: 259/ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Talking ok..

Bodacious babe checking in!!
Just in case someone didnt' get my email...

I'm Selena and livin' in Memphis, TN... I've always been a BIG girl... but in the past 10 years, I put on 100 EXTRA pounds. UGH!!! that hurts to even say it!!!
I'm a marine brat... my father was in the marines for 22 years.. it was only fitting that I marry a marine, so I did.....I stayed married to him for 20 years... I was miserable, he was abusive....I "ate" myself into oblivion....and gained 100 pounds..
I decided to divorce him FINALLY and now have been divorced for 2 1/2 years..

I was always an athlete, played softball on a scholarship at the University of Georgia for 4 years..., I weighed 150....that is my GOAL weight.... I wanna get back down to that...

I am a HR/Office manager here in Memphis, I live with 2 roomies and have no children!!

Close to 4 months ago, I met a man online lol... ...we decided to meet in person on the 1st day we talked on the phone for 4 hours...CRAZY!!! we have been inseperable since then .... He asked me to marry him this past weekend on Valentines day and I said YESSSSSS!!!
This will be the 2nd marriage for both of us, so we have decided to go to VEGAS, and get married on 10/10/10......It will be a BLAST!!!
This motivates me even more to lose this weight...

I just joined WW this past weekend, and I am doing the Beachbody,(P90) for my workout plan....
welp, that's pretty much "ME" in a nutshell...I hope to get to know everyone here!!!
selena..
GiddyupKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: RS278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3

Ha! I found us!!

Since we've moved I'll re-introduce myself whiff..good thing there was no packing necessary!

I'm Carlee, I'm 23..will be 24 in May. I'm 5'4 and 262..(omg..yack..I said it!) I live in Texas and I take care of my mother. I'm an Accounting Major with 66 hours towards my bachelors degree. I'm in the process of going back to school, however, because I had to drop my classes to care for my mother; I've been placed on academic probation and have to go through the appeals process and until then I can't go back to school. I have an extremely tough time with this, i hate that my mother is sick...I hate that I had to give up school (hopefully temporarily) and I hate that I had to give up my life. So it's really a tough point for me and probably why I've gained the 20lbs I lost at school and then some. I've always been the big girl....which was accented because I was also the poor kid. (Ugly t-shirts and jeans are way cheaper than the cuter more expensive more full figure friendly clothing)

While I was working...I had a Curves membership..but unfortunately..I didn't really keep up with it and now I wish I had that money to be able to go back. Right now I want to do the 30 day Shred by Jillian Micheals and the C25k...so I'm saving up to buy the DVD and to get a new ipod charger so I can download the C25k thing for my ipod. When I get the C25k ready...my puppy dog is going walking with me...cause he's 20lbs!! (He's a mini schnauzer..so he shouldn't be that pudgy) My mom has a tendency to give him treats..because he remembered to breathe...lol...so we run out of treats faster than milk!

Look forward to meeting all of the buddies...woo hoo!!

<3 Carlee

</end novel>
carlee86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:16 PM   #4  
Bodacious Babe

Talking

((hugs Carlee!!)) Hang in there girl...
What is the C25K?? I've never heard of that??? Soo glad you are here... This is gonna be a FUN/SUPPORTIVE group.. I just know it... I'm soo glad I'm here with you girls..... xoxoxo
Selena..
Old 02-17-2010, 07:24 PM   #5  
Amy

S/C/G: 207/190/140

Height: 5'8"

Wink can I join?

I emailed rachel already but wanted to make sure I got on your list.
Ok so I am 35 years old and have 2 daughters 9, & almost 11. I a have been married 15 years. This is like my 5th time putting on 50lb. I always say I will never do it again. Well guess what I gained it ALL back again. RRRRRRR! We have a trip to Disneyland in June would love to loose lots by then.
Thanks guys!
Amy
gymmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:32 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiddyupKaos View Post
((hugs Carlee!!)) Hang in there girl...
What is the C25K?? I've never heard of that??? Soo glad you are here... This is gonna be a FUN/SUPPORTIVE group.. I just know it... I'm soo glad I'm here with you girls..... xoxoxo
Selena..
I figured that would be asked...lol...cause I oftened wondered the same thing off and on for about a year....never really found out til now...so here's my pearls of internet wisdom..I've come across...surely with all this help and support and internet goodies..we'll be extra sexy in not time!

C25k (couch to 5 k) - coolrunning [dot] com sorry for the cryptic..can't use links yet!

Good Recipes for us:
sparkrecipes [dot] com <- lots of goodies in there
hungry-girl [dot] com <-- if you haven't heard of Hungry Girl...she's awesome..she remakes nearly everything..from KFC Bowls...Starbucks Drinks....Cakes...you name it...subscribe to her free email..just the other day was remade Mississippi Mud Pie!!
fitday [dot] com <-- free calorie tracker..calorie balancer/calculator...and etc..very awesome...you can click the link under my picture as well to get there

I kinda like using the free WW points guide..because I don't have money to join their program at the moment and points seems to make me feel like I'm obtaining a goal for a day!

male - 8 pts
female - 2 pts

27-37 - 3 pts
38-47 - 2 pts
48-58 - 1 pt
over 58 - 0 pts

use the first 2 digits of your weight - for example - if you weigh 175 then use 17 pts

if you spend most of your day:
sitting down - 0 pts
occasionaly sitting but mostly standing - 1 pt
walking most of the time - 2 pts
doing physical work most of the time - 3 pts

add all your numbers up and you get your daily points allowance!

you also get an additional 35 points to use through out the week however you want - you can use them all at once or spread them out over the week

^^ Source weight watcher [dot] com ....
Old 02-17-2010, 10:24 PM   #7  
Bodacious Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymmommy View Post
I emailed rachel already but wanted to make sure I got on your list.
Ok so I am 35 years old and have 2 daughters 9, & almost 11. I a have been married 15 years. This is like my 5th time putting on 50lb. I always say I will never do it again. Well guess what I gained it ALL back again. RRRRRRR! We have a trip to Disneyland in June would love to loose lots by then.
Thanks guys!
Amy
Welcome Amy!!! Sooo glad you are here girl... I'm getting married in OCT... so I need to have lost lots by JUNE too ... WE CAN DO THIS!!!
Old 02-17-2010, 10:27 PM   #8  
Bodacious Babe

Wow Carlee... AWESOME info... you girls are sooo gonna keep me on track!!! going to check out coolrunning right now!!!
Old 02-18-2010, 12:39 AM   #9  

Omg..I entered every thing I ate..even the ketchup and bbq sauce..and I've only ate 970 calories or 29 WW points and I'm supposed to have 35...so I gotta eat 6 more points!

--> just encase you are in need of a point calculator...here's one
webmilhouse [dot] com [/] pointcalc [dot] php

Last edited by carlee86; 02-18-2010 at 12:42 AM. Reason: added in the point calculator
Old 02-18-2010, 10:11 AM   #10  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Good morning girlies!!!

I took it really easy yesterday, I have the grossest cold right now. I feel pretty miserable, but I dragged myself into work; I have waaay too much to do this week! Stayed within my regular calorie range yesterday, but didn't work out. I'm planning to do the same again today, I'm thinking if I can make it to the end of the day at work, that's a pretty major accomplishment in itself.

carlee86 thanks for all that info!!! I love hungrygirl! She's awesome. She's fairly obsessed with Miracle Noodles, have you tried them?

gymmommy I got your email, Glad to have you join us!!!

Goooood mornin' Selena! What's cookin'?!
Old 02-18-2010, 10:44 AM   #11  
Amy

S/C/G: 207/190/140

Height: 5'8"

Default Today is starting off good!

The sun is shinning her in WA!! I woke up early to work on the elliptical and feel so much better about myself.
Hope everyone else has a great day!
Amy
gymmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:40 AM   #12  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Amy what part of WA are you in? I grew up there, and left five years ago for Arizona. But I grew up in a teeeny little town called Sedro-Woolley, near Mt. Vernon.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:57 AM   #13  
Bodacious Babe

Rachael....Hope you feel better girlfriend!!!!
Old 02-18-2010, 02:07 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeycactus View Post

carlee86 thanks for all that info!!! I love hungrygirl! She's awesome. She's fairly obsessed with Miracle Noodles, have you tried them?
Rachel hope you feel better soon!!

I haven't tried those noodles...scared too. One day my Aunt asked me to take her shopping. She's 70+ and lives in an assisted apartment, she's technology-phobic anything newer than a TV..she ain't having it (no cell, no car, no voicemail, no internet). So while we we're at Super Target..she told me..I have to go to the books section I NEED this cookbook...so she looking and looking at she says "Yes..I found it" and guess what she held up?? Hungry Girl's 200 under 200. I was so surprised...then she went to the salad section and there were those shirataki noodles too! They were $1.49 a bag, they were in liquid and squished around..then kind of looked like wet ramen noodles.

All the reviews about them noodles and texture...I'm not sure I can do it. I have a weird texture aversion....I can barely eat a container of applesauce...half of a yoplait yogurt...and I can't mix anything with eggs. That means no breakfast burritos...egg mugs(Hungry Girl)...frittatas....all make me gag!
Old 02-18-2010, 02:26 PM   #15  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Oh no! My husband is a texture guy too - he can't handle if his steak has a little fat on it, or like, I made spaghetti squash one night (I thought it was yum) and he couldn't handle it because some of the squash "noodles" were "chewy." Which, I still haven't figured out, because he says that regular undercooked pasta is "chewy" too - but I say it's crunchy...ha ha.

So it's like, creamy textures you can't handle?

I'm going to look for those at Super Target. I tried Fresh 'n Easy (Your Friendly Neighborhood Grocer lol) and they didn't have 'em.

Last edited by pokeycactus; 02-18-2010 at 02:28 PM.