Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 10:01 AM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Talking ***Week of January 12***

Good Morning Everyone!!

Alex was a good boy today and let me sleep and snuggle until 9:30!! I'm sure I won't be having too many more of those mornings so I took advantage!! Then he began to do a jig on my bladder in time to DH's snoring so I had to get up.

BPB: Glad things are looking better for you. Hope you can make it to the gym. I've never been as far south in FL as Miami, but I hear it's nice. All the other parts I've been to have been great.

Tech: Did you get those dogs walked? Mine is sitting here looking at me with those big brown eyes, we will have to take her out today for a nice walk.

RR: Yeah on sleeping 2 1/2 hours!! Hope she keeps it up.

Hope you guys are having a super Sunday!!
Old 01-12-2003, 10:16 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know I'm still here! In a lot of pain after walking around Ikea half the day yesterday. My ribs still hurt...think I really pulled a muscle around there somewhere with all the coughing I was doing....today it feels like I have a cracked rib! Just took a couple Tylenol, and will be looking for the heating pad soon.

Have a great day all!
Old 01-12-2003, 12:15 PM   #3  
Phat Chick

Hi all!
KarenK - when's Alex due - or have a skimmed the posts too quickly - enjoy the lie in
LBH - hope you feel better soon, you seem to be having a really rough time with it all.

Hi to everyone else - will pop back tomorrow - in pain - did my first BodyPump class yesterday afternoon - and my body is pumped - with pain - who knew lunges and tricep curls could hurt so much the day after.
Old 01-12-2003, 05:57 PM   #4  

hi all.

Not much new here. I drug myself to the health club this a.m. to workout for 30 minutes. Proud of myself for doing so. DH was not here to go with me.

Karen - I stayed in bed until 7:15, to me that is sleeping in.

Lauren - sure hope you are feeling better.

Bpb - a body pump class. So what all do you do in that?? Is it an hour long? And lunges are killers in my book!

here's to a super week for us all.

Rabbit
*OP since 1/3/03*

Last edited by Rabbit; 01-12-2003 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-12-2003, 09:03 PM   #5  

Hi all!

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

My weigh day is tomorrow & I don't think it's going to be pretty. I did well at the beginning of the week, but not so good the end.

Yesterday I had a meeting out of town, with lunch provided...fried chicken mashed potatos, greenbeans & peach cobbler and then last night we had dinner at some friends house & it was chicken cordon bleu, mixed veggies, potatos, crescent rolls with cheese, and this to die for chocolate fudge cake with vanilla ice cream!!!! So I REALLY went over points yesterday and no time to exercise.

I had planned on doing really well today & going for a long walk, but I've had a horrible headache all day. I haven't eaten too badly today, but I've been a total slug otherwise.

So I'll take whatever the scale says tomorrow & I'll get back on track. The good news is I'm starting a tap class on Thursday night, so that will be some "fun" exercise once a week.

Lauren - hope you're feeling better finally.

Rabbit - congrats on last week's loss!

LE
Old 01-13-2003, 09:39 AM   #6  

Hi all, Didn't want you to think I'd completely dropped off the face of the earth or the diet stuff. I'm spending more on-line time at some PCOS sites and studying a couple of great books I got on the subject. I've found a 'friend' off another site that has become my PCOS buddy. I'm just really going to concentrate on that right now. I'll lurk here more than post and will try to post every now and then. I have just been trying to take a new perspective of the whole issue.

I'm also reading a great book called The Artist Way. Its not just for Artists but for evreyone. I'm really trying to make more time for me and find out who I am all over again (you know how everything else crowds in the way and you become "wife, mother, housekeeper, friend, worker, etc... and you just lose sight of yourself"). First thing every morning I take about 20 minutes to write 3 pages in a journal and just dump everything, kind of clear out my mind and let myself show thru. And its wierd how it has to be the first thing in the morning - I tried it later in the day and it just doesn't work. Anyway...its a cool book.

So.. since Jan 1 I am down 4 lbs! I have a goal of 8 more before Feb 12 when I leave for Philly.

We've decided to go look for a treadmill - someone bought one here recently (Tech or Karen???). What did you get? Sears has all of theirs on sale this week so we may go shopping this evening. I just find it hard to get out of the house to go for a serious walk and the exercise videos just don't seem to do it for me right now. I figure on a treadmill I can at least listen to a book on tape or a C.D. and most hotels we stay in when traveling have treadmills in the exercise rooms.

Anyway, everyone take care, I'll lurk and post when I can, jul
Old 01-13-2003, 10:18 AM   #7  

Happy Monday!! I've got to stop sleeping in on the weekend. It kills me on Monday. I had a busy week but it was all fun stuff. I was good and still didn't have any wine (and believe me it was a real challenge!!) Fri I had bunko night with the girls and everyone but me and the pregnant one was drinking wine. It smelled so good. Sat we went over to a friends and it was the first time I've ever been to their house and not had any alcohol to drink. Sun we had the in-laws over for dinner and I opened a bottle of wine for them but didn't have any. So now I have a half a bottle sitting in my fridge. Hopefully DH will drink it soon so I don't have to look at it every night. TOM is supposed to start tomorrow and I had some bad pms over the weekend. Why can men be so helpless and stupid when it's convenient for them????? I'm feeling all better now.

Jul, congrats on the loss. I'm sorry but I forgot what pcos stands for?? Keep in touch and drop by when you can.

LE, I hope weigh-in wasn't too bad. Did you manage to get your walk in? Sometimes when you feel the worst a nice walk is the best thing for you. The hardest part is putting on your shoes. Once you are out there you will feel much better. I promise.

Rabbit, I'm with you -- lunges are painful at first. Everytime I get used to them I promise myself I won't stop again but then I do and have to go thru the misery again. I've found the main thing is to start very slow with them and gradually go deeper and do more.

BPB, I've driven thru Miami but never stopped there. My only recommendation is that if you have a day you should drive down to Key Largo for some snorkling. It's beautiful there. I hope you are feeling better.

Lauren, you had better be taking it easy for the next few days. You got a big job just ahead of you!!! Get well soon!!!

Karen, too funny about the dancing to DH's snoring.

Have a great week everyone!!
Old 01-13-2003, 12:30 PM   #8  
LBH

Hi All,

Thanks for the well-wishes...feeling a slight bit better today, but still moving very slowly.

Liz- Good for you continuing to stay away from the wine!! You are a strong woman, being constantly faced with it! If that was me, and the wine was chocolate cake or ice cream...I'd never last!

Jul- Soo glad to see you check in finally! I'm glad you've found a support board for PCOS, and I hope things start to work out for you. As we all know, there's nothing like having a good support system! Glad to hear you'll be lurking, and posting a quick "Hi" occasionally!

LE- Good luck at WI today. All that food sounds sooo yummy, it made me hungry!! Hope it doesn't go to bad, I know you'll get right back on track.

Rabbit- Good for you going to the gym...and for being OP for soo long!!

BPB- I really shouldn't complain, because up until about a month ago, I was having the PG of my dreams, no weird cravings, no bad PG problems, nothing, it's been great. Now though, forget it, I've had enough...and to end up with the sinus infection at the end like this...I shoulda known... :/

I think I'm actually gonna try to get some things done today. Need to go grocery shopping, bring the utility check to the landlord, drop off the p/w at daycare so we save a spot, and drop off disability p/w at midwife's office.

Have a great day all!!
Old 01-13-2003, 02:30 PM   #9  

Well...good news/bad news from the scale this morning. The good news...I didn't gain...the bad news...I didn't lose I stayed exactly the same, which is MUCH better than I anticipated, so I will take it! (maybe it was the FEEP! )

It's a good day so far. I've had 10.5 points. May have a 1 point snack a little later so I'll have plenty of points for dinner & hopefully will be able to bank a couple for the weekend. Need to drink some more water, haven't had much of that today. DH & DS have Tae Kwon Do tonight, so I won't have to worry about fixing dinner, so there should be plenty of time for me to go for a walk!

Jul - hey there! Good to see you!

Liz - Great job on the wine! I didn't get the walk in yesterday, my head was still pounding when I went to bed, just couldn't do it.

Lauren - so what's the countdown now?

LE
Old 01-13-2003, 02:58 PM   #10  
LBH

LE- Gotta love that FEEP!! LOL...what am I talking about...I barely remember what it's like!! My DH is totally hands off...says he doesn't want Petey yelling at him for bonking him on the head!! 3 more days!! Thursday is my EDD, but I'm thinking it's not happening. I have yet to have any symptoms of labor. Which actually is not a bad thing right now, because I don't wanna try natural childbirth with a pulled muscle. DH & I keep telling him it's time to come out though...Papa (DH's dad) wants him born on his b-day, which is Sunday!
Old 01-13-2003, 03:07 PM   #11  

I had to post this -- it's just too funny!! I hope you don't mind.

Why Women are Cranky......

We start to "bud" in our blouses at 9 or 10 years old only to find anything that comes in contact with those tender, blooming buds hurts so bad it brings us to tears. Enter the almighty, uncomfortable training bra contraption the boys in school will snap until we have callouses on our backs.

Next, we get our periods in our early to mid-teens (or sooner). Along with those budding boobs, we now bloat, we cramp, we get the hormone crankies, have to wear little mattresses between our legs or insert tubular, packed cotton rods in places we didn't even know we had.

Our next little rite of passage (premarital or not) is having sex for the first time which is about as much fun as having a ramrod push your uterus through your nostrils (IF he did it right and didn't end up with his little cart before his horse), leaving us to wonder what all the fuss was about.

Then it's off to Motherhood where we learn to live on dry crackers and water for a few months so we don't spend the entire day leaning over Brother John.

Of course, amazing creatures that we are (and we are), we learn to live with the growing little angels inside us steadily kicking our innards night and day making us wonder if we're having Rosemary's Baby. Our once flat bellies now look like we swallowed a watermelon whole and we pee our pants every time we sneeze.

When the big moment arrives, the dam in our blessed Nether Regions will invariably burst right in the middle of the mall and we'll waddle with our big cartoon feet moaning in pain all the way to the ER. Then it's huff and puff and beg to die while the OB says, "Please stop screaming, Mrs. InLabor.

Calm down and push. Just one more (10 more) good push," warranting a strong, well-deserved impulse to punch the b*****d (and DH) square in the nose for making us cram a wiggling, mushroom-headed 10lb. bowling ball through a keyhole.

After that, it's time to raise those angels only to find that when all that "cute" wears off, the beautiful little darlings morph into walking, jabbering, wet, gooey, snot-blowing, life-sucking little poop machines.

The teen years. Need I say more?

The kids are almost grown now and we women hit our voracious sexual prime in our mid-30's to early 40's while DH had his somewhere around his 18th birthday (which just happens to be the reason all that early hot man sex got you pregnant in the first place).

Now we hit the grand finale: "The Menopause," the Grandmother of all womanhood. It's either take the HRT (hormone replacement therapy)and chance cancer in those now seasoned "buds" or the aforementioned Nether Regions, or, sweat like a hog in July, wash your sheets and pillowcases daily and bite the head off anything that moves.

Now, you ask WHY women seem to be more spiteful than men when men get off so easy INCLUDING the icing on life's cake: Being able to pee in the woods without soaking their socks?

And they say women are the "weaker sex." HA!
Old 01-13-2003, 04:18 PM   #12  

hello.

Kind of a dreary day here but not too cold. Nice for January. I've been out running around, now to get caught up here.

Legal - wow. sounds like a rough weekend foodwise. Hooray for no gain! ~ Have fun at tap.

Jul - Hello! Good to hear from you. I know exactly what you mean about losing yourself in all of your other roles. I am always struggling for that balance. ~ hooray on the 4 lb. loss.

Liz - you're doing so great about the not drinking. Particularly in light of all the temptation. pcos is polycystic ovarian syndrome. (spelling?) ~ Funny post about women.

Lauren - sorry you are still feeling bad. ~ I think it's a good idea to get all the running around done that you can if you feel up to it!

bye now.

Rabbit
**OP since 1/3/03**
Old 01-13-2003, 06:21 PM   #13  
Donna

Happy Monday All,

Didn't do so hot on the diet side this week, tomorrow will probably be ugly . Oh well, today is a new week and I WILL do better. I've just about got my water in for the day which hasn't been happening lately.

We went over to my parents on Sat. and my dad (big time junk collector) gave us a phone from the 1950's that he got out of the trash. My DH (big time geek) decided to fix it up and make it work, he need some assistance so checked out the internet, and lo and behold the phone is a "collectable" worth about $100. It now works and is sitting on the desk and my dad is ticked. I find the whole thing funny.

Meanwhile I've been quilting all weekend and my nephew's quilt is just about done. Only about 6 months late. Now onto UFO (unfinished object) number two. I figure I've got about 7 started quilts in my sewing room So I've decied to work on finishing a few this winter, it's cheeper, and keeps the husband happier than starting another .

Anyway......

LBH - Hope you feel better soon.

Jul - Glad you could stop by. Congrats on the 4 lbs. I've done the "Artist's Way" and really enjoyed it. I've gotten away from it lately and keep meaning to get back....

Liz - Congrats on avoiding temptation!!! And getting to the gym.

BPB - Great going starting a new workout program, hope you can stick with it thru those 'sore muscle' stages.

Rabbit - Congrats on making it to the gym and so early !

LE - Sometimes staying the same is definately a good thing. Good luck getting back on track.

Karen - From the sounds of RR enjoy that sleep while you can. I love lazy snuggly mornings .

Well, should probably go start dinner.

Have a great week everyone!!!!

- Tech
Old 01-14-2003, 12:14 PM   #14  
LBH

Hi All,

Feeling a tiny bit better again. Still hurts quite a bit when I move the wrong way, but I think it's slowly getting better. DH said the way to treat pulled muscles is to use them...not let them get stiff. Not work them, but at least stretch a bit and lightly use them. So I'm trying not to sit and veg on the sofa or anything. Cleaned the kitchen up this AM, did some laundry. Have a bunch of errands I have to do this afternoon.

Tech- Cool about the phone! I'm actually trying to get DH & I to unclutter and not be such pack rats!! Wasn't Aunt Flo just here? Hoping now that she's gone you'll be back on the losing track! Good luck with the UFO!

Rabbit- We had a day like that last week, it looked just dreadfully cold outside to look through the window, but it was actually like 40 something out.

Liz- That's a good one!

Have a great day all!
Old 01-14-2003, 07:02 PM   #15  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello Everyone,

I just got back from the doctor and Alex is doing great.

I've gained 5 1/2 pounds since getting pg (5 of which I had lost in the beginning!!).

Lauren: I'm glad that you are feeling better. Whoa, Thursday is day after tomorrow. Like only two days away. You are so calm. I hope I'm that calm when my time gets here. Natural? God Bless You. I'm at the stage of wanting every drug they will give me.

Tech: Cool on the phone. Good for you for getting the quilt done. I started one once but I never got it finished. I was just quilting over a pattern that was already in the material. I think I kept it a couple years and then threw it out during a move.

Liz: Good job staying away from the wine. Funny post!!

Gonna go take a shower. Have a great evening.
Closed Thread