Old 02-16-2010, 12:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 315/284/onederland

Height: 5'6"

Default Salmon

I'm planning salmon for dinner tonight, which is far from my favorite fish. I really want to like it more, but I just don't. The exception is salmon patties using canned salmon, I love that. So, I'd love to hear your favorite way to prepare salmon. Maybe it will inspire me.
Blairsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:58 PM   #2  

We eat a lot of salmon, but it's not my favorite fish either (halibut would be my favorite ). The easiest way I prepare it is on the foreman grill. I mix some olive oil, minced garlic, and seasoning on a plate, dip both sides of the salmon in that and then grill it for 3 to 5 minutes (depending on the thickness). It's done when it flakes easily.
siobhanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:31 PM   #3  
Call me Finki =)

S/C/G: 400/300/155

This one of my favorite salmon dishes. It is so quick, easy, and yummy! The mayonnaise tames down the fishiness of the salmon so even people who don't like salmon enjoy this recipe.

Parmesan Baked Salmon

1/4 cup KRAFT Real Mayo Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/8 tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne)
4 salmon fillets (1 lb.), skin removed
2 tsp. lemon juice
10 RITZ Crackers, crushed (about 1/2 cup)

HEAT oven to 400°F.

MIX mayo, cheese and pepper until well blended; set aside.

PLACE fish in shallow foil-lined pan; drizzle with lemon juice. Top with mayo mixture; spread to evenly cover fish. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs.

BAKE 12 to 15 min. or until fish flakes easily with fork.
Gelene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default Salmon-Veggie Bake

I love salmon, and the way I prepare it is ridiculously easy and comes out perfect almost every time:

Salmon-Veggie Bake
1 3-4oz. salmon filet, skin on
1-2 cups chopped and sliced veggies (red bell, zucchini & red onion is my favorite combo, but use any veggie you love)
2-4 slices of fresh lemon, orange or lime
fresh or dried herbs (thyme is what I usually go for)
salt, pepper, other seasonings to your taste (Garlic Salt works really well)

Preheat oven to 350. Tear off a rectangle of foil, making sure it is big enough to wrap all your ingredients with some wiggle room. Spray foil with a bit of cooking spray. Lay your fish in skin side down (I like to put a couple slices of citrus down under the fish as it allows steam to flow). Season the fish with salt, pepper, garlic salt, Mrs. Dash, whatever, just be sure to season it. Lay your cut veg on top and on the sides. Finish the pile with fresh herbs. Bring up the two long sides of the foil and fold over twice to make airtight-ish, leaving a bit of space on the top. Roll and fold the remaining sides to make a packet. Place the packet on a cookie sheet, and pop the whole thing in the oven 20-30 minutes, depending on the thickness of the cut of fish.

calories depend on the size of fish and what veg you use, but generally come out to about 250 calories if you stick to 4 oz of fish, and don't eat the skin.
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

My favorite is grilled on a fry pan with a tiny bit of oil - topped with dill, garlic and lemon.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 270/208.6/165 (HW285)

Height: 6'

DH and I really like salmon. I marinade it in lemon juice (fresh squeezed) and dill for about 15 minutes, then cook it in a non-stick skillet sprayed with Pam. yummy, yummy, yummy!
mkyice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:58 PM   #7  
Artsy Fartsy Girl

S/C/G: 268/226/185

The only way I like it is sushi/sashimi (YUM) or done over a charcoal grill.
dolphinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:40 PM   #8  

Tonight, I marinaded it in fresh minced garlic and lemon, the cooked it in a non-sick pan w/ a touch of olive oil. I squeezed lots more fresh lemon juice over it on my plate , which it what I think really makes it better, imo. Still, I agree that halibut is a MUCH more preferable fish.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:46 PM   #9  

I think I could lose a lot of weight eating salmon, as it really turns me off my whole dinner by the time I've choked down half.