South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 05:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Tuesday Chick Chat

Good morning chickies!

I haven't seen Okie...where are you, Okie?

Jenn - love the new picture! Sorry to hear the hotel stunk!

Chelby - ahhh, the thrills of SBD...glad you enjoyed the Mardi Gras, and good for you for jumping right back on. You too, Lexiss!

Good morning all chickies!

I'm up ready to get on the treadmill. On the bad side, I haven't eaten as well as I should in the last couple months, on the good side...I started getting up early in December, and am still at it! Not bad for short days, huh?

I just heard the snow plows go by. A disappointingly low amount of snow . But, I'm waiting to see if DS has a delay or not, there's a lot of country roads in the district.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 02-16-2010, 05:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Twynn, and those to come.

Twynn, we didn't end up with much snow, either, although when it first started it came down heavy. I'm not disappointed, though.

I've been watching the Olympics, and I'd better go catch up in the threads to see what you've all been doing.

BBL!
Old 02-16-2010, 05:59 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Twynn. Wow, great job getting on that treadmill in the morning. I am impressed by people who can do more than drink coffee and stare at the news in the morning

Cottage - at first read I though you were disappointed! Couldn't figure that one out because I know you have had plenty already.

We are in the pre-snow should we or shouldn't we phase of the storm. Schools are closing now but there's no snow in the air yet. That leaves me debating. I've had the unfortunate experience of driving in more than once only to find the roads getting worse by the mile and then being at the office as the snow piles up. I've got a couple of hours to decide but it does look like the snow is heading our way. Maybe I'll start with opt for a late start and then watch the storm.

Stop by and have a cup of coffee before your day begins. How are things shaping up where you are?
Old 02-16-2010, 06:35 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow! Three of my favourite people beat me to it. That's OK - the daily isn't the Olympics and Canada is doing OK. Cottage, Twinn and Cyndi, I hope the snow doesn't amount to much. You have had enough this year.

Yesterday was a delightful afternoon! I did niggles in the morning - even fixed my camera - and Holly brought over the new puppies (5 weeks) in the afternoon. Of course a bunch of my friends had to come over to see them so we sat around, sipped a bit of wine, cuddled puppies and did the "Awwwww" thing. Disney and Jazz but not really enthused.

This morning I run the Good Food Box programme which will take up my morning, plan to have lunch with Claire, do pet therapy mid afternoon and have two things tonight - Pancake day supper and a meeting re fund-raising for the Sweden trip. I hope to work in some quilting and Olympics during the day.

I am NOT complaining. I read an article the other day that said people who are bored die sooner than those who are enthused.

Someone asked the other day about figure skating. When you grew up in Ottawa in the 1940's, you almost had to skate or lose your citizenship. We had the Rideau Canal and every schoolyard had a rink. There was also the Minto Skating club that was quite famous. And then there was Barbara Ann Scott.
I still have skates and just may try them out - carefully - one of these days as both Lakes are frozed solid and skating areas have been cleared.

So there's the history lesson of the day. We now resume normal kvetching!
Old 02-16-2010, 07:09 AM   #5  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all!!!
Looking forward to my last Mardi Gras Holiday day off from work. We decided not to go to N.O. today. We'd be dragging tomorrow and it's COLD out there!
Will just putter around here today.

Went to see Avatar yesterday afternoon. Wow. I'm not into sci fi stuff, but my husband is and since he always goes to "girl movies" with me, I decided we'd go see something he'd like even though I knew I wouldn't. wrong! That movie was unreal. Really enjoyed it.

Hope everyone has a great day no matter what your plans are.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I just remembered today is Shrove Tuesday, better known as Faschnot Day around here. Faschnots are lard laden donuts, deep fried in even more lard and covered in cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar. I used to like them, but now I find them disgusting, thanks to SBD. They are probably going to be everywhere today.

Ruth, I find it hard to believe that you didn't succumb to adopting a baby sister or brother puppy for Jazz and Disney.

It's snowing. Again.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:13 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I've been up for a bit and decided to do a 10 min pick up while coffee was brewing; then the troops started moving so we've been outside and pups have had their breakfast.

Twynn, thanks for getting us started. I'm so ready for spring.

Cottage,

Cyndi, I hope your day is smooth sailing whatever the weather.

Ruth, thanks for sharing your skating history. I loved skating when I was young and occasionally skated in Alaska. I agree, busy is a good thing.

Hi, Cat. Glad to hear you saw Avatar and enjoyed it. We haven't been yet. Happy puttering!

Me, water aerobics then paperwork and a dog therapy meeting at noon. I need to get the planner out and see when we need to travel again-hopefully we can get by here for another week.

Enjoy your day, everyone!
Old 02-16-2010, 07:28 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning:

Twynn - Thanks for getting us started. Have a great run.

Linda - For some reason this year I just have not been watching much. I am taping all the main events and fast forwarded through some skating. Maybe it is partly because I find that sitting in front of the TV can lead me to snack?

Cyndi - Be safe! Yesterday someone at the gym was complaining about our winter, which has seemed long and is snowier than usual. But I told her we cold be on the east coast! She stopped complaining.

Ruth - You are so busy! And do so many great things for others I have also seen many times that the people who live the longest have lots of social connections; and it sounds like you do

Cat - Glad you liked the movie. Did you see 3d? I regret that we didn't - they were all sold out when we went.

Debbie - Do you do the water aerobics outdoors?

So last night was the first time (or second maybe) since back on SB 6+ weeks that I have not gotten up to pee at night. Some nights I even go twice. I wonder if it could be cause and effect from the OP bread I ate for my evening snack. Anyone find bread makes them retain water? No weight gain per the scale, fortunately.

Have a great day all.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:31 AM   #9  
-

Karen, yep, saw it in 3D...at first I was thinking "oh, no, I have to wear cardboard glasses!" But, they were plastic like 1950's sunglasses. It was cool..even the previews for other stuff were in 3d. I loved it.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:32 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Ahh, back after my Wii yoga. I definitely like the Biggest Loser yoga routines, though glad it was on sale.

Ruth - I used to love skating. I grew up in the Peggy Fleming era. We walked to the skating rink everyday all winter and had the haircuts I still have skates but no one to go with so haven't been in years.
I'm also impressed that you didn't add a puppy to your family.

Cat - Enjoy your relaxing day at home

Debbie - Are you starting garden plants? Anything new and interesting this year? (I would much rather talk about gardens than snow storms )

Well it looks like this storm is going to be more PR than problem so I better get moving. Have a good day all
Old 02-16-2010, 07:34 AM   #11  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Laisses Les Bon Temps Roullier!
Let the Good Times Roll!

It's Mardi Gras! But, since I'm in Alabama, it's just another day.

Twynn, Good for you and your treadmill!

Cottage, Did your hubby get the grill fired up this weekend?

Cyndi, I can't imagine anything worse than being stuck at work or in the car in a snow storm. Scary!

Ruth, Thanks for the history lesson. I asked about skating. I thought about you when the kid from Canada won the Gold last night. If I would have known the words to your anthem, I would have sang, too.

Debbie, You need to travel south next time.

Cat, Enjoy your last day off! Will you have school on Ash Wednesday?

Me: I'm starting to wish my life away. Tired of being cold and ready for spring! It snowed again last night. You Northern Chickies are tough!

Auston just got up. We need some snuggle time. Happy Fat Tuesday!
Old 02-16-2010, 07:47 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Karen, we have the greatest year round pool in the world; Hot Springs Pool, it's too bad you're not coming a little further west.

Cyndi, we used to watch PF train at the rink in Colorado Springs. I don't start garden plants, for lack of space. I usually buy at our botanic gardens or sow right into the ground. I'd much rather talk about plants. How about you?

Chelby, enjoy your snuggle time. I would love to do more travelling, but have these special needs dogs. 3 days was a big deal for leaving them with someone else. Wish I could pack the car and travel with them, but sadly, I absolutely detest driving.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:16 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks! Back to work today, but not back to school! Although I worked last week, it was very quiet with the government off. They should all be back at it today, and trying to catch up, so should be hectic. Kids are home AGAIN. We only got a dusting yesterday, so I guess this is still due to clean up from last week.

Cat, we saw Avatar over the weekend. I loved it too. Very cool. There are a lot of movies in 3D these days, seems like all of the kid movies are.
cottage, guess we managed to send the snow to Cyndi this time around! A lady at my mom's church makes Faschnots every year and my mom always brings us some. Fortunately, I don't care for them. I tried your butternut squash lasagna - got leftovers for lunch, yum!
Chelby, did you know they named Fat Tuesday after me? Bundle up, and quit wishing your life away.
Be careful, cyndi, hope it doesn't turn to be much snow.
Debbie, that lodge looks amazing. When I come to visit you, that's where I'll stay.
Tammy, you're disappointed?
Ruth, I skated a little when I was young and fearless. It just scares me now because I'm a klutz and would surely break something. It looks so fun, though.
Karen, your bladder should adjust somewhat. I still sometimes get up at night, but not too often. I do try to do most of my drinking early in the day.

Have a good one! I'm going to go try to figure out how to do a whole chicken in the crock pot.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 02-16-2010 at 08:27 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:33 AM   #14  
-

Chelby, no day off tomorrow..I teach at a public, not a "Catlic"
Which reminds me...when I was a kid, I thought there were just 2 religions..you were either a "Catlic" or a "Public". Kids think the weirdest things! I've been thinking about what I'm "giving up" for lent...kind of hard when I've already given it all up already. BTW, live streaming of MG at http://www.wwltv.com

Last edited by femmecreole; 02-16-2010 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:15 AM   #15  
Be happy.

Good morning friends!

I'm checking in from my parents' house in Massachusetts this morning. The snow has just started here. I'm getting my "snow fix" but I have to go to the grocery store this morning, so hopefully that won't take away my snow joy. lol

My mom and dad are always so good about trying new foods when I visit. They tell me to cook whatever I like and they'll eat it. I'll fix tried and true (they love the broccoli cheese soup, salsa chicken and spaghetti squash Italian pie) but I figure this is my big chance to try Cottage's butternut squash lasagna.

Ruth, you're younger than my mother but you two have a lot in common. She and I are hoping to go snowshoeing later on this afternoon, and we skate together on the pond here every winter. She's had to cut back on her activities recently because of my dad's health but like you, she enjoys being out and about and would give her shirt to anyone who needed it. I sure wish she enjoyed the computer more - she always asks about my "friends on 3 Fat chicks". lol

As always I enjoyed reading through everyone's posts. It's fun knowing what's going on in your lives. I don't have time to send a personal to everyone - gotta get to the store.

Enjoy your Tuesday!
Closed Thread