Height: 5'5 and a half!

Default LAWL Friends & Losers Feb 15-21

Morning all!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Good morning!

Hi ladies and maybe Dan. We've been without our salt police for awhile, and I've found myself eating more and more salt! I did think that Dan would not approve before I ate the Chinese food on my birthday, but I did it anyway (it was delicious but my feet swelled up afterwards).

I've managed two good weekends in a row. Counting calories has been working for me for a time. I know I can't keep it up for long, and I'll go back to LAWL soon, but it has been good for my focus to shift a bit. When I go back to LAWL, I think I am going to need to journal my food and weigh and measure everything for awhile. I bought some of those full bars at Costco, and I'm going to try to eat those before lunch and dinner instead of bars and see how that works for me. I had one last night before dinner and I was full with not a lot of food.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:19 PM   #3  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Hey All,

How was everyone's V'day?

We had a pretty good time. Finally watched Avatar but it was worth the wait. Stayed up late last night drinking red wine with cheese and dark chocolate. I am glad today is a holiday in canada...woke up late with a mild hangover had a lazy breakfast and did some cleaning...bathroom, etc. I don't think I'll make it to the ym today but I had quite a lot of exercise with all that cleaning so feeling pretty good about myself!

Later...
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:20 PM   #4  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

I posted this last week and wanted Kimphin to see my msg.....I was teasing her about my latest plan:

"Kim - due to snow, I missed my spin class today...I am bummed. Also, I'm doing QWLC (quick weight loss center) - very similar to LAWL - they have been in the atlanta area a long time and I'm actually going to a center that appears to be quite reputable. The counselors are a bit more mature than those I had at LAWL and really know their stuff.

Since I'm snowed in today, I am cleaning my laundry room closet and want to paint it and make it nice. A friend had a stencil in hers that I also bought (online) and it says: "Laundry Room - Sorting out Life One Load at a Time".

Old 02-15-2010, 05:38 PM   #5  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone,

I'm still around...been lurking. Started working again a couple of weeks ago and this is the first week I am basically on my own so we'll see how it goes. I wish it was a long weekend here but only certain provinces have adopted the new stat holiday and we are not one of them.

Valentine's was no biggie for me but thats usual for the last few years lol

I haven't been doing too badly food wise. I can't leave work through the day so what I take with me I have to eat or go hungry so thats been a big help. No vending machines or anything to worry about.

Thats about it for me right now. Not a whole lot new. I'll keep checking in though!

Alannah
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:35 PM   #6  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

Hello everyone!

Barbara - I am the same with salt.. it makes my hands swell and I hate it! I have been trying to watch my sodium intake too. I have also been trying counting calories.. its a little more difficult for me to wrap my head around since I am so used to LA. So I have kinda been mixing both together. Its been working pretty good.

MJ - Wasn't Avatar awesome? My DH and I went to the IMAX to see it. I love sci-fi type movies. V-day was ok.. my DH works off-shore and is gone a week at a time so I was alone. We are going to celebrate v-day/anniversary next weekend though

Alannah - I wish my job didn't have vending machines! I have to avoid the room in the school that has them. I have given in one too many times when I was hungry
shortandfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:50 AM   #7  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni135 View Post
I posted this last week and wanted Kimphin to see my msg.....I was teasing her about my latest plan:

"Kim - due to snow, I missed my spin class today...I am bummed. Also, I'm doing QWLC (quick weight loss center) - very similar to LAWL - they have been in the atlanta area a long time and I'm actually going to a center that appears to be quite reputable. The counselors are a bit more mature than those I had at LAWL and really know their stuff.

Since I'm snowed in today, I am cleaning my laundry room closet and want to paint it and make it nice. A friend had a stencil in hers that I also bought (online) and it says: "Laundry Room - Sorting out Life One Load at a Time".

Changed your mind about waiting 2 weeks to spill the beans? LOL. Well, according to your ticker it seems to be working! 20 years ago (yikes) I did something called Weight Loss Clinic - not sure if it is the same concept or not. I only had about 20 lbs to lose then and it worked. Ah, the good ole days!

I have officially been working out 4-5 days per week for about 5 weeks. I have lost a significant # of inches, but hardly any weight. I have mixed feelings about that - I love working out and feeling SO much stronger, yet I am royally p***ed at the number on the sclae. I am going to buckle down on the food side and see what happens.

I am thinking about cutting my hair( well, having it cut) and am STRESSING about it! LOL - So, maybe I shouldn't get it cut then. DH is ready to kill me because I am constanly looking at hairstyle magazines and asking him "what about this? what about this one?" My hair is the longest that it has been in years - about 3 inches longer than in my picture - I am thinking about a long bob. I told DH that it isn't the hair that is bothering me, it is my fat face!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:30 AM   #8  
WonderWoman

morning all. lots going on in my world..making me even more busy that i was before. so my anxiety and stress levels are through the roof!

kim--buzz it all off and start over! it's a wonderful feeling. very empowering and no fuss at all. i love that i have new hair to start all over with and to do whatever i want with! your DH will definitely love it since you won't be talking about your hair all the time! ha!

anyways, things are busy and i must go. hope everyone is well.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:41 PM   #9  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Morning everyone! Well I worked out 5 days last week and am very proud of myself. My only downfall was that I had chocolates on Valentines day. I got flowers, an Olympic Hoodie and chocolates. It was awesome! I guess he loves me. We also went to Avatar on Friday night and it was fantastic and I dont even watch Sci-fi type movies.
I am back on my treadmill tonight and I really need to do more weights as I am top heavy and weights is supposed to be better than cardio. I am really determined to start looking great!
Today is the beginning of the week as yesterday was Family day for us. My husband had to work but my daughter and I went and had our hair done. I am blonde again, yippy!
Okay well have a great day everyone. I am going to stay OP this week!!!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:08 PM   #10  
Joan

Just got an email from LAWL wanting to know how I am and to see what I thought of their program. Funny how things happen as I was just thinking that if I dont succeed on my own, I am going to go back as I really am wanting to do this right now. I am full of determination to look great! I havent decided whether I should go back to the center or not. I dont do their bars or supplements as I used to just go weigh in but I do like being accountable to someone so I need to think about this. hmmmm
I know if Jillian lived here, she would kick my a$$. haha Too bad she is so far away!

Joan

Sorry I just thought I would share my thoughts that I was having!
Old 02-16-2010, 08:52 PM   #11  
WonderWoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoochie View Post
Just got an email from LAWL wanting to know how I am and to see what I thought of their program. Funny how things happen as I was just thinking that if I dont succeed on my own, I am going to go back as I really am wanting to do this right now. I am full of determination to look great! I havent decided whether I should go back to the center or not. I dont do their bars or supplements as I used to just go weigh in but I do like being accountable to someone so I need to think about this. hmmmm
I know if Jillian lived here, she would kick my a$$. haha Too bad she is so far away!

Joan

Sorry I just thought I would share my thoughts that I was having!
yes, I would be more than happy to kick your a$$ for free Joan!

if you feel that you need accountability to stay on track for a bit, then do it! whatever it takes. or if you can find a local buddy to keep tabs with, that's a good idea too.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:56 AM   #12  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Well, I did it, - cut the hair. Suprisingly, I like it. Took about 8-10 inches off. Oohh - gotta go weigh, maybe I finally lost! LOL. I'll submit pics at some point - no camera with me now.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:12 AM   #13  
WonderWoman

awesome kim! btw..i lost no weight when i buzzed all 24 inches of my hair off! ha! anyways, glad you did it and can't wait to see the pics!

i'm still going at it with my continuous exercise and eating. losing inches, but currently stuck on the WL front. oh well. i feel amazing and that's all that matters to me right now.

also, if you haven't done so yet, PLEASE check out my NAMI Walk link in my signature. It's such an amazing organization and any donation is appreciated!

Last edited by JLem311; 02-17-2010 at 09:15 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:48 AM   #14  
Joan

Kim- Yes put pictures up. Do you love it?

Hey what is the plateau breaker program at LAWL. Does anybody know?

I worked out for 40 minutes last night and felt terrific. yeah me!!!

Joan
Old 02-17-2010, 02:41 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Jillian, I suppose hair weighs a lot less than just normal day to day fluctuations in weight. Stress is probably keeping the scale from moving. So take some deep cleansing breaths and just remember to not sweat the small stuff. You only get one trip through life, so I choose to spend mine dwelling more on the joys than the trials of life. Well most days... Sometimes I have to remember to count my blessings instead of my burdens.

Kim, You got me looking at my hair and thinking of a cut. I won't tell my DH it was you, since he never ever thinks I should cut my hair. My "bangs" are 4 inches past my chin now though, so it may be time.

Joan, At least you have a center to go back to. I might go back if they existed, but they don't.

I've been using the full bars, which you eat 30 minutes before meals, and they are really super filling.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote