South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-15-2010, 01:26 PM   #1  
Diet Started: 1/4/10

S/C/G: 164/ticker/99

Height: 5'0"

Default After I eat up the food in the house...

I think I'm going to jump on the SBD wagon. I did it once, almost two years ago, but only stuck with it for about three weeks. It left me really hungry... So I tried doing my own, less-strict SBD recently, but jeez! I seriously need the structure and strictness that SBD offers.

First I have to eat up all the food I've already bought though! Which could take a couple weeks. I hereby ban myself from grocery shopping until my cabinets and fridge are free from temptation!!
Wild Vulpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:07 PM   #2  
Be happy.

First of all welcome!
We're a friendly bunch and it's great to know you're going to join us.

Secondly, while you're eating up all the food in your house take some time to check out the FAQ's and recipes here. And maybe browse the On Plan threads to see what the rest of us are eating. One of the things I love most about South Beach is that I never have to be hungry.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:13 PM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!

When I hopped on the SBD wagon, it was also because I had been following "my own plan", which wasn't working too well. I hear you, being on a budget and all.You've bought things you want to use up. You can use the time to really read up on things and plan ahead.

I do agree with Heidi, that you don't have to be hungry on SBD. Hopefully, now that you've plugged in here, you will enjoy better success!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

I was not able to clear my house because my DH and sons still eat the other stuff. But when our next empties in another year and a half - I am cleaning out all the bad stuff and hopefully DH will not buy any new. I started this, my third and last SB diet, right before New Year's and left fudge and goodies from the holidays sitting on the counter for the guys in the house. It was time for me. I have not cheated once since then

But I can appreciate you wanting to eat what you have and agree with the other chicks that this will be a great chance for you to prepare. And stock up with the right foods! That is key. And visit here often - that helps me a lot.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:31 PM   #5  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

If you were hungry on SB you probably weren't eating enough or as often as you needed to. I'm rarely hungry on SB unless I've gone too long between meals at work. Make sure you read up on the latest changes if you haven't been on SB for a while. Good luck!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:18 PM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

to the Beach!

Remember to read the FAQ and Appoved Foods Lists before beginning as things have changed! There is NO WAY you should be hungry on this diet -- and I don't think it's all that strict. Well, maybe those pesky first 14 days

Glad you are here and hope you enjoy the beach! If it were me, I'd donate the bad food and get started sooner rather than later. Nothing like getting healthy now!

Last edited by jenne1017; 02-15-2010 at 10:19 PM.
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:34 PM   #7  
Diet Started: 1/4/10

S/C/G: 164/ticker/99

Height: 5'0"

Thank you all for the warm welcome

I'm actually happy to hear that I shouldn't have been hungry. When I did it so long ago, I didn't have the same knowledge and tools that I do now, and with that I didn't know that feeling deprived was bad. I'm looking forward to starting back up, but I definitely don't want to give or toss the food I already have. But you've all made a fine point that it gives me time to prepare! I'll be sure to comb over the FAQs and recipes and start making up a shopping list.
Wild Vulpix is offline   Reply With Quote