I think we are ready for a new one.
Diane
Old 01-12-2003, 10:28 AM   #2  

I think you are right...thanks!
Old 01-12-2003, 10:41 AM   #3  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

hey guys, been off the computer for a couple of days so i'm trying to catch up. xytx, guys can be such a$$es sometimes, even with the best intentions. sorry your guys shook you up before the big test. glad to hear everyone else is staying on program and doing well. spring manor, i think you said you were down almost four pounds, excellent! you've done really well on the program, and i really admire you getting down to it again.

everything is okay with me...had a little bit of a binge day last thursday...which is about normal considering TOM arrived on saturday. was down a little bit at weigh-in yesterday though, so i'm happy. had an excellent meeting with the LAWL counselor. talked about switching programs, exercise, food, etc. realized that some of the food i've been using to get my protein in may be hurting me. i'm a big believer in frozen chicken breasts, fish, etc. turns out that a lot of that stuff has a sodium like preservative in it that may be causing me to retain extra water. now i've determined to buy fresh when it's on sale, and freeze it myself in individual serving sizes. also realized that i'd inadvertently been cheating myself out of protein. for some reason, i was only getting 6 ounces of chicken and turkey when i'm supposed to get 8. i guess i got confused with all my measuring.

well, i'm on the road again for a while, so i probably won't be posting until mid-week. lets all try and stay on program!!!
Old 01-12-2003, 11:30 AM   #4  

I never looked at the sodium content on the frozen chicken breasts until I joined LAWL. I was shocked!! I buy the fresh breasts when they are on sale and freeze them 2 breasts/package. Enough for both my fiance and I....or two meals for me. Sometimes 3 meals when the breasts are large!
Old 01-12-2003, 08:22 PM   #5  

Thanks for the support, ladies. We had "the talk." I got everything out, and things are better now. AND I managed not to eat everything in sight that evening. I think correcting my bingeing behavior before it started helped me feel a little more empowered about the whole ordeal.

I buy mass quantities of meat (usually lean chicken breasts and ground turkey) at BJ's (like Sam's Club) and freeze them until they're needed. My counselor at LAWL also warned me about the sodium. I had no clue! I am horrible at cooking, so I usually cook up a couple pounds' worth of turkey burgers and just flavor them with different things every meal. I am a big fan of buffalo sauce. It's almost like eating buffalo wings. I also do lemon juice sometimes, or fat free italian dressing.

My mother sent me a copy of the Body For Life audiobook, and I've listened to the first 30 min. or so. I am not sure what I think yet. People on this site swear by it. I'm particularly interested in the combination of high protein intake (like LAWL) and weightlifting. I'm thinking about trying their workouts.

I haven't been able to start WW yet because of the class, but I only have 2 more weeks left. AND they're running a free registration deal, so Kevin and I will be there as soon as my class finishes
Old 01-13-2003, 10:14 AM   #6  

Good Morning Everyone...

Just wanted to post a quick post. These past few days have been pretty stressing on me. On Thursday night, it seems that my husbands mother and sister wanted to create drama. So when they create drama my husband is usually pulled in the middle and when it happened this time I choose not to keep quiet. Which caused some discussion between us. Not really an argument but some issues that we need to take care of. And from this I just didn't feel like eating dinner so I went to bed.

Then on Friday night I went to the hospital to visit my uncle who has been diagonsed with cancer. He has been in the hospital since Dec 26th and I just have not been able to visit. So when we left hospital I was too upset to eat so I didnt eat dinner again.
But I have been to the hospital several times since Friday and I am glad that I decided to go.

Well I went to weigh in on Saturday and our center was a complete mess. We only had one counsler working. It seems that everyone called in sick with the stomach flu. Well I was told to weigh my self and that we would talk next visit. So I didn't get to ask about the blood work. Well when I weighed my self I was down 3lbs. That is great but I am not sure it was done the healthy way. I didn't eat dinner those two nights. I will weigh in tonight and we will see what happens.

Thanks for listening..or I should say reading...it has felt good to get some of it off my chest...I would bore you if I went into detail.

Will post any gains or loses tomorrow. Keep up the good work and our progress will show.
Old 01-13-2003, 06:26 PM   #7  

Tab:
Sorry about your uncle.
My center was buzy on Saturday, I had to leave and come back.
Diane
Old 01-13-2003, 07:36 PM   #8  

Tab,
I hope your uncle is feeling ok. I had breast cancer in 1990, and know how stessful this is on family and friends. Hang in there.
Kathie
Old 01-14-2003, 08:07 AM   #9  

Good Morning Everyone.

Thanks for all the support. Some days are good and some days are bad. It is a good thing that my mom has a large family because someone is with my uncle at all times. Thanks again it really means alot. Keep our family in your prayers.

I went to weigh in last night and I was up 1lb and that is due to the fact of me not eating dinner for 2 nights. I was starving my body. I still lost the 2lbs so that is still keeping me on track. I am down a total of 22lbs since November 6th. I only have 6lbs to go. These will be the hardest 6lbs.

Well today is my husbands b-day. We are going to dinner with his father tonight. Not anything really fancy we are saving that for Saturday night. On Saturday night we are going to Morton's Steakhouse. It is his favorite resturant and since it is so exensive we only go there on special occasions. Of course I don't mind going because I just love chocolate and they have this dessert call Godiva Chocolate Cake and it is just pure heaven. We are going with friends and I will not be sharing my cake. Call me greedy but this is just one of the things that I refuse to give up. Might set my weight back a little but I am prepared for it.

Everyone have a great day.
Old 01-14-2003, 08:52 AM   #10  

Tab,

You and your uncle are in my thoughts. I'm glad he has so many people who care for him. Congratulations on your success! 6 pounds to go!! That must feel incredible. I know we're not supposed to, but I don't think it would be possible to be successful in a weightloss plan without a little cheat every once in awhile. Enjoy that Godiva Chocolate Cake

I considered it a success when I noticed that I began planning for a treat days in advance. Before, I'd order a dessert wherever we went for dinner, no matter if it looked really delicious or not. I felt almost compelled to finish up dinner with something sweet. I think that way of eating made me forget that sweets are occasional treats, and something to enjoy. They were just part of the meal to me. I consider this progress.

I'm back down to my "fighting weight" these days, but having trouble losing. I'm so busy, it's pretty easy to stay OP. I'd love to see the 140's before Valentine's Day I can't recall a time when I weighed in the 140's. I need a boot in the butt to get to the gym, because that's what broke my last plateau.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:19 AM   #11  

I haven't been on the boards for a few days. I had a birthday and ate out twice and had cake at work. Put me up a pound, but that is over and I am back OP. I have been so busy that it has been hard to get my workouts in.

I am sorry for all the challenges some of you have in your lives. We are here to listen and hope it helps. It seems like everyone is getting along okay and staying mainly with the program.

Spring is coming -- faster than we think! It will give you a kick start to imagine getting into a pair of shorts.
Hannah
Old 01-14-2003, 03:17 PM   #12  

Went to the center yesterday and was up .8 I knew it was water(I had 2 chicken wings on Sun.) I went back today and was down 1.4. I am now157.6. I want to get to ABOUT 130. This makes 17.8 for me.
Kathie
Old 01-14-2003, 03:57 PM   #13  

doing great Kathie....keep it up!!

I am going through a refinance nightmare! argh...what a disaster!
Old 01-14-2003, 04:20 PM   #14  
THIS DAY IS MINE!

S/C/G: 254/213/160

Height: 5'8

hey guys, just checkin in to see how things are. won't get weighed until tomorrow. should be the same or a little bit down even with the traveling and tom. tab, sorry to hear about the health problems in your family. my thoughts are with you.
Old 01-14-2003, 05:07 PM   #15  
RFP

Tab
Good luck on the last 6, you must be very proud of yourself!! My thoughts are with you on your uncle.
I went up.6 today. I am PMS, so I'm hoping that's what it is. I have been following the plan, but dinner time is hard. Around 5-5:30, when I'm fixing dinner for everyone is when I want to snack (couple pretzels). I am also having a hard time with my hard candy. During the day I like to have a few pieces, any suggestions.
Closed Thread