Old 02-09-2010, 10:45 AM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default Wow endulgence + alcohol can effect me this much!

I usually endulge in a higher cal meal on saturdays, but for the most part I zig zag so it's accounted for. Well this sat I endulged a bit more than usual and I had 2 fruity martini's and monday I was up 2 lbs from saturday and it's still hanging in there today! Ususally when this happens I've already lost whatever water I'm retaining from the extra cals by tuesday. I guess I should add that last night I had smoked ham for dinner (on plan) so maybe the extra salt is contributing, but geez I can't have a martini or two and keep my momentum. I guess I'll just have to save them for maintenance or accept slower weight loss. I'm just so close, or closer than I've ever been, that I'm really disappointed by the setback. Does alcohol effect this way?
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:06 AM   #2  
Calorie Countin' Fool

S/C/G: 274/ticker/150 for now/137?

Height: 5'6"

I went out a couple weeks ago and drank sevearl bacardi-diet cokes. From what I researched online, a typical bacardi-diet has about 75 calories. I budgeted for about 4-5 drinks in my caloirie budget for the day (no, I was NOT driving, lol). I think it worked because I didn't notice it on the scale. BUT, drinking calories (especially empty calories like alcohol) is NOT as satisfying as eating them. Felt kind of "off" most of the day due to not eating the calories I was planning to drink that night.

Much easier just to not drink...but sometimes we all need to let our hair down a bit!
NorthernExposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I know the feeling all too well! I lost most of my weight by calorie counting and I very rarely touched alcohol. But since I have been living with roomates and my BF and I go out to the bar my weight loss has stopped! I know its because of the driniking. Even if I have a couple light beers on the weekend its amazing how much they add up. 300-450 extra calories just from light beer! Not to mention if I have a mixed drink!!!! I need to cut it out of my eating again. I really didn't think a few would make that much of a difference until I really tracked it this past weekend. I was shocked to say the least!
Kritter is offline   Reply With Quote