Old 02-09-2010, 01:45 PM   #1  
Out is Through

Smile Valentine's Day!

Good afternoon my little chickadees

My boyfriend is planning our day out in Manhattan, he wants to have a winter picnic in Central Park for lunch and we'll go for sushi at night. I'm super excited and I'm glad we can prepare our own food at home and bring it with us for the afternoon. I haven't had sushi in over a year, so although it's not something I incorporate into my "allowed foods" I'll make an exception for the day. He's originally from Florida, and even though I've lived in one of the five boroughs of NYC my entire life I haven't really done much sight-seeing :-P We plan on heading up the Empire State Building to see the wonderful view of the city at night, maybe go for some drinks afterward and just enjoy each others company. We both have jam-packed schedules so we're thrilled Valentine's Day is on a Sunday (the only day we have off together)

What are your plans for V-Day? Are you staying on plan food-wise or giving yourself the "day off"? Do you and your SO exchange gifts? If so, what do you plan on surprising them with?

Stephy
Creeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:07 PM   #2  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

no known plans, but your plans sound great enjoy!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:39 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

My wife is a florist, so we either do our V-day early or late...this year was early, and she took me to see Rent (amazing, and a big part of my formative years, so it was really cool), then we came home and had shrimp cocktail, filet mignon with a balsamic reduction, small baked potatoes, and roasted asparagus with lemon, garlic, and parsley. And sundaes for dessert!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

On Saturday DH and I are having a dinner by the fireplace. He said that I can pick - so, it will be a lamp chop, favorite brown rice, and salad.

On Sunday - we are going to our cousin's house for turkey supper.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:46 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

We don't celebrate valentine's day. I'm just hoping we'll be able to leave the house by then
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:19 PM   #6  
Cyberpunk

S/C/G: 230/215/100

Height: 5'2"

As far as I know, we're just exchanging gifts. Restaurants are too crowded on Valentine's day, and I'm not too keen on going out to them lately, anyway.

I have no idea what he got for me, he ordered whatever it is very early, and has been taunting me about how cool it is since then.

I'm getting him a Kinekt gear ring that he wants really badly, although, unfortunately, it took me so long to convince him to let me get it for him that it's not going to be here by Valentine's Day. ( http://www.kinektdesign.com/products.php )
Technosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:41 PM   #7  
Bodacious Babe

S/C/G: 259/ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technosexual View Post
As far as I know, we're just exchanging gifts. Restaurants are too crowded on Valentine's day, and I'm not too keen on going out to them lately, anyway.

I have no idea what he got for me, he ordered whatever it is very early, and has been taunting me about how cool it is since then.

I'm getting him a Kinekt gear ring that he wants really badly, although, unfortunately, it took me so long to convince him to let me get it for him that it's not going to be here by Valentine's Day. ( http://www.kinektdesign.com/products.php )
Awsome Ring Techno!!!!
He wanted to take me out to dinner on Saturday night, but I suggested we cook together... and rent "Nights in Rodanthe"! hehehe I'm such a GIRL!!! He was all for it... He said he cant' wait to see my face when he gives me my gift.... I'm not sure what that means.. but I have YET to get him anything... we've only been together for 3 months now....and I'm not sure what I want to get him.....
ANY SUGGESTIONS are welcome....I'm just clueless on this... I havent' had a Valentine in a long time.. ................It's nice to have one this year, but I would prefer us just staying home and having a romantic night together...
GiddyupKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:50 PM   #8  
Cyberpunk

S/C/G: 230/215/100

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiddyupKaos View Post
Awsome Ring Techno!!!!
He wanted to take me out to dinner on Saturday night, but I suggested we cook together... and rent "Nights in Rodanthe"! hehehe I'm such a GIRL!!! He was all for it... He said he cant' wait to see my face when he gives me my gift.... I'm not sure what that means.. but I have YET to get him anything... we've only been together for 3 months now....and I'm not sure what I want to get him.....
ANY SUGGESTIONS are welcome....I'm just clueless on this... I havent' had a Valentine in a long time.. ................It's nice to have one this year, but I would prefer us just staying home and having a romantic night together...
Thanks!

Three months? Just get him whatever you feel like getting him! You could do the traditional flowers, candy, and a card, or get him something funny like a silly Valentine's Day stuffed animal ( I actually like these. LOL. ), or offer to cook dinner. Wine? Beer? Something sexy to wear that night? ( For you, for him! LOL. ) A new adult video? ( Either for him, or to watch together, if you're okay with that type of stuff. ) There are lots of options. Of course, there's always the non-romantic route; A new DVD, a game, etc. The present doesn't matter; It's what you make out of that day/night! You'll figure something out, I'm sure!

If it's just a romantic night you'd like, I'd suggest a nice homemade dinner, which you could cook together, the movie, maybe a little dessert, and if you really want to surprise him, go with the sexy nightie! LOL. Alternatively, you could work around the whole "staying home" thing with your gift - Maybe a new pair of pajama pants for him? A new, comfy blanket you two can use to snuggle under? Slippers?

He-he, there are lots of things you can do. I'm not very good with gift-giving, either, so, my suggestions might not be the best. LOL. Just some ideas to get your brain going!
Technosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:41 PM   #9  
Bodacious Babe

S/C/G: 259/ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technosexual View Post
Thanks!

Three months? Just get him whatever you feel like getting him! You could do the traditional flowers, candy, and a card, or get him something funny like a silly Valentine's Day stuffed animal ( I actually like these. LOL. ), or offer to cook dinner. Wine? Beer? Something sexy to wear that night? ( For you, for him! LOL. ) A new adult video? ( Either for him, or to watch together, if you're okay with that type of stuff. ) There are lots of options. Of course, there's always the non-romantic route; A new DVD, a game, etc. The present doesn't matter; It's what you make out of that day/night! You'll figure something out, I'm sure!

If it's just a romantic night you'd like, I'd suggest a nice homemade dinner, which you could cook together, the movie, maybe a little dessert, and if you really want to surprise him, go with the sexy nightie! LOL. Alternatively, you could work around the whole "staying home" thing with your gift - Maybe a new pair of pajama pants for him? A new, comfy blanket you two can use to snuggle under? Slippers?

He-he, there are lots of things you can do. I'm not very good with gift-giving, either, so, my suggestions might not be the best. LOL. Just some ideas to get your brain going!
OMG GIRL!! thank you soo much!!! I'm going with the Romantic night Theme!!! a nice romantic dinner....movie.... and then some FUN!!!
I am always needing a blanket at his house... he freezes me out...
I am going to get him some PJ pants... a blanket for the couch.....a DVD....and get me a Sexy nightie...
SOUNDS PERFECT!!!! THANK YOU girl...
GiddyupKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:57 PM   #10  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

I'm letting him surprise me this year. This will be our first Valentine's Day as a married couple. Usually I ruin surprises like this by asking too many questions. He's a romantic and thoughtful guy, when I just stay out of his way!

I did request no chocolates.
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:46 AM   #11  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

we don't do valentines day either- cause it's my hubbys birthday. we'll probably do something at some other point this weekend- we're taking a four day weekend together - and avoid the crowds on valentines day.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:26 AM   #12  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

This is also my first Valentine's Day as a wife! We have been togather for 4 1/2 years and married 6/6/09. We have talked about a variety of different things and seem to have settled on celebrating Valentines the Friday before when he has had some sleep (he works 24 hours every weekend) and going out for Chinese New Year (February 14 this year) at our favorite Chinese Dim Sum restuarant on Valentines Day. The idea of presents hasn't even occured to me. I definitely will get him something but what? Any ideas on short notice?
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote