Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 07:00 PM   #1  

Default is it okay to have a planned "treat"

Hi,

I was wondering if it's all right to fit in a "treat" food (not every day) as long as the rest of your menu is healthy?

My example of what I ate today (hopefully I'm done with food for today)

breakfast:

2 slices whole wheat toast
2 tablespoons 1 percent fat cottage cheese
8 oz skim milk

snack:
pretzels (one serving-I actually counted out eight pretzles!)

lunch:

one vegetarian soy low fat sausage (boca brand)
one piece whole wheat bread
ketchup

an orange
carrot sticks
water

snack-my cheat-snickers bar

dinner-
vegetarian homemade lowfat bean burrito-fat free refried beans/small whole wheat tortilla, salsa, one TBS. low fat shredded cheddar cheese/ fat free sour cream (2 TBS)

brown rice

water

If I basically stick to something like that, I thought I could work in something less healthy.

Any input or suggestions?

Thanks,
Sherry

dinner
Old 01-10-2003, 07:29 PM   #2  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Suzie...I wouldn't make it a habit to eat a full sized candy bar every day. Put it this way: A Snickers bar has about 220 calories. It takes 3500 calories to make one pound of fat. Assuming you are eating enough to lose a half-pound of fat a week, you'll cancel that loss out with the candy bar per day.

I would, however, encourage maybe a minature Snickers a day or some other small treat. You don't want to deny yourself completely, or you're going to binge when you do decide to treat yourself.
Old 01-10-2003, 07:32 PM   #3  
Five by Five

I agree w/ Jennelle. Maybe not a full-size snickers bar, but the fin size every other day or so should be ok. If you like snickers you may want to look into something like Luna bars or even a low-fat granola bar instead.

Good luck!
Old 01-11-2003, 04:09 AM   #4  
Searching

Talking I think planned treats are fine

As long as you are working it in to your calorie/carb/fat count or whatever your plan it then you should be still at the same negative as long as your not treating it as extra. Does that make sense, if it is in the plan its okay. Outside extra treat not cool, otherwise you'll negate the 1/2 lb. a week loss as Janelle stated.

Miss Chris
Old 01-11-2003, 04:44 PM   #5  
Catwoman

The way WW looks at it you can eat what you like as long as you stick to your points. I used to have snack packs of chips and count them and it I was in points for the day I wasn't cheating. Also exersize was a great way to earn an extra treat. I still lost weight, as long as your getting in less overall cals it will work.
O.k maybe it's not the healthiest way to eat but as you get used to eating well and stay on track the desire for snacks decreases natually. That's what I have found anyway.

Kitty
Old 01-12-2003, 12:41 AM   #6  

i say don't deny yourself, but don't do it everyday! Make sure you keep working out.
Old 01-12-2003, 03:55 AM   #7  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

2 words for you, Sherry:

Snickers Snackers

I think they're called miniatures now, but look into them. You could pop 2 or 3 of them to get the Snickers taste w/o the repercussions of the larger bar.
Closed Thread