Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 06:37 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Diet To Go Buddies 2010

Here's the link to the 2009 thread.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 172/156/145

Height: 5'4"

Talking

Hi hutsella. Welcome I'm sorry, I don't have any seafood allergies. I hope you love DTG as much as I do though. Boy, I wish I had a vacation to look forward too. I bet your gonna look great and have a blast.

As of today, day 7 for me, I'm down 3.5 lbs and down 7lbs from my highest weight.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:07 PM   #3  

Sammyann, congrats on the weight loss, that's fantastic! Keep it up!

Hutsella, there is a 50 cent charge per sub ...but it's allowed us to remain the most flexible meal plan, and give you what you actually want to eat. Instead of just saying "too bad, if you don't like it share with a friend"...we hope you find the small fee worth the price of getting what you want. Oh, and since you're paying for the subs...keep in mind you can let us do the picking and choosing for you, OR, you have the option to choose yourself. Feel free to let us know if you'd like to do that...just choose which dishes you'd rather have and call or email us. At least that way you have total control over what you get. Best of luck to you, and welcome!!!!

Rachel
Old 02-04-2010, 09:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 174/169/145

Height: 5'9

Hello all! Thanks for the warm welcome! I got my first shipment in today and I just cooked dinner (chicken stroganoff, yummy)... it's delish! I don't think is going to be as hard as I thought! Just wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing!
Congrats on the weight loss Sammyann!!!
Old 02-06-2010, 02:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 470/470/250

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone.

I chose DTG after reading over all the posts in the 2009 thread of conversation. My husband chose to go on the diet with me, though he needed the low-fat (he has elevated cholesterol) while I chose the low-carb (I have PCOS and IR). We received our first order last Thursday, so we've been on it for three days now.

I've included snacks my nutritionist insisted I have in addition to the DTG menu (mainly fruit, low-fat dairy, and two servings of high fiber carbs). So far, I'm not hungry, though I've really disliked about half the food. We're going to start adding salads to my meals so I don't wind up hungry an hour later when a side or main protein disagrees with me.

But, what food I have liked, I've enjoyed quite a lot. We're keeping a livejournal with pictures and our take on things as we go along, and I report to my nutritionist twice a month. I'm excited about this as I think it's the missing key is why neither of us has ever succeeded at losing the weight. Removing ourselves from the equation should help a lot.

Saundra
Old 02-06-2010, 05:16 PM   #6  

Hi, everyone--hope all of you east of the Rockies are managing ok with all your weather issues.

Hi, Sammyann, Hutsella and Saundra--it's nice to have you with us.
Hutsella, I'm glad you liked the chicken stroganoff; I didn't care for it much.
But today I had the chicken curry salad and loved it! I also loved the roasted tomato soup and the corn/spinach salad. I'm looking forward to the Italian meatball on fettucini tonight.

How are all of you planning to handle the Super Bowl parties? I'm taking some lower calorie spinach dip and veggies so that I will have something relatively safe to eat. I don't want to ruin my progress because of one afternoon. Good luck to you all....
Old 02-07-2010, 06:07 PM   #7  

Hello,
I want to order the low carb dtg but before i make the plunge i wanted to ask one thing and hopefully someone will help me out

i do not have a microwave at work and was wondering if it would be possible for me to eat the food cold (i'm not worried about the taste) or warm it up in the morning and bring it with me.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:56 PM   #8  

Hi, Lana43083--welcome! I was on the low-carb plan (mail order) and now am on the low-fat plan. THe food on the low carb (mail order) is all pre-cooked and then frozen; it really only needs to be heated so I guess you could eat it cold , but I don't think it would be appetizing at all. THe low carb plan is all meat (beef, chicken, pork, fish) and vegetables. No sandwich type meals. The low fat plan (mail order) so far seems to have some sandwich and other meals which could be eaten cold easier IMO than the low carb.

But if you heated the meal up at home and then put it into an insulated container to stay hot, that might be a lot tastier than trying to eat meat and veggies cold. One of the great strengths of Diet to Go, I think, is that the food is appetizing. Best not to ruin your chances of staying with it because you tried to choke down cold food. IMO
Old 02-08-2010, 01:01 PM   #9  

Thank you for your response.. Yea I was thinking of heating it in the morning and bringing it in an insulated container with me.

I usually eat cold food that's prepared by me.. so I figured anything would be better than that
Old 02-08-2010, 03:13 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 341/209.1/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone! Sorry..went MIA for a week or so but I caught the nastiest stomach virus thing from someone at my work and missed most the week last week. I haven't eaten any of my diet to go food in a week but they were really nice when I told them I needed to stop the food for one week so I could get caught up. I noticed they also gave me a 5 dollar credit for some missing items I had found in two of my meals so that was nice..

I know someone had asked about having to pay for substitutions. I probably sub out 2 to 3 things each week and they have never charged me the extra 50 cents..not sure why but hey I'll take it!

Anyways, I am finally starting to feel better so I should be around again! Hope everyone is doing great!

~Kerri~
Old 02-09-2010, 05:16 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 470/470/250

Height: 5'6"

I had signed up for the low-carb plan, but after one week of that particular menu of food, I've switched to the low-fat. I still have one week left of low-carb (this upcoming week), but Week 3 will be low-fat.

I've been terribly disappointed in the low-carb menu, and while I've tried to be a good sport about it, I'm tired of throwing away 80% of the food. A long talk with my nutritionist, and we think I should do as equally well on the low-fat, and once I made the switch, I felt much better about the whole thing.

Do many people wind up switching between plans once they start?

Saundra
Old 02-09-2010, 05:39 PM   #12  

Welcome to the forum, Saundra. I'm sorry you didn't care for the low carb food. I thinks its great you have the option to change if it doesn't suit you. I do recall some others posting in the 2009 thread that they switched from one plan to another. I happen to really like most of the low carb food but some of it doesn't like me. I tend to be very sensitive to garlic, onions, and cauliflour. All high sulfur foods really. There seem to be a lot of those types of foods on the low carb and there have been several days I felt kind of sick. My body does better with low carbs though so I'm going to see if I can stick with it. If not its nice to have another option though.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:41 PM   #13  

Molliecat, sorry you didn't get any replies to your super bowl question. Did you have fun at the party? We didn't go to any this year which I was kind of glad. I didn't have to worry about the food or drinks.

Welcome to the forum, Lana!

Kerri, I'm sorry to hear you were sick. I hope your back to 100% soon.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:51 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 341/209.1/160

Height: 5'8"

I think people do switch so it shouldn't be a problem. I've been doing the lowfat and I think I may try the vegetarian meals for awhile too because they sound good to me. I haven't tried the low carb ones but I think I may eventually. I love that you can switch it and they are very accomodating! For example, I don't like apple juice and so they never send me apple juice. They send me orange juice instead.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:19 AM   #15  

Hi Everyone!
Well it's been a heck of a week here at DTG and I hope everyone that is local or in the path of this 2nd storm stays safe. Locally we had over 20 inches of snow over the weekend with 10+ forecast through today. It's been rough but our crews worked round the clock to get all meals out this week, phew! It's not over, but hopefully once we get past this next wave things will start to improve!

Switching between plans is no problem at all, we are happy to accommodate! Thanks for all your kind words and remember if you get a dish you don't care for, let us know so we can help you choose a sub for next time.

Welcome to any new members, let us know how you're doing!!!

Take care everyone, and stay safe!
Rachel
Closed Thread