• 1 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
• 2/3 packet active dry yeast
• 1 Tbsp honey
• 1 + 2/3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
• 1 Tablespoons Canola Oil
• 1/3 tablespoon salt
• 1 + 1/6 cups whole wheat flour
• 2 teaspoons butter, melted
• 1 Tbsp flax seed, sunflower seeds, or oatmeal.
• 1 Tbs powdered gluten.
1. In a large bowl, mix warm water, yeast, and 1 Tbsp honey. Add 1 + 2/3 cups whole wheat pastry flour, and stir to combine. Let set for 30 minutes, or until big and bubbly.
2. Mix in 1 tablespoons Canola Oil, and salt. Stir in 2/3 cups whole wheat flour. Flour a flat surface and knead with whole wheat flour until not real sticky - just pulling away from the counter, but still sticky to touch. This may take an additional cup of whole wheat flour. Place in a bowl with some olive oil, turning once to coat the surface of the dough. Cover with a dishtowel. Let rise in a warm place until doubled.
3. Punch down, and place in greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pans, and allow to rise until dough has topped the pans by one inch.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes; do not overbake. Lightly brush the tops of loaves with 2 tablespoons melted butter when done to prevent crust from getting hard. Cool completely