Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-01-2010, 05:48 PM   #1  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 173.5/ 156.6 /145

Height: 5'4"

Default Nutrisystem 2010!

I am new to NS and did not see a support thread just for Nutrisystem. I am ready to start! I have my food and I have to say it looks pretty good! I need motivation and would like to know if anyone else out there is starting for the first time? I will start on this new journey Monday Jan. 4, 2010. Let's get going!:

Last edited by luv2clog; 01-01-2010 at 05:57 PM.
luv2clog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:06 AM   #2  

Hi:
I have been on it for two weeks and have lost 6 1/2 pounds..I am going to reorder for one more month...as now I know what foods I like and some of them I really dislike..The first months it was just hit or miss..
What I would like to know is if anyone on here knows of a plan that mimics this one...It's expensive and I only want to stay on in for another month or two..It's just so easy..and very convenient...If I see I am dropping weight and continue to do so..I may give it more time..Happy New Year..
Lynnwants2bthinagain
Lynnwants2bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:33 AM   #3  
One Day At A Time

Hi Lynn,
I hope I can lose 6 1/2 lbs that quick! I agree with selecting my own food. I am not too excited about the bars for breakfast and lunch. I think they sent way too may of those. So, I will select what I want the next time I order. I ordered the flex plan because it was cheaper so I could see if I would like the food. I am looking forward to this! Good luck to you!
Old 01-02-2010, 09:50 PM   #4  

Good Luck!
melissa026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/199/155

Height: 5'7

I too am about to begin Nutrisystem. I ordered the Flex plan because I thought that it would fit in better with still being able to maintain my normal life. I must say I am pretty excited to begin, but I'm still waiting on mine to arrive. I'm hoping that this will finally be the thing that helps me lose the weight. Best of luck!
only2perfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:42 PM   #6  
One Day At A Time

Hi only2perfect,
I'm with you on trying to find the thing that finally works to get the weight off! Last January I signed up with LA Weightloss and spent around 1000.00 to only lose 10 lbs. I did everything just the way they said and when I didn't lose they said I needed to eat more. So I ate more and I gained! I felt like they were just trying to sell their products. So, this is the one thing I haven't tried...maybe it is the one thing that will work for us. I am excited to start and I think it helps not to have to cook. That way I will spend less time thinking about food. Good luck to us ALL!
Old 01-03-2010, 09:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 155/155/130

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone!
I just signed up to 3FC.... actually stumbled upon it while looking for a review of NS.

I signed up today, so i won't be starting for a couple of weeks. I bought the discount card from costco.com ($279 for 35 days)... so i am waiting for the "gift card" to arrive from costco so i can go online to NS and order my meals. I like the fact that you can order everything individually, so that you are sure you dont get something you know you wont like.

I had planned on doing South Beach diet, but after planning out my first week of meals realized that it just wont work for my lifestyle. I work two jobs (one as a Nursing Home administrator and the other as a Pampered Chef consultant), and between that and trying to schedule time to work out, i just don't see myself sticking to that (too much prep). but since i already bought a weeks worth of SBD-approved foods i plan to stay on phase 1 of SBD to kick start my weight loss while waiting for my NS meals.

I am really excited to get started and i am so excited i found this board!

p.s. I also ordered a pair of Reebok easy tones (they should be here Wed), also bought a 12 pack of 30-minute sessions with a personal trainer (had my 1st session today).
MrsTLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:02 PM   #8  

Hi All:
I ordered two months and got two weeks free. (today).It was very reasonable..I picked all my meals out..I have lost 6.5 pounds in two weeks...I only weigh myself once a week..otherwise it could be upsetting...I am never hungry and after thinking about it for a while..I have to say..OMG it's so easy to do this...
The first month I didn't like so many things..but now I know exactly what I like...It's good to order a few bars for those times you are in a rush btw.
Good Luck to all of you..I did look around at Lean Cusine but just don't want to do the work at this point to figure out a diet..I was a member of WW's in the past..and of course in my opinion it is the best way to live your life..so when I am down a certain amount of pounds I will follow my WW's plan..and eat "normally" but for now this works..
Regards To All..
Lynn
Old 01-03-2010, 11:28 PM   #9  
One Day At A Time

Lynn,
you inspire me! I am a lifetimer at WW. However, I gained my weight back and can't seem to get started with it again. It is the way eat..but, the losing is slow. I am anxious to get started tomorrow!

MrsTLC,
Welcome to our board! We need to help each other and stay motivated. It doesn't matter how good a "diet" is, we will get bored...but, with each other's encouragement we can do this!
Old 01-04-2010, 07:56 AM   #10  
One Day At A Time

Good morning everyone!
It is a new day and here we go! I am excited and ready to get rid of these extra pounds.....good luck to you all!
Old 01-07-2010, 02:49 PM   #11  

I am also a lifetime member of WW's and after a few months on NS I will go back and follow the WW's because it is the best way to eat. I am on NS to give me a jumpstart..but in reality it's not a good way to live for the rest of our lives...Right now it's easy and working..We are having so much snow that I haven't been to the health club (good excuse lol)..But now that I have taken the first step..the diet..I know I have to start moving. Good luck to all of you..Lynn
Old 01-07-2010, 10:18 PM   #12  
Tink is on The Beach

S/C/G: 240/see signature/150

Hi everyone! I did Nutrisystem for 2 weeks in October and lost 6 lbs. Sadly I fell off track and then gained the weight I lost plus some =( So I've had all this food sitting here waiting for me to begin again. This is definitely not a hard diet if you can stick with it! The best part if you have most of your meal ready for you!! I went to a hockey game last night (and had to pass up nachos, fries, and all the other delicious junk food!) and I cooked one the burgers and brough it in a baggie!

TIP: With the lunches that you have to add boiling water, I think it says let it sit for 7-8 minutes, let it sit for at least 10. Also stir it really well before you cover it and sitr a couple more times during the 10 minutes. I used to hate eating these types of meals because some of the noodles were hard! But I worked that kink out!

Also I heard that special K cereal is similar NS cereal calorie wise. Also, I am not a big fan of the chicken noodle soup, so I usually use progresso soup. I think its 60 calories a serving, which is less than the similar NS meal.

So hopefully we all can stick with this diet because we will lose a lot of weight. I am here to give a lot of support, because I know how important it is. Plus I could use some my self. I'm a type 1 diabetic and I need to lose a lot of weight in order to be more insulin sensitive and use less insulin!

So how is everyone doing? Anyone have some favorite meals yet or some foods you can't stand??
TinkFreak117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:38 PM   #13  
One Day At A Time

Hi TinkFreak!
I just started NS this week. The food is actually better than I thought after listening to some reviews. I have done real well with breakfast and lunch and just so so in the evening. Every day is a new day and this will work but it takes dedication to stick with it. With everyone's support we can do this together!
The temperature is in the teens here in Texas and we are not use to that!
Everyone have a great Friday!
Old 01-07-2010, 11:02 PM   #14  
Tink is on The Beach

S/C/G: 240/see signature/150

Hi Marie!

Thats awesome I started NS Monday as well. I went out to dinner though Monday night, so I guess maybe Tuesday should have been my real 1st day =P Geez the teens!! Thats crazy! I'm not sure how cold it is here but it is cold!!! We are expecting 1-3 inches of snow over night! Which is nothing compared to the 12 inches we got 3 weeks ago! It was crazy! Happy almost Friday all!
TinkFreak117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:27 AM   #15  

Hi: It took me a while but I really now which dinners are the best for my taste buds..some of the food I wouldn't feel to a dog..the southwestern wrap..I'm in my office...so not sure that is the correct name is good. They pick the food for you..the free two weeks..I told them I know what I don't like...but it doesn't matter..and you can send it back..My question was why bother to send food that I may not like if I know exactly what I want..but the woman had no answer whatsoever..My second month came today and they forgot the extra week..lol...I am happy with all of the choices I made and toinight I was so happy...as the first month not knowing the foods..I wound up eating a few fork fulls and throwing it away..I find the hamb. to be so dry like cardboard. The chicken breast wasn't so dry. But that was a great idea to take a sandwich with you...Good luck...I'm going to stay on this for two more months than after that I'll decide what my next step is..this is sooo easy..gotta love it...Lynn