Old 02-02-2010, 10:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/Preggo with #2/Have a baby

Height: 5'3"

Default Is anyone struggling with the new program??

I started the momentum plan in late September. I have lost and gained the first 5# I don't know how many times. I can't seem to sustain a weight loss on this plan. I have done WW in the past and had really good success with it when I was really tracking and measuring things out.
Over the holidays I did slack off and ended up gaining a few pounds, but right after Christmas I decided I really needed to get on it. I have been tracking the night before and packing my lunch. I use all of my points and was using the majority of my 35 weekly points. My leader suggested cutting that in half, so I did and had one great week and the next week I gained again (not having changed anything).
I am working out at least 30 min in the morning 5 days a week, and do extra when I can but not always.
Since September I am currently down 1#. Is this totally insane??
I am trying to keep my attitude positive and not just throw it all away, because my bottom line is I am making healthy choices and in the long run it has got to make some difference, right?
I don't know what I need here.....thoughts, a hug, any suggestions?

It is so incredibly frustrating and I feel like I should just quit WW all together, I mean if I am not loosing anything what is the point in paying? but I like the meetings and having a sounding board with my leader, I just don't know how much longer I can keep it going with no lasting results.

Thanks for letting me rant
Katsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 243/237/170

Height: 5'2

I struggled with WW the first two weeks. So I know how you are feeling. It can be really disheartening to being putting forth all the effort with no reward.

Are using a food scale? I know this has helped me so much. I dont know where I would be without my scale. When I eyeball I am always off by at least 3 oz. So I know I cant be trusted yet.

Hopefully someone will have some good advice.

DONT GIVE UP!
Amy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:41 AM   #3  

I do use a food scale, but not faithfully. I got the measuring spoons from WW to help with my portions because I know I can't seem to measure anything right!
I will try to do this more faithfully and see if it makes a difference. Thanks for the thought and encouragement!
Old 02-02-2010, 03:03 PM   #4  

Maybe you aren't eating enough. Are you eating your WPA's and your activity points? Have you changed your activity lately? I have a Heart Rate Monitor, and its the best little investment, because with my weight going down my activity level has to go up! When you are pushing less weight around you need to work harder to make up for the lost pounds! LOL (Doesn't seem fair does it??)

So what used to burn 300 calories before does not anymore, simply because I am lighter! Your body is a very efficient machine and adapts to your exercise routine pretty quickly and it becomes less effective. Change up your activities, or buy a Heart Rate Monitor and *see* exactly how hard you are really working. You may need to amp it up a bit, and at the same time you may need to eat more to cover those activity points!
Kimmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:45 PM   #5  
So Ready

I posted in the wrong thread somehow - sorry! Not supposed to lose pounds from my brain.

Last edited by traceriffic; 02-02-2010 at 06:08 PM.
traceriffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:35 AM   #6  
Proud Mommy

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5 ' 3

Are you using your activity points?if not,you might not be eating enough points,,are you doing cardio or weights?if its cardio,is it high intensity
snapplegirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:44 AM   #7  

I occasionally use my activity points, but only if I am feeling hungry. My extra 35 points my leader told me to cut in half, so trying to stay with half. I use my daily points every day. I guess my bottom line with points is I plan out my day to use all the daily points, if for some reason I am still hungry I will tap into my activity or flex points but try to stay away from them if I am not hungry. I was using all 35 Flex in January and that was when I would go down one week then gain back the next (so my leader said to try cutting them in half).
I did invest in a heart rate monitor for my birthday, it should be here soon and can't wait to try that !
I keep wanting to scale back my daily points (even though it would be against what WW figures out for me- like do 27 instead of 29). Is this a bad thing?
I guess I just don't know if I should stick it out for the month and see what happens or mess around with things. I feel stuck even though I am doing healthy things.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:47 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapplegirl69 View Post
Are you using your activity points?if not,you might not be eating enough points,,are you doing cardio or weights?if its cardio,is it high intensity
I am doing both. Cardio and then I found a kickboxing video that incorperates arm weights. My cardio wasn't super high intensity when I started in January, but this month I started the new Kickboxing one and that is high intensity (this is why I got the heart monitor to see if I am just not doing enough with the activity).
Old 02-19-2010, 09:11 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/136

Height: 5'2"

Are you following all the Healthy Guidelines? Getting in lots of fruits and veggies? If I slack on them my weight loss stalls.

Maybe you could post a sample daily menu? Maybe you aren't using your points to your best advantage?
loriehohlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:04 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/170/145

Height: 5'4"

Are you drinking enough water? A lady at our meeting on Sat. lost 4 pounds and was telling everyone that she had started really making sure that she got more water. I also remembered that the week I lost 3.5 pounds I drank more water than normal, needless to say I am drinking a lot of water this week.
jackie58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:39 AM   #11  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

We started a new plan end November/beg December. Since then I have pretty much lost nothing. I have tried several different things from not using my extra points, to using all my extra points (but not cutting in half), not using AP's/ using ALL my AP's/ using some AP's... ugh! it is SO very frustrating!! On Saturday I nearly had a nuclear melt-down (I screamed and cried so much I actually almost lost my voice ) because once again the scale pretty much stayed exactly the same (though in the week it moved down and I was really quite hopeful for once!).

I'm not sure what to do now - I feel like just saying "screw it" but I know that's not the answer. I need to find a way to focus on ALL of the positives and NOT just the scale result, right now I'm just pissed off

Quitting is not an option so hopefully within a couple of days I'll be fed up with being annoyed and I'll be able to move on.
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:50 PM   #12  

If you don't weigh and measure your food, you don't know how many points are really in it. And what you eat is very important. Are you getting in the 9 HGs every day?
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:45 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 255/241/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi Ladies! Could you give me more info on the heart rate monitors you purchased??
Like brand name,where to buy &cost?
Thanks so much!
Brenda

Last edited by homeschoolmom23; 03-26-2010 at 10:46 AM.
homeschoolmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:50 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/120????

Height: 5'2"

I'm on my first week of ww and notice that its harder than I expected it to be.
mrsmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:14 PM   #15  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

I'd echo what others have said: weighing and measuring is extremely important. Guessing doesn't do it. I was measuring cereal by eye, for example, and thought that 3/4 of the cereal bowl was a serving (aiming for 3/4 of a cup). When I used a measuring cup, I found my "serving" was nearly 2 servings. The bread I'd been counting as 1 point was really 2, etc. If you have 3 or 4 of those a day, it adds up.

It sounds like a pain to measure, but most ofo us eat at least some of the same things over and over, so it doesn't take too long to adjust.

I've struggled with WW (and several other plans!) too, and I"m finally resigned to the fact that it comes down to commitment and changing habits, and it's probably easiest to change habits one at a time, rather than tackling all of them at once. I lost nearly 30 pounds on WW years ago and kept it off for about six years. It was easy and pleasant, and I did it by following the program to the letter.

Good luck, and let us know how you're doing!
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote