Old 01-21-2010, 11:07 AM   #1  
Lil' Old Chick

S/C/G: 229/206/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Seven Pillars of Health?

Has anyone read this book by Don Colbert? I was looking on Amazon and it looks good, has good reviews too. its a Christian based weight loss with tons of healthy information.
Just wondering if anyone enjoyed it.
Me Too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:22 PM   #2  
This is my year!

S/C/G: 291/252/150

Talking Oh My Gosh......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Too View Post
Has anyone read this book by Don Colbert? I was looking on Amazon and it looks good, has good reviews too. its a Christian based weight loss with tons of healthy information.
Just wondering if anyone enjoyed it.

Oh My Gosh!!! Dr. Don Colbert is my mentor. I have a ton of his books. He is fantastic in my opinion. I'm so glad to see his name on this forum. The latest of his books, I just recently picked up and let me tell you it is incredibly informative and awesome.
"I Can Do This Diet" is the name of the book.
If you are seriously thinking about picking up a book or two for weight loss help, please, pick up this one. It is fantastic. I HIGHLY recommend it.

I come from a medical background myself, being in the field for so many years, so the research and medical statistics from Dr. Colbert are well worth the read. Again, my opinion.

Well, obviously, you have stumbled upon a fan of his.

Take care Karen.

KELLI
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:48 PM   #3  
Lil' Old Chick

I am going to the library tomorrow to pick up Pillars of Health. I can't wait to read it. I try to watch him when he is on with John Hagee.
I also saw him on another show taking about his Bible ezine magazine Divine Health.
Is his new book Scripture based also?
Old 02-03-2010, 10:05 AM   #4  

Nightmare, can you give us a brief summary of his new book, I Can Do This Diet?

Last edited by carolr3639; 02-03-2010 at 03:42 PM.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:18 PM   #5  
This is my year!

S/C/G: 291/252/150

Thumbs up "I Can Do This Diet"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolr3639 View Post
Nightmare, can you give us a brief summary of his new gook, I Can Do This Diet?
I wasn't quite certain how to summarize the book, so I thought that I would write down the table of contents.
Section I: Understanding Weight Gain & Weight Loss
1. The Obesity Epidemic: What We're Up Against. 2. The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Losers. 3. Hunger vs. Appetite. 4. Irresistible Foods. 5. How Metabolism Works. 6. The Glycemic Index and Glycemic Load. 7. Carbohydrates: A Case of the Tortoise and the Hare. 8. The Power of Protein. 9. Fats That Make You Fat and Fats That Make You Lean. 10. Beverages: Are You Drinking Yourself Obese? 11. Portion Sizes.
Section II: Getting Ready To Begin. 12. You Have a Choice. 13. All About Commitment. 14. Setting Reachable Goals. Section III: The Program 15. The Eating Plan. 16. Mix-a-Meal. 17. The Power of Snacking. 18. Gut Check: Keeping Tabs on What You're Really Eating. 19. Mindful Eating. 20. Activity Time. 21 Supplementing Your Weight Loss. Section IV: When Weight Loss Stalls or Stops. 22. What's Keeping You From Losing Weight? Take the Test and Find Out! 23. When Weight Loss Stalls or Stops.

On the back of the book is written: "Are you tired of saying, "I can't do that!" when looking at diet programs? Or starting a program full of confidence and excitement, only to revert back to old habits when the plan becomes unsustainable? Forget the old diets that work against your body. It is time to work with you body to lose weight and keep it off for life. By taking advantage of the latest medical breakthroughs, Dr. Don Colbert--New York Times best-selling author of "The Seven Pillars of Health"--helps you design a custom plan you can live with..and stick to. What's more, the program is safe and effective for EVERYONE, regardless of age or medical condition. Different from diets you may have tried in the past, the "I Can Do This Diet" offers an interactive online survey that will help you target hidden roadblocks that often make dieting an endless cycle of losing and gaining weight. Have you tried a new diet only to stop losing weight after a few weeks? Learn why this plateau happens and how to get past it to your desired weight!

How'd I do?!!!!

Hope that this is enough to inspire

KELLI
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:38 PM   #6  
Lil' Old Chick

Thank you Kelli for the review, sounds very interesting.
Oh I wish I didn't need so many diet books, I love to read them for all their information.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/190/140

Height: 5ft

i think i will go get this book too. I need all the help i can get especially with understanding what the body does and what best to eat...
ingrid55 is offline   Reply With Quote