Old 02-02-2010, 03:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Default Trying to get back on the wagon!

Ever since my break up with my fiancee last August, I've been trying to get back on the wagon but my efforts have not been fruitful, not only that, I've put on 9lbs.

For some odd reason I can't eat normally anymore. If I start eatting, then I'd eat from that point till I go to bed and when I'm dieting, I just drink meal replacement shakes. I just can't find that balance and control that I once had when I started my weight loss journey. I feel as if I wasted 5 months and I feel like a total loser not being able to get back on the wagon. I need some suggestions. Please help!

-Lyna
AngelicLyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:15 PM   #2  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

I had a similar problem. I would eat processed and/or restaurant food or protein bars and diet pills. My thin friends ate/eat the same junk I did but probably in much lower frequency/portions. I didn't have a model of what healthy eating was.

I have jumped into clean eating/whole foods with both feet and LOVE it! That's my balance. I found that there are so many yummy foods out there that I can eat lots of and be healthy and lose weight. They come from the produce area, meat counter, dairy (eggs and low fat cheese and milk) and grains aisle. No processed foods! Try researching whole foods diets and clean eating and see if it's a good fit for you. There are lots of threads here on 3FC about it. Also you could try Tosca Reno's book on clean eating.

I just noticed your location - O-H, my friend!

Last edited by BeachBreeze2010; 02-02-2010 at 03:15 PM.
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:31 PM   #3  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

You're not alone... it can definately be hard to get back on track when you slip up... but the key is to DO IT. Easier said than done, of course. I get where you are coming from though. January was a bad month for me. I have been losing and gaining the same 6 pounds for weeks now. BUT, I decided today to stop feeling sorry myself and simply do it. No more excuses... I just have to do it. I have no other option.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:31 PM   #4  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I've been a little all over the place too.

I said to myself, today I'm going to stick to my eating plan, which I have. Now tonight I have to not snack (another problem of mine). Then that will be a solid on plan day.

So I guess what I'm trying to do is to come here and post to keep myself mindful, and to take it one day at a time.

Do you have a plan of what you eat for your meals and snacks? Do you know what areas cause you the most problems?

that's pretty huge, a break up with a fiance. sorry you had to go through that.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:21 PM   #5  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

Hopefully you can find that hting that got you going to begin with and get back to that groove. Sometimes it tougher than others but you know you have it in you because you ahve done it before!!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote