Old 02-02-2010, 12:52 AM   #1  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Default Kicking Salsa-butt (rant)

I've had enough of the half-hearted brazzle that I've been coming out with over the last few months. No wonder my weight loss has stalled (I've refused to call it a plateau because in my definition of the word, that's something that's happened even though you've stayed on plan). Being slipshod about stuff isn't going to do it for me.

So.

Food: I'm back to logging everything in Fitday. Kaki fruit have nearly 120 calories! Who knew? Well you know what, I would have known had I looked it up when I FIRST went on a bender with the things!

Back to counting the calories. Back to portion control (like, no second helpings, ya lazy tub o' lardy Salsa!). Treats once a blinking week, not every single day. Sheesh.

And no, I'm not telling my personal trainer. He's of the 'just write it down [and I haven't even been doing that] but don't weigh/measure anything' school of thought. Well, what does he know, he's one of those people who need to gain weight!

Daily weighing and tracking, both in Fitday and in my neato Excel file.

Exercise: I'm doing lots each week but I'm going to start running again. Mainly because I want to and I'm a wimp if I don't.

But it's mainly the food. Sheesh.

No more gaffing around. I'm going to kick start this (again) so hard that my innards aren't going to know what's hit them. Bring it on, you moronic fat cells who labour under the illusion that I'm going to starve any time soon. I'm ready for you. I am your mistress, not the other way around, and I will specify (with the help of various physical laws) how much I'm going to weigh. Not you. Yes, you, the saddlebag on my right thigh, I'm looking at you.

This message was brought to you by the exasperation of a self-realisation on a Tuesday morning.
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:46 AM   #2  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I am SOOOOOO WITH YOU. Let's kick those freaking fat cells together my friend!!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:19 AM   #3  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Kickin fat to the curb! Let's DO THIS THING!

BTW.. that was hilarious - love your sense of humor!
HotWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:26 AM   #4  
Losing weight since 2009

S/C/G: 310/138/132

Height: 5'7

Yay you! You gave yourself a stern talking to (I do that myself), you know what to do and you made a great plan...all that's left is losing weight! Stay strong and you'll be over your 'plateau' in no time!
Gracie789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:25 AM   #5  

Thanks, guys, for cheering me on. It really needed to be said, and I'd kind of known this since before Christmas - but it needed a smackdown

cfmama - shall we race to 199?

HotWings - thank you! People have told me I should write a column or something, as apparently I'm quite funny. But I wouldn't want to write about personal stuff...and really, it's only when I *do* write about personal stuff that it apparently comes across well. Hehe

Gracie - I intend to stay strong, yeah!! Thanks for the cheerleaders, I don't think I've ever had them before!

So today I've been to the gym (had to cycle through some horrid slushy falling snow to get there too). My weight is STILL stuck at 207, but let's see what a week of Salsa Bootcamp does to that. Ha! So far I've taken in just under 700 calories; plenty enough over for a small snack this afternoon and then a sensible dinner (fitday tells me with my current goal I'm good for just over 1600 cals a day, so I've got just under 1000 cals for the rest of today).

Hurrah for 3fc. Only you guys can understand me when I need to reset like this. Everyone else starts warning me about anorexia
Old 02-02-2010, 10:22 AM   #6  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good for you for being able to kick your own butt when needed. I've had to do that to myself a time or two. I agree, ignore the trainer (at least about the food logging), the just write it down, but don't weigh everything approach works for some, but not others. I'm a weigh everything girl too. For goodness sakes, when I have cherries I weigh them and then after I eat them I weigh the pits and subtract it just so that I can have more accurate numbers. You need to do what works for you, not what someone else thinks should work for you. Yay for new attitude and new kick butt plan. The pounds will have no choice but to run away screaming in terror.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:22 AM   #7  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I like reading your posts, you do have a great sense of humor.

I hope you don't mind me saying I've been treading something of the same path food wise. sometimes I wish I could be kidnapped, like Bette Midler in Ruthless People, and have my food be prepared and handed to me while I'm locked in a room with no access to chocolate or other DHCFI (dangerously high caloric food items).

my bf leans towards being underweight. he has to tone down his exercise and up his consumption of devil dogs from time to time. that's just....something I try not to think about too much (!)
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

good for getting back on track - but I also think it's great that you were able to maintain, that's still a victory!
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:59 AM   #9  

FGG - thanks for the encouragement and kitchen scale solidarity! I have to say, having FitDay (and taking my laptop to work with me) has been good for keeping focused today - and I'm taking it one day at a time

I've decided I just won't tell my trainer I've already rebelled on his instruction to not weigh myself at home, and if he hears that I'm also going uber-precise on measuring my calories the poor guy'll think he's doing something wrong! It's just wrong for me

Yaaaaaaaa on the miserly fleeing pounds. Cowards.

Dragon - you're like my hero

I agree with you - wouldn't it be awesome if just for a while, to kick start things again if need be, someone else would deal with the meal planning/counting aspect? Just to get you back on track and then you could gradually take over again?

*sigh* I guess this is part of being an independent adult taking responsibility for myself, right. Blegh. I knew there was something about growing up I wouldn't like (other than periods).
Old 02-02-2010, 11:06 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutsMom704 View Post
good for getting back on track - but I also think it's great that you were able to maintain, that's still a victory!
Thank you! I guess I should see the plus side of things - although to be honest December and January had so many fluctuations that I'm uncomfortable with even saying I maintained. Oh well.

But really, I'm impatient. I want to be lighter!!
Old 02-02-2010, 05:39 PM   #11  

Default 2nd Feb accountability report

According to fitday, with some cycling left out:

Calories burned: 3226
Calories consumed: 1426

Calorie deficit: 1800

Perhaps there's a big overestimation in my activity level somewhere - but I don't think so. I selected 'sedentary' and then included some of my day's cycling (not all of it).

On the other hand, I did two bouts of exercise today: gym and bellydancing. Oh well.

Going good on the water front, and I'm happy with my calorie intake (which I did indeed round up for some things). Let's see how tomorrow goes.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:16 PM   #12  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

Good for you! Just what I need to do as well. I am still logging but wondering if I have been lying to myself and cutting corners. Need to stick with the plan -- ALL of it!!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:25 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Good for you. Every single day is a new beginning - whether you've been on plan or off the day before. I know you CAN do this!!!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:21 PM   #14  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I hear ya sister! Buckle down, get on track, and wait for the JOY of crossing into Onederland.

I'm right there with you, though I fear my weightloss has been stalled for quite awhile thanks to the n00b on board, I would still LOVE to not gain a metric ton this pregnancy

Log your food, it is SO key!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote