Old 02-01-2010, 02:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 264/244/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Acurately tracking weight loss

Okay I'm struggling with how to accurately track my weight loss. I weighed myself at home and was 264, then weighed myself on my friends scale at work on 1/6/2010 at 264.2. Now I go to weight watchers, but by the time I started Weight watchers on 1/14/2010 my actual weigh in was 253. I'm finding my scale at home does not match up at all with Weight Watchers scale. In weight watchers eyes my starting weight is 253, but in my eyes it was 264.2. I am not sure how to celebrate my weight loss Should I x out the first 10lbs and consider the 253 my starting weight and just go with watch watchers weights or should I go with my own scale weight? I don't know. I'm finding it complicated and frustrating and having trouble celebrating any weight loss. As of last thursday I was down 5lbs. I was 246 per weight watchers. Now they also take two pounds off for shoes and clothes so I assume I was 248. As of yesterday morning on my home scale it said 248 in my T-shirt. Anyone else confused??? lol
moveforward73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 264/260.5/150

Height: 5'6"

I would go with your actual starting weight. That is when you started to make a change and you should celebrate every pound lost. I have also learned to weigh myself naked so that I don't make allowances for my clothes. For me, it is easy to say, oh that outfit weighed 5 pounds. Ridiculous, I know, but I can't give myself any excuses. I would stick with your home scale and track it that way though.
ToriLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:28 PM   #3  

I think what I will do this Thursday for weight in and take what WW shows for my weight, and then immediately go home and get in my "Birthday Suit" and weight on my home scale and come up with the exact difference so I don't have to question anymore. I can't say I'm super happy with this WW meeting group. I lost 5lbs and they are supposed to reward that in the meeting but never gave me a chance or asked if anyone lost 5 or more pounds. I felt jipped.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Pick one scale and stick with that. I, personally, would go with my home scale and just realize that the ww scale is off. After all, your weight at home and on your friends scale is pretty close so I really do think the ww scale is off. But, it really doesn't matter what you do as long as you stick to one scale. You will be hard pressed to find two scales that weigh you exactly the same.

Pick one, disregard the other. As a matter of fact, if you choose the ww scale, don't even bother weighing yourself at home. It's just too confusing!

Anyway, that's my opinion....
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by moveforward73 View Post
I think what I will do this Thursday for weight in and take what WW shows for my weight, and then immediately go home and get in my "Birthday Suit" and weight on my home scale and come up with the exact difference so I don't have to question anymore. I can't say I'm super happy with this WW meeting group. I lost 5lbs and they are supposed to reward that in the meeting but never gave me a chance or asked if anyone lost 5 or more pounds. I felt jipped.
That's a good idea too!
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:41 PM   #6  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Keep in mind that WW sells scales. I think they make them off a bit knowing there will be a difference to get you to buy it. Just my little conspiracy theory!

Consistancy is all that matters. Just pick one that's the official scale and go with it. It's the direction it moves rather than the actual weight anyway.

I hear ya, though. I never can figure out what I really weigh, what size my pants are or anything. Hehe. I just know that the scale I have is going down and my pants are bigger (more than just stretching them in during the day). It could drive a completely sane woman off the deep end!
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:05 PM   #7  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I too would go with the home reading. If it bothers you to have a different reading at WW, maybe close your eyes and ask them not to tell you, as long as you're on track, or whatever. I don't know how they use the weight so maybe that's not possible, but I think that's what I would do.

But the trend should be about the same.

Also, my weight fluctuates a lot throughout the day. Just going from a WW meeting to home could cause my weight to do something crazy.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:05 PM   #8  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I would make the home scale the "official" weight, but celebrate major goals for both. The more you find times and ways to reward yourself the easier it is to stick to this. I would also do what you said and try to find out the exact difference. Do you weigh in at the beginning of a meeting? I've never done WW. If you weigh in at the beginning, it might be more accurate to take the naked home scale weight before you go to the meeting instead of when you get home.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:20 PM   #9  

Okay going to go with the home scale. I don't know how long I'll keep up the WW meetings anyway. I haven't gotten really all that much from them yet. I'll give it a few more weeks and see.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:36 PM   #10  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by moveforward73 View Post
Okay going to go with the home scale. I don't know how long I'll keep up the WW meetings anyway. I haven't gotten really all that much from them yet. I'll give it a few more weeks and see.
Give that some careful consideration. I've never done WW but I've heard that a big part of the success is the accountability. Is there another location you could try? I'd hop over to the WW forum right here on 3FC before making such a big decision.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote