View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 07:53 AM   #72
Elladorine
❈ one w/ the wind & sky ❈

S/C/G: 360/210/150

Height: 5' 8"

Hi, I'm Karen. You may have seen me elsewhere.

Although I've been posting in a few different forums on this site, I've been lurking around all over the place trying to figure out where I might fit in. I used to be a bit of a goth girl myself way back in the mid-90's (was "goth" even a term back then?) but strayed away from it out of self-consciousness, I think. But at the same time, I never really felt I fit in with the "norm" and have been told I'm a "free spirit." Maybe this is a good home for me? I've lately hit a slump with my weight loss and have spent a lot of time looking within for answers.

I've always considered myself an artist and have often teetered on the quirky side. I love to draw cartoonish, pin-up style girls with the curvy type of figures I'd love to have myself, lol . . . I'm an apple so I feel like I've got all my curves in the wrong places.

I'm 5' 8" and currently in the vicinity of 250 pounds. I hit 360 at my highest (possibly more) so I've lost over 100 pounds. I'd like to lose another hundred though and I'm especially eager about the next 30 since I suspect that might get me out of plus sizes.

I used to dye my hair burgundy but I've been at my natural brown for a few years now. I have blueish/greenish eyes and love having very fair skin. I've been known to sunburn in fifteen minutes or less, and here I am, living in the desert! I do pretty well to stay out of the sun though.

I'm originally from the midwest, but moved to Vegas to be with the special guy I met online a couple years ago. It's been an emotional roller coaster but he's been good to me and I haven't regretted a moment of it. No kids yet but I've got a tuxedo cat named Koji.

I used to want to get a tattoo and my nose pierced when I lost weight several years back, but I feel like I'm getting too old for that kind of thing and will probably chicken out! Or maybe it's more like . . . well, I'm picky, and I don't know if I could ever settle on a specific tattoo and be happy having it for the rest of my life . . . what if I don't like it ten years from now?

As for movies and TV, I'm really into animation more than anything, but my overall interest has waned more and more in the past few years (I sorta went through a lot with my ex and I think it changed me). I like all sorts of music; Tori Amos, The Wallflowers, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Goo Goo Dolls, Ani DiFranco, and tons more. I guess my favorite genre would be the 90's though, purely for nostalgia purposes.

If I ever seem withdrawn, it's because I have agoraphobia. It's pretty easy to hide since I'm online, but even then it can affect my posting habits. At my worst point I had severe panic attacks, had no clue what was wrong, and couldn't even leave the house on my own. I'm doing much better now that I know what the real problem is; knowing has allowed me to look for support and find ways to cope. Something that's helped is forcing myself out to be social again in the form of a YMCA membership and TOPS meetings.

Anyway, this looks like a cool place to hang out . . . so here I am getting my introduction post out of the way.

Visit Elladorine.com to see my 150 lb. progress photos & more!Facebook Twitter

★ Goal for 2013: Healthy Pregnancy, Healthy Baby REACHED 12-11-13]
★ Goal for 2014: Get under 200 pounds once and for all!!! ★
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote