S/C/G: 296/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Talking

First name: Meghan

Geographical location: Riverside, CA

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: none

Pets: Two springers

Hobbies/Interests: Medicine, Psychology, Anthropology, Knitting, Writing, Reading, Music, Movies, Piracy (arr mateys!)

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes, Various colors of chemically altered hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Feb. 1, 2010

Starting Weight: 296.5lbs

Present Weight: 296.5lbs

Goal Weight: 150lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My clinical depression, which is of course only greatly aggravated by my lack of exercise and proper diet

Following any specific plan: Not exactly--just plan on eating healthier, smaller portions and exercising as much as I can in the beginning. Don't want to set an exercise routine until I'm adapted to the change and I'm more aware of what I'm capable of.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm being more open and honest and seeking support instead of remaining isolated in denial.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I guess I could share some of my history....I have always been overweight. Even as a little kid I was constantly teased and segregated from my peers, convinced I was slightly less of a person than they were. No matter how smart I am, I still feel like a failure because of my weight. So now I'm being honest with myself and everyone else, putting negativity and toxic aspects of my past behind me and I'm starting again.