Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 07:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ And Getting Fit After Forty #247

This thread is a sub-set of the 300+ weekly thread.

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of having a significant amount of weight to lose and being fit which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:28 AM   #2  

Hi ladies,

Sorry for being so quiet last week. We lost our rottie, Danni. I just haven't been able to talk about it. I am slowly getting over the shock and trauma. I admit to doing some comfort eating. Mainly, it was just easier to eat something than to do Medifast.

The good news is that I was down to 264 which I haven't been in a long time. I haven't weighed in today but I'm sure the scale is back up a couple.

I better get moving. Another super busy week at work. to all!
Old 01-25-2010, 08:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Terri -- I am so sorry for your loss.

I'm still hanging in there... I spent hours working this weekend and am still not caught up, but I'm going to keep trudging along. Stress levels are okay... maybe because I did workout both days?? Lots of deep breathing helps too.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:55 PM   #4  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Terri, I'm so sorry for your loss of Danni. There's not much to say. Remember the good times.

WI isn't 'til Thurs. but I had an Ahhh moment today. It was really warm so I decided to wear something Springy. As I searched through the closet I spotted a shirt that I bought about a year and a half ago through a catalog. It was the size I thought I was. It arrived and needless to say, it didn't come close to fitting. I kept it because I liked it and hoped someday it would fit. Well, I was brave this morning and decided to see how much more I needed to lose before it was wearable. I figured at least another 15 lbs. I put it on and it fit. It fit my boobs and it fit my hips! It looked really, really good on me. I was shocked! I paired it with jeans that fit and all of a sudden the folks at work noticed I'd lost some weight. I'm feeling good about myself for the 1st time in ages. I'm succeeding!

Grins, Giggles and Smiles,

Last edited by j-ann; 01-25-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Terri - hugs to you - no words - just hugs.

Heather - deep breathing is always good.

Judy - wow - what a great day for you! That will certainly put a spring in your step.

Every day I start out for it to be POP - today I did it! Somehow knowing vacation was coming up has kept me from taking care of myself. Trying to shake the funk - another few POP days should do it. Georgia - lets destroy our memberships to the sisterhood funk.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:08 PM   #6  

Judy -- What a great nsv!!!

I'm bushed.... way too much grading!
Old 01-26-2010, 01:05 AM   #7  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Terri, I too am so sorry for your loss. If you ever feel like talking about Danni, we're here for you.

Carol, Sisterhood of the Funk is no more! Although, I was playing some funk music today and rocked my blues away. I highly recommend The Heavy's How You Like Me Now. Really got my groove going!

Judy, what a lovely closet-find! I'm so glad you got so much out of it.

Heather, I started doing the deep breathing exercises to lower my blood pressure. Hope they're helping you. I read once that there is a form of yogic breathing that helps with weight loss as well. I need to find that again!

Today I had to set my mom straight, again, about getting after me about my weight and what I'm doing about it. She spends a lot of time at home, on her own, with Oprah, Dr. Oz and The Doctors as her only friends. And the minute she sees something that she is convinced is The Answer for me, she's got to call me to let me know all about it. And once again, I had to talk her down from her self-induced panic-attack and she pouted at me over the phone, slipping in whatever guilt she thought might attach itself to me.

I have read that when we make positive changes in our lives, there is a ripple effect that causes others to change for the better. Someone forgot to tell my mom about this.

NOT GETTING INTO A FUNK ABOUT IT! I PROMISE!
Old 01-26-2010, 10:58 AM   #8  

Im here...had a good bday and enjoyed my peice of cake.I used 5 flex points yesterday but am still amazed that I wasnt tempted by a second slice.
Alot of sickness going around this area. Daughter went to the doctor sick and my gd is sick also, as in my sil. I have the morning off from kids because one is sick and the other ones mom is sick. Hopefully I dont catch anything !!!
Old 01-26-2010, 09:07 PM   #9  
BELIEVE!

Howdy Gals!

Terri.... I'm so sorry. Yay on seeing a low number on the scale. Get back on track. You can do it and will feel better about it! The food is only a temporary fix!

Judy....WOOHOO!!! Awesome NSV!

Heather....I'm sure getting those workouts in are helping with stress!

Geo....NO FUNKS!

Carol...You can do it! Get some POP days in before setting sail. You know how difficult it is to make those healthy choices on board.

Deb...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sorry I missed it.

Well, it's taken me the past 2 hours to get this post completed. Now I'm cuddled up on the couch to watch some TV. I'll catch up with you lovelies more later!

Barb
Old 01-27-2010, 07:14 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Barb - you are so right about having a string of POP days under my belt. Day two is in the books and day three started. I do have a plan to walk the deck every morning before coffee - I've really missed walking outside and look forward to this so much.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:57 AM   #11  

Good morning ladies,

Work is kicking my rear end this week. But I'm thankful for the opportunity! At least its a good kind of rear end kicking as in very busy on a big project and no mental drama.

I'm back on track and getting back to normal. It sure has helped to have some decent weather. The sun has been a welcome sight.

Deb - Happy Birthday! You did great by enjoying the one slice. Stay well!

Carol - Are you counting down days to launch?

Georgia - Moms - can't live with 'em and can't kill them either. Just let that stuff roll right off your back. You can't change her. Just have to learn how to shut that stuff out.

I could sit here and fall asleep but I better get up and get ready for work. We have a big deadline on this Friday so no rest until 5:00 pm Friday night.

to all!
Old 01-27-2010, 08:00 AM   #12  

I forgot to say that I've taken up a new hobby to help me deal with all the stress and heartache. I'm relearning how to crochet. I haven't done this in 20 years or more and about all I did was make a couple of baby blankets. I'm working on my first crochet hat. The intent is to make chemo caps once I get the pattern figured out. I work on this at my desk while at lunch and sometimes at night. Helps settle the brain, helps me be satisfied with lunch and not think about what else to eat and the same at night -- hard to eat and play with yarn at the same time. Gotta learn new coping skills, right?!
Old 01-27-2010, 04:11 PM   #13  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Day 6 OP for me. Feeling really good about being comfortable with my eating this week. Just ordered some more choc. mint Vitatops. They're my snacking at night life savers.

Terri: Glad things are getting better. I crocheted a million moons ago. My favorite thing was fine counted cross stitch. I may get back to it this summer. I'll need to find really strong magnifiers though. My glasses just won't cut it with the tiny weave I liked to work in. It is very relaxing though and keeps your hands and mind very busy.

Georgia: It's hard when it's your Mom giving you a hard time. I'm with Terri, just do your best to pretend you listen then send her not very nice thoughts away as soon as you hang up or walk out the door. Easier said than done, I know.

Ladies, I think I'm behind the times here. What's the first "P" in POP stand for?

W/I tomorrow. Of course we may be dealing with lake effect snow tomorrow afternoon. Hope it's not so bad that I have to stay home from the WW meeting. It can be a nasty 12 mile trip in bad weather.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:56 PM   #14  
BELIEVE!

POP (to me) = Perfectly on Plan

Just a quick Hello! Hubby is working late tonight so I'm going to clean out the bathroom linen closet, medicine cabinet, etc. after I get the boys settled. I want to get my vacation toiletries ready and it's a good excuse to clean out some old junk.

Pretty good day here today.....Talk to you everyone more later.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:40 PM   #15  

Hey everyone -- Just wanted to say I'll be out of town for a few days but back before the end of the weekend.

Keep on eating well, exercising, and don't forget to record your minutes on the exercise thread!
Closed Thread