General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:22 PM   #1  
Amazing will be me

Default Alli/Orlistat users

I was prescribed it by my doctor and started using it 2day and wandered if any one else has used it and would like to hear about your stories xxx
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:46 AM   #2  
Looking For A Life Change

S/C/G: 205/140

Height: 5'3

Hi I took the Alli version last year which I thought really help along with Diet, I stopped taking it though and in a year I started gaining back, but that was due to lack of self control-I just bought it again-just don't eat alot of fat...you will have oily discharge..avoid too much cheese and grease.
ladybug1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

I took Orlistat for a total of two years and lost a total of 52kg (114lb) on it. I've maintained that (and lost a little more) since September last year.

Any questions, please ask.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/150/145

Height: 5'7"

Lucky8, it's really worked for me, I started off at a UK size 22 to buying a pair of size 10 jeans yesterday.

I've got a question, Kitty, I've been taking Alli for the last three months and have found it really helpful; I'm so frightened of getting 'treatment effects' that I've stuck religiously to the recommended amount of fat and never 'cheated'.

Now I'm getting to the point were I'm happy with my weight and I've cut down to just one pill a day but I'm a bit worried about what will happen when I stop, will things get back to normal right away or will I need to cut it out more slowly, eg, one pill every other day, every third day?
Trudiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/234/150

Trudiha - I used to take alli and I just stopped taking it when I didn't have any more pills. I don't think the pills really alter how your body works long term so it's safe to just stop taking them.
And my understanding of how to take Alli was that you only needed to take the pill with food containing fats because it's job was to prevent the fat from the food from being digested. So it's only supposed to be taken with the food. Which in my opinion means that it's not something that's in your system and working on a continuous basis, it's only working when you take it. So there would be no ill effects from I sudden stop in taking the pills.
nicollem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

hmmm... has anyone had the health side effects? the liver issue, any health affect (not BM)
NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/209/170

Height: 5'10

Default alli

I hate diet supplements. After many years ago I passed out from my own abuse of Xenadrin.

My mom had this alli stuff she gave me. Do to her own health conditions her doctor advised her against and diet supplements.

So i have been thinking of using this only when I know I am going to go out to eat or something. Like tonight I know i am going out to dinner. I try and pick healthy as possible.

so is it worth it to take this fat blocker supplement a few times. not daily or just don't bother work out harder the next day.
LoveBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:04 PM   #8  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

I may be wrong, but I believe I read that Alli is just a lower dose of Xenadrin, so I would be careful!

I did consider taking Alli. But, I am leary about taking anything that messes with the natural functions of my body. I don't want to get into something and years down the road there are terrible side effects found out and I've damaged my overall health or something. It seems like there are a lot of meds that end up being dangerous and are pulled by the FDA. Supplements don't really have much FDA regulation as well.

That said, I would think that taking it now and then wouldn't be like taking it all the time - just make sure you are near a bathroom. lol!
HotWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:44 PM   #9  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

It looksl ike you have already lost over 50 lbs on your own. I would say skip Alli and keep doing what you are doing.

I haven't taken it, but I thought about it. And after all the reading I did, I think taking it before going out to dinner would be the opposite of what you want to do. There are certain side effects (poo your pants) from Alli if you eat too much fat (over 15 g, I think) and even picking healthy food at the resturant, it is hard to know exactly how much fat, etc. you are really getting from your meal.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:02 PM   #10  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

There is an entire thread in Does it Work? about Alli. I've also posted information about the FDA investigation of Alli due to liver damage.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does...does-work.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does...er-damage.html

Here are the 2 threads which can provide you some interesting reading.

I also did the math when Alli came out and if you use it as prescribed, is possible that it can cut 100 calories/day from your food. That would mean you'd lose 1 lb/month due to the direct effects of taking Alli. At $60/month, that seems pretty costly. Of course there are the indirect effects of Alli in that people may cut down on their overall calorie consumption while they are taking it but then again they could also increase their calorie consumption and even gain weight while taking it.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:19 PM   #11  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
by HotWings
I may be wrong, but I believe I read that Alli is just a lower dose of Xenadrin, so I would be careful!
I just want to make clear that... Alli is just a lower dose of Xenical

Xenadrin is a totally different drug
belezura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:32 PM   #12  

Height: 5'4"

By the way... I use Alli only on the weekends and works great for me...
You see all the orange fat coming out at the toilet and not being added to your cells...
I take it on the weekends because it is when I eat a lot more... I don't measure any fat because I don't mind the effect, I just make sure I am in a situation where I can get to bathroom quick...
LOL
belezura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:32 PM   #13  
I'm not drunk, I have MS.

S/C/G: HW:250/SW://170

Height: 5'8" Apple Shape

I think it would be worse to take it once in awhile then every day, but I wouldn't ever take this stuff anyway. Be sure to wear a diaper...
ShootingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:01 AM   #14  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by belezura View Post
I just want to make clear that... Alli is just a lower dose of Xenical

Xenadrin is a totally different drug
Thank you!! I knew it was a Xena-something
HotWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 07:27 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Exclamation Ok... so what if...

Well I'm on Alli, and I'm a little concerned about something. What if you're not really going to the bathroom often at all? This is my second day now...sorta...and I haven't done that yet. I'm glad not to have side affects, but will Alli still work? Anyone know this? Been taking it? Had this happen?
NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote