Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 01-25-2010, 09:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 350/239/160

Smile On Track for Vertical Sleeve

Hi All

I was posting here in the end of last year about getting the vertical sleeve done. I had to postpone my surgery til Feb 10th because of financial reasons. Now, it is getting really close. I am feeling very nervous and excited. I have started a low-carb diet and have dropped some weight I start the official pre-op when I have my final consult with the surgeon on Thursday. Then it is on to an EKG, blood tests and a chest x-ray. So I do have a few hurdles yet but am feeling optimistic.

Any thoughts on the Profect-type of drinks? I have to consume 2 a day for the first week post-op and hear they are a nasty At Wal Mart, I found one brand for $1.97. Is that a good deal?

Thanks All,

Pennie
CatWuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:00 AM   #2  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Not sure about Profect specifically, but if I need a pre-made protein shake, I like the EAS brand chocolate ones (I get them at Walmart).

Congrats on your moving forward, even if it was delayed a bit!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:33 AM   #3  
Old Cackler

Cat!!! you sound so excited!!! congratulations! as for the protein drinks, keep trying until you find one you like - remembering that there's a good chance your tastes will change after the surgery. Make sure you can return any unused product if you don't like it!!! in some stores, there are small sample packs - and they'll help you make your choice.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote