South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 12:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/177/125

Height: 5'2"

Default Looking for support and buddies

Hello all,
My name is Sarah, and I just surfed onto this site. I am looking to share info and get advice while trying to get myself back to where I can not be embarrased to wear a bathing suit in public.

About a week and half ago, I started the South Beach Diet, and I ahve lost about 9 lbs. I am pretty proud of that, but I have to say it isn't finding easy recipes to stick with it. My family ordered a pizza tonight, and I had to beg them all to eat it fast or else I was gonna cave..thankfully they did just that!!

Is anyone else on the SB diet? If so, what did you east during phase one to be sure you weren't hungry?
I look forward to making some friends here!!
Old 01-23-2010, 06:19 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Sarah and

on your WL so far...and, I must say, your successful OP negotiation past "pizza night". It does get easier, and once you're solid into P2 there are SBD friendly pizza options.

For me, having P1 options in my fridge at all times really helped. I added beans to salads and had FF yogurt once a day as a snack. A SF 3 bean salad (and sometimes just green beans) and a few bites of chicken seemed to help pull me through my hungry moments. From my experience, it does get better.

There is lots of information on our forum and lots of others who participate daily. Feel free to join us on our daily thread where we chat about anything and everything. The weekly OP thread is a good spot to post menus and ask questions.

We always ask the proverbial question; have you read the book? Having a clear understanding of SBD is essential and the book is a great reference for questions, as well.

The forum has been so helpful to me!

Best Wishes!
Old 01-23-2010, 07:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Sarah - it is nice to meet you That is a great loss.

Most chicks on here are doing SB. There are lots of good recipes posted.

I have felt very motivated by the chick and by joining in. This is an awesome place
Old 01-23-2010, 07:46 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Hi Sarah,

You'll love all the great recipes here - my husband and I are loving the awesome meals I've been making since I joined this site. lol
Old 01-23-2010, 08:00 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow, Sarah, great job!

I was thinking this morning, I wonder how I stumbled across this site. It honestly is one of the best things that could've happened to me for the health portion of my life. You'll love the "on-plan" thread, and they often have a phase I thread as well!

My family had boxed mac and cheese Thursday night (I worked late), and Long John SIlver's (daddy's choice, I worked late again...the thought of it alone makes my stomach churn!!) last night. I just had my beachy leftovers in the fridge. ALways make extra!!

Good luck!! We hope you find this site as rewarding as we do!
Old 01-23-2010, 08:05 AM   #6  

Thank you all for the nice welcome..how do i get one of those cool weight loss counters that I see on the bottom of alot of a posts?
Old 01-23-2010, 09:08 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Sarah, It takes 20 days and 20 posts to get your ticker and signature. It keeps the spammers out. It was my first goal-get a ticker.

Here is a link to all kinds of questions about the forums Forum Announcements and Help.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 01-23-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:26 AM   #8  

LOL..ok..great..thanks Debbie!
Old 01-23-2010, 04:38 PM   #9  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome Sarah. You're doing an awesome job. Planning ahead is key to success on SB so you can avoid caving. Coming here daily really helps me.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:30 PM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Sarah!

The recipes in the section above are fantastic! That's actually how I found my way here. There's a ton of great support and fun ladies around to keep you on track.

I like to load up on veggies. Having a plate full of food that I can enjoy and know that it is nourishing me makes me head and my belly happy. I like salads because they have so many different flavors in them.

Protein can help you feel full longer. My favorite easy protein is cottage cheese. Yum!
Old 01-23-2010, 05:53 PM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Sarah!

Did you find our recipe section? Everyone in this part of the site is on the SBD. Good luck and know we're here!
Closed Thread